Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 256 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1266481 - 03/29/09 03:06 PM Preachermantom's Daily Devotional
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Ten Commandments 3-30-09

Today I am starting a new series as I am sure you notice called the Ten Commandments. The commandments are so important for Christians. The first reason is it is a guide by which God has given us to live our lives by. I hope each day you will examine yourself and see how you are doing in lining up to God's commands. The second reason is it is a great witnessing tool. When you tell somebody about Jesus if we will take them through the 10 commandments it easy to show that person how we have broken every commandment and need redemption through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

So lets look at some scripture.

Jesus said..."Do not think that I came to destroy the law or the prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. Matt.5:17

Jesus said..."Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matt.5:19

I have heard many folks over the years make comments that we are not under the law anymore but under grace...which is true and it is false. Let me explain. We are still to live by the Ten Commandments and some other commandments that Jesus gave but we are also not held by the old sacrificial systemwhich was part of the law as Jesus replaced that by the ULTIMATE sacrifice....Himself on the cross for our sin.

I have not found any place in the Bible that tells us that the ten commandments are null and void. I believe we should look at them often. It should help us strive to keep our lives in order. It should also humble us daily as we see how often we fall short of what God expects from His people. Jesus Christ was fulfillment of the ten commandments as He is the ONLY ONE who ever kept the commandments perfectly.

So I hope you will join me as we look at each commandment and examine our lives to see how well we are holding up the Word of God.

God bless you my friends...Tom

p.s....I am posting this on Sunday for Monday as I will be on vacation tomorrow!

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#1267622 - 03/30/09 01:38 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Another Gooden. Have fun and be safe on your vacation.

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#1267669 - 03/30/09 06:01 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tiny]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

We'll be here. Have a good vacation day!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#1268031 - 03/30/09 10:56 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
Boodaddy
14 Point

Loc: Chapel Hill Tn

Be looking for it,have a Good Time............

#1269294 - 03/31/09 06:06 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Boodaddy]
MUP
Non-Typical

btt

#1269379 - 03/31/09 07:33 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Ten Commandments #1 3-31-09

Good Tuesday morning everyone. I had an amazing day yesterday! I killed my first turkey. It was a great morning and I just praise God for allowing me to enjoy a beautiful morning and to harvest a bird. I hope you had a good day yesterday too!

Now for the devotion.

Commandment number one says: "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the house of bondage."

I wonder if it bothered God to have to tell us that He is God?? I have a hard time understanding how people can deny the that there is a God. It seems to me if people will just open their eyes it easy to see God all around us. Creation itself shouts praises to the Creator God! So not only did God feel it was important to remind us He is Our God but He also need to remind us what He has done for us. Israel needed to be reminded what He had done by bringing them out of the bondage of slavery in Egypt and now was going to be lead to the promise land although this generation would not make it the next would. God has brought us out of bondage too! If you have received forgiveness of your sin through the blood of Jesus Christ you have been freed from the slavery of sin!! Thank you Jesus!!! I hope and pray God doesn't have to remind us of that very often! Now God is leading us to the promise land, an eternity in heaven. Wow we are so unworthy. Thank you Jesus for making us worthy by your death on the cross.

I want to challenge you this morning to look at Israel's journey. Often we we laugh at the disobedience and laugh and say I can't believe they would turn their backs on God like that, but when we examine it closer we are just like them...stubborn and hardheaded! It is a shame God has to remind us of Himself but it is a blessing He loves us enough to do so!!!

Have a great day in the Lord!!!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#1269482 - 03/31/09 08:53 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Excellent reminder PMT, have to do it alot myself. ;\)

#1269753 - 03/31/09 11:43 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
DeerSlayer
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Roane County, Tennessee

What do you suppose Ephesians 2:15 means which it says

"by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations..."

tricky tricky... Sometimes it is hard to get a clear understanding of the bible without looking at the entire context to get the full picture.

Romans 7:6
"But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code."

I am in no way saying that the 10 commandments are null and void, and I think there is much to be learned from them, but I do think they were written to a specific audience, the Israelites.

just a thought. not an argument. I appreciate you taking the time to write these devotionals.

God Bless!

Paul
Matthew 25:31-46
Are you a Sheep or a Goat?

#1269932 - 03/31/09 01:33 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: DeerSlayer]
Wrangler95
16 Point

Loc: Celina,Tn

Very nice,thanks!!
Psalms 37:16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked

#1269979 - 03/31/09 02:15 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Wrangler95]
Mathews Hunter
12 Point

Loc: Southern Middle Tennessee

Very nice, thanks!

Page 1 of 256 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
10 registered (Engine2c, shrek, stryker, gillis28, Tuckbass, gobblegrunt, 1 invisible) and 165 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89369 Topics
1045223 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 1.035 seconds in which 0.523 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.