Tndeer Logo

Page 222 of 255 « First<220221222223224>Last »
Topic Options
#3256302 - 05/28/13 09:06 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Amen!

#3256317 - 05/28/13 09:53 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

AMEN!!

#3256948 - 05/29/13 07:58 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Who are you from God's perspective? #1

In life we tend to view ourselves from many different views. How we were raised, beliefs we have developed, successes or failures, others opinions, and the list goes on. Some of these may be truth and some may be false. When you give your life to Jesus, God has a view of you that is the only view that counts! We must learn who we are in Jesus so we can live a victorious, joyful life! So over the next several days I want us to see how God sees us, remember what God says is most important....all other opinions are worthless even if they are our own opinions!

The first thing we need to realize as a follower of Jesus is this:

2 Corinthians 5:17

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

You are brand new! Wow! Thank God. Whatever was in your past is now gone in God's eyes! So we need to forget it too. The devil will try to bring up your past, just remind him of this verse! God says you are new so live like it! You are free fro all your past sin, oh that should make you smile this morning! It sure does me!

The next view from God we need to grasp is:

2 Peter 1:3-9

3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. 5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. 8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins.

So what does divine nature mean? The short and sweet answer is Love and Righteousness. When we follow Jesus and give him our lives we supernaturally have God's divine nature in us through the Holy Spirit. We have all things needed to live in righteousness and love. Corruption is gone unless we allow it back in! So we are to live our lives in this manner showing others our godliness, not in a boastful manner, but in humility as our new life in Christ is shown to all we come in contact with. God sees us with a divine nature, do you see yourself with this? Don't really matter if you do or not God says you have it so live like it!

So today we see God sees you in two ways so far...a new creation with a divine nature. Live like God sees you, He is truth!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3257764 - 05/30/13 07:42 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Who are you from God's perspective? #2

Continuing on from yesterday about how God sees us! His view is more important than anybody's even our own! So lets continue in the Word this morning!

Galatians 2:20

20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

God no longer sees you in your sin when you give your life to Jesus, but He sees Jesus who lives in you through the Holy Spirit! Wow! That is awesome! And now the life you live is in faith, faith in Jesus! Jesus paid the price for your sin because He loves you. I am so thankful God no longer sees the sinful Tom but the sinless Jesus in me! That is how God sees you and it is very important you realize that!

Colossians 3:2-3

2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Now that we are dead to our old self but alive in Christ, we are to set our minds on godly things (things that are above). True, victorious, and joy filled lives are to be ours because we are hidden with Christ in God! Do you see how God is seeing you? It should be a mind opening moment!

When God sees you He sees you in Christ, a perfect creation, loved. Now it is our responsibility to live like Christ to the best of our ability! You are a child of the King! You have overcome this world through Jesus, now let us be showing the world our love, and bring them to Jesus so they to can live a victorious life!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3260505 - 06/03/13 11:32 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Who are you from God's perspective? #3

Ok let's continue on looking at how God views us, not how we view ourselves! Today we see we are free from the hold sin has on us look at this verse:

Romans 6:18

18 and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness

Oh yeah! We are free from sin. It no longer has a hold on us, because now we are slaves to righteousness in Christ. God does not see our sin anymore! He sees the righteousness of Christ in us! So why oh why do we let past sin come back to haunt us and burden us? The devil is good at this trick of bring our past sin up to try and beat us down with it....don't allow it! It is a lie! You are righteous in God's eyes!

So if we are free from sin than we are free from it's condemnation! Look here:

Romans 8:1-4

8 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. 3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the

flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but

according to the Spirit.

God no longer sees our sin so we are no longer convicted by God for our sin because it has been covered by Jesus! Makes me want to shout! Thank you Jesus! Jesus fulfilled the the law, all the requirements of God for us so that we no longer walk in our sinful fleshly desires but according to the Holy Spirit who dwells in each child of God!

So today we see that God sees us....sin free, righteous in Christ, and free from the convictions that sin brings upon us! Are you living this way or are you allowing the devil to warp your view? Don't! You are victorious through Christ Jesus...live like it!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3261205 - 06/04/13 09:33 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Who are you from God's perspective? #4

I sure an enjoying seeing how God sees me, for that is most important. My view and others view are of no value as we see how God sees us! His view rules. So let's look at another way God sees us this morning:

Romans 8:35-39

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:“For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Two main points we need to grab this morning from God's perspective:

1. There is NOTHING that can separate us from the love of Jesus! Did you catch that? NOTHING! Life's trials...no, distress is that which causes anxiety, pain, or suffering....no, persecution......no, famine.....no, nakedness....no, peril means exposed to danger....no, or even the sword or death.....no, no, no!!!!! You are loved by Jesus and NOTHING can take that away!

2. You are a conqueror in Jesus! Do you see your self as a conqueror? You should because if have given your life to Jesus and are a follower of Him you are victorious! Live like it. The devil and his tactics have lost, you have won through Jesus!!!! There are no powers anywhere that can separate us from the love of God through Jesus today or any other day!!!

Praise the Lord, shout, dance....God says you are loved and a conqueror! That makes it fact!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3261919 - 06/05/13 10:18 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Who are you from God's perspective? #5

Living by the way God sees us is so refreshing! As we continue to look at how God sees us I want you to ask yourself, "Do I live like I am free, or am I in bondage to something, or someone? Look at these verses:

Galatians 5:1 5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

John 8:32

32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

John 8:36

36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Do you see why I asked that question above? Jesus made us free to live in Him and from bondage to anything! That is awesome news. In Christ we have the power to overcome anything....a relationship that is not God honoring, a sinful habit, a habit that may be hurting our bodies, hobbies that keep us from the best relationship that we can have with God and the list goes on. Don't be in bondage to anything but Jesus! You can not live the life God desires for you if you are enslaved by people or things of this world. Thank God He has provided the answer...His Son Jesus. Don't you want to be free, really free??? Come to Jesus, and you can have that victorious, joyful, life that can only be had in truth, Jesus!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3261929 - 06/05/13 10:34 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Thanks Tom, very satisfying devotional!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3262590 - 06/06/13 08:00 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

MUP!!!!!!!!! Great to hear from ya brother! Thx for reading!

Jesus Christ

#3262591 - 06/06/13 08:01 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Who are you from God's perspective? #6

OH my brothers and sisters! As we continue to look at who you are from God's view, this morning you are going to want to shout, sing, dance, flip, smile, hop, jump, run around the house, hug someone, and praise the Lord when you see view today! Here it is:

1 Corinthians 15:55-57

55 “O Death, where is your sting?O Hades, where is your victory?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

YOU ARE VICTORIOUS! Through Jesus we have defeated sin, we have defeated death! YESSSSSSSS! Their is no such thing as a loser when covered by the blood of Jesus! The devil can try to beat us down, but He has been defeated! Death and hell are nothing and of no concern to those who have placed their faith in Christ! If that don't make you smile I don't know what will!

Praise be to God, I am a winner for eternity! How does that feel????? AWESOME!

Tom

Jesus Christ

Page 222 of 255 « First<220221222223224>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TieCampBuckSlayer, ChuckNorris, Breesor1, Hunter111, THEdonkey0515
13083 Registered Users
Who's Online
74 registered (Country1, tophat, Moonman, TN Bolton, pse2, l jones, 7 invisible) and 140 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13083 Members
42 Forums
88173 Topics
1032878 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.301 seconds in which 0.05 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.