Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 252 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#1298636 - 04/21/09 04:48 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tiny]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Ten Commandments #9

Sorry folks I am late with the devotion. I joined a friend of mine in west Tenn. for a turkey hunt today. It was awesome! We spooked a bunch of birds off the roost this morning first thing. After we sat down I had two hens fly down right to me at about 15 yards. I sure did try to grow some beards on those birds but it didn't work. We moved to another location and seen a Tom and 2 hens out in a field and put the stalk on them. My buddy gave a couple of yelps on the call and they came in right to us. He shot the Tom...9 inch beard, 1 1/2 inch spurs, 26 lbs. A very nice bird. Thank the Lord for a great day of hunting.

Now on to the devotion.

Exodus 20:16 "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."

I find it very interesting that God wants us to protect people's reputations. In a day and time where even our brothers and sisters in Christ have a had time keeping from talking about other folks. I believe we can even take this further than false witness, but to gossiping period! Reguardless of if the gossip is true or false! Look at what Proverbs 11:13 says "A talebearer reveals secrets, But he who is of a faithful spirit conceals a matter." Basically means keeps ones mouth shut!

God also clarifies this even more in Romans 15:2 "Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, leading to edification." Edification means building up! So if we are bearing false witness or gossiping about our neighbor are we building them up? I think the answer to that is pretty obvious. Also just to cover the part about neighbor. Neighbor is anybody we come in contact with in my opinion. Not just the person we live next door to.

As always we need to go our example and examine his life and conduct....Jesus. He did not lie about people and he did not gossip about people. Thus he has set the example for us. So as I look to this commandment I must confess I am nine for nine! I have broken them all so far. Showing me once again the need for a Savior. Thank God He provided me one by the name of Jesus!

Hope your day was as good as mine...God bless!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#1299185 - 04/21/09 10:23 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Thanks

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#1299345 - 04/22/09 05:42 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tiny]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Thanks PMT! Definitely words to abide by!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#1299614 - 04/22/09 09:56 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

Ten Commandments #10

What a night! I woke up at about 1:00 a.m. with my ears popping and hurting like crazy. So i went to the E.R. I haven't had ear problems since I was a little kid and I hope I never do again. Please pray for my ears that they will clear up quickly...thank you!

Now for today's devotion.

Exodus 20:17 "You shall not covet your neighbor's house, you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's."

It always amazes me how God's word penned thousands of years ago is still so on target for today. Sure some of the things we covet now may not be our neighbor's donkey but coveting what others have is alive and prospering in our society today!

Have you ever noticed our children? When the latest toy or gadget or cell phone comes out they just have to have it. They tell us they are gonna die if they don't have one. Guess what, my child is still living. It must be a miracle from God!! Ha ha. The sad thing is that our children get this not only from their friends but from us their parents. We have taught our children and ourselves to covet and it has cost us dearly. Debt in our families is sky high and in most cases it is due to plain old coveting.

Have you ever thought about how we want everything right now and we want to keep up with our neighbors! For example not too long ago folks would save up their money and buy a small house. Then they would continue to save and as their family would grow they would buy a bigger house. Now sometimes they may have to borrow some money but it would not be a huge amount by the time they sold their house and had saved up some money. Now think to how we do it today. We get married and are fresh out of college and go looking at houses that are way past what we can truly afford. We have school loans and have not saved up any money. We buy that huge house just because of our greed and wanting to be like so and so. Now for the next 30 years we struggle with bills and many times as we buy more things we can't afford like fancy cars and we end up in bankruptcy. All because we covet what other people have.

Folks we need to lean to be content in what we have and can afford. One last thought....how many times was there something you just had to have? I mean your thoughts were on this thing all the time. The after you got it...3-6 months later you were not even using it anymore? I know I have.

Coveting stuff can quickly turn into some major sin in our life. So audit yourself this morning and see if we need to make some adjustments in this area!

Tell someone about Jesus today!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#1299670 - 04/22/09 10:49 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Well put PMT! Lots of work to be done in that area for me and my family.

#1299715 - 04/22/09 11:30 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Sent.
Another good one.

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#1300999 - 04/23/09 08:38 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tiny]
preachermantom
12 Point

Ten Commandments final comments

Good Thursday morning to each of you! We have covered all 10 commandments so I just want to finish up this morning with a few thoughts and some scripture. So let's get started.

I find the verses immediately following the commandments very interesting.

Exodus 20:18-20

18 Now all the people witnessed the thunderings, the lightning flashes, the sound of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood afar off. 19 Then they said to Moses, “You speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die.”
20 And Moses said to the people, “Do not fear; for God has come to test you, and that His fear may be before you, so that you may not sin.

The people were terrified. From what I see here they thought if God spoke to them they were gonna die. But Moses calmed their fears and told them the commandments were given so they may not sin. As we have found out as we have gone through the commandments we have failed at every single one of these commandments. So God gave them to us so we would not sin but WE HAVE SINNED! This is the whole point in this series of messages. We could not keep the law or the ten commandments. When we don't keep the commandments we deserve punishment. For God is a Holy God and He wants His people to be obedient and follow Him. The punishment that we have chosen, notice I say we have chosen, is eternity in hell. Stop and just think about this for a moment.

I have some good news!!! Even though we have all failed miserably at keeping the commandments, God loves us so much He provided another way to Heaven. A very simple way. God sent His own Son to pay for our sin's on the cross. A free gift. Jesus says in John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Jesus is the only way!!!

Look at Roman's 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." This is that free gift I was talking about....the question is are you going to accept it!

The ten commandments are a great witnessing tool. It is the most effective way I know to reach those who are lost. A person must realize he is lost before he can be found and the commandments show each of us that we are sinners and need a Savior!

I hope you have enjoyed sharing God's word with you in this series. Share it with someone and please feel free to comment I enjoy hearing from you!

God bless and thank you Jesus for saving my soul.

Tom

Jesus Christ

#1301062 - 04/23/09 09:13 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Thanks for taking the time to post these devotionals PMT! Looking forward to the next series. ;\)

#1301283 - 04/23/09 11:26 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
Pam
12 Point

Loc: MEMPHIS

thanks very much for the Devotionals \:\)

#1301906 - 04/23/09 07:26 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Pam]
preachermantom
12 Point

You all are welcome I enjoy doing them.

Jesus Christ

Page 6 of 252 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PEhunter, Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain
13289 Registered Users
Who's Online
8 registered (Daniel n, fourwheeler431, danny1975, cdtac1, Vermin93, Master Chief, 2 invisible) and 67 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13289 Members
42 Forums
85432 Topics
1032281 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.284 seconds in which 0.019 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.