Tndeer Logo

Page 236 of 262 « First<234235236237238>Last »
Topic Options
#3423607 - 10/28/13 09:54 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Family #1 Wives submit!

That title should get some attention! That don't seem to go these days does it? In the next couple days we are gonna look at the family and God's Word and how He expects it to work. So here is today's verse about wives:

Colossians 3:18

18 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.

This verse is not as hard as it sounds. If men love their wives as commanded by God, treat them with respect, and lead them spiritually, most wives will not have a problem with submission. This submission is leadership not dictatorship! Don't miss the last part of the verse "as is fitting in the Lord". This is the key to it all. When we treat our wives in a way that is fitting to the Lord, and we must know our bibles to know what that is, our wives have no problem with submitting to our leadership. In fact most wives desire us to lead but we have dropped the ball so many times over the years that they now either don't expect it, or have had to lead themselves that they don't know what it even looks like for a husband to lead! How sad!

Here are a couple of other verses to think about on this subject:

Ephesians 5:22

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.

Ephesians 5:24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

1 Peter 3:1 Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives

So we see, what God desires for the wife. Ladies are you being faithful to God's Word? Men are you treating your wife like God has called you to do?

Tomorrow we look at the husband!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3427230 - 10/30/13 07:53 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Family #3 Children Obey!

Well we have talked about the wife, the husband, and now it is the childs turn. God's design for children in the life of a family is this:

Colossians 3:20

20 Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.

It seems so simple when we look at it. It is in reality. But our society has allowed the child to run the home. This is not God's plan. We are to love, guide, and yes even discipline our children under God's Word. We have even went as far as saying spankings are bad!!! Not according to God:

Proverbs 13:24

He who spares his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him promptly.

What are we doing?????

Children, we are to obey our parents. Only one exception to this rule and that is is we are told to do something that God's Word says not to do, or God's Word says to do and we are told not to do it. That's it! In everything else we are to obey until we are on our own. Even then it is a good idea to listen closely to what our parents say!

One last thin here, to the parents, you are not their best friend! You have a job to do. That is to raise a well grounded child of God. Of course they have to make the choice to be a follower or not but you are to lay the foundation! Be faithful to God! Many are failing at raising their child as God desires! Later in life you may be the best friend but as you raise them be the parent!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3428825 - 10/31/13 09:18 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Family #4 Parents train children

Well here we are at the final direction of the family in this section of Colossians. Check this verse out:

Colossians 3:21

21 Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.

The dictionary define provoke as this: to anger, enrage, exasperate, or vex. So as Fathers and mothers, we are to train our children in a way that will be encouraging, loving, and caring. But let me say this also, we must be firm. We can not turn from biblical teachings just to tickle the ears of our children. The truth must be told. Sometimes in the truth our children may react in a negative way, love them but do not stray from the truth! Lets look at some other scripture about training our children:

Proverbs 22:6

Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Ephesians 6:4 4

And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.

Proverbs 1:8

My son, hear the instruction of your father, And do not forsake the law of your mother;

Proverbs 3:12

For whom the Lord loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in whom he delights.

Proverbs 4:1

Hear, my children, the instruction of a father, And give attention to know understanding;

Proverbs 6:20

My son, keep your father’s command, And do not forsake the law of your mother.

Proverbs 15:5

A fool despises his father’s instruction, But he who receives correction is prudent.

Proverbs 23:22

Listen to your father who begot you, And do not despise your mother when she is old.

Proverbs 29:15

The rod and rebuke give wisdom, But a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.

Deuteronomy 6:6-9

6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Do you see how important it is to train your children in the Lord. It is of utmost priority because if you don't train them, the world will train them of their way! So let's get busy! One other point, the church has a small part in training your children through Sunday School, and other programs BUT you are the Pastor in your home....do your job! Train your children!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3429019 - 10/31/13 11:03 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
TN Larry
10 Point

Loc: Baxter, Tennessee

Ament PMT! If more parents would follow these instructions, the world would be a whole lot better place. It is hard, but I try my best to raise my kids this way.

#3433954 - 11/03/13 05:00 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: TN Larry]
preachermantom
12 Point

The Lord is good!

I am writing this on Sunday night because I will be out of pocket tomorrow!

Sunday morning at church I looked at the front of my bulletin and it has this verse on it:

Psalm 106:1

Praise the Lord!

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,

for his steadfast love endures forever!

As we are now in the month of November I see many folks telling each day on facebook things they are thankful for. We should be thankful everyday! The number one thing in life we should be thankful for is God! Without Him we would never have been! In the verse above it tells us He is good. That is an understatement! We don't have a word great enough to describe God, He is God after all!

The verse goes on to say God's love endures forever. The love of God surpasses all. His love for each of us is deeper, more sincere, and stronger than any other we will ever have. We need to understand that. We deserve nothing but God gave us everything including the life of His only Son Jesus. That is amazing love.

The word steadfast means: fixed in direction; steadily directed. Gods love is fixed on you! Gods love is steadily directed at you! Don't miss that! Only God can do that to everyone at every second! Oh thank you God, thank you.

So what do we need to do? Praise the Lord! That's the way the verse above starts out. Praise Him all day long, He is worthy!!!!

I am so thankful God loves me and saved me through the blood of His Son Jesus and I will praise Him all the days of my life! Will you?

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3434156 - 11/03/13 06:51 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Amen

#3437060 - 11/05/13 09:18 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Am I blessed?

I think we already know the answer to the question above. No matter what you think you are blessed. All you have to do is look around and you can always find someone who is not as fortunate as you. Go to another country and look around, you are blessed.

What I want you to see this morning though is there is a key to the ultimate blessed life. Here it is:

Psalm 128:1

1 Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in his ways!

Key #1: Fear the Lord! God even breaks it down more for us here:

Proverbs 1:7

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Can God make it any plainer than that for us?

Key #2: Walk in His ways.

Do what God has told you in His Word. He knows what is best for each of us. He loves us and that's why He has given us this instruction book called the bible for life. Here is another verse for that:

Romans 12:1-2

12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Give your entire life to God!

If you are looking for great riches of this world to be your blessing, that is not what I am talking about here. I am talking about needs here. God will meet your needs, not your wants.

I am blessed beyond measure. Thank you God, thank you God. May I surrender every second of everyday to your will for my life.

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3438669 - 11/06/13 07:48 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Be a praying church!

Peter had just been arrested, James had just been killed, both for doing the Lord's Work. Herod was doing the work of the devil by doing these things. So what was the church doing at this time?

Acts 12:5

5 Peter was therefore kept in prison, but constant prayer was offered to God for him by the church.

They were in constant prayer over the situation! What an example for us. We have so much to be in prayer about as the church. Missionaries, Pastors, the sick, the hurting, the lost, those being persecuted and even killed for their faith, and the list goes on. We must be in prayer!

So the church was praying for Peter, look what happens:

Acts 12:6-11

6 And when Herod was about to bring him out, that night Peter was sleeping, bound with two chains between two soldiers; and the guards before the door were keeping the prison. 7 Now behold, an angel of the Lord stood by him, and a light shone in the prison; and he struck Peter on the side and raised him up, saying, “Arise quickly!” And his chains fell off his hands. 8 Then the angel said to him, “Gird yourself and tie on your sandals”; and so he did. And he said to him, “Put on your garment and follow me.” 9 So he went out and followed him, and did not know that what was done by the angel was real, but thought he was seeing a vision. 10 When they were past the first and the second guard posts, they came to the iron gate that leads to the city, which opened to them of its own accord; and they went out and went down one street, and immediately the angel departed from him.

11 And when Peter had come to himself, he said, “Now I know for certain that the Lord has sent His angel, and has delivered me from the hand of Herod and from all the expectation of the Jewish people.”

God answered their prayers. When God's people devote themselves to prayer, He moves in awesome ways! Who knows what would have happened if the church had not been in constant prayer.

Oh my brothers and sisters, God can and will do some amazing things if we will be a people of constant prayer. It all starts will me and you. Be a man or woman of prayer and see God move! He desires to hear from His children!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3439011 - 11/06/13 11:01 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Amen

#3440163 - 11/07/13 08:33 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Step up and do right!

In reading Nehemiah, Israel is rebuilding the wall in Jerusalem, and Nehemiah finds that many Jews are being oppressed by their own brothers(people). So what does Nehemiah do....ignore it or step up and do something?

Nehemiah 5:9

9 So I said, “The thing that you are doing is not good. Ought you not to walk in the fear of our God to prevent the taunts of the nations our enemies?

First, if you go back and read Nehemiah tells them of their wrong doing and then says the above verse. "Walk in the fear of God!" This is the key to it all, we need to do right because we fear God. He loves us like a good father and expects us to treat others right or consequences will come!

The people listen to Nehemiah's words and respond:

Nehemiah 5:12

12 Then they said, “We will restore these and require nothing from them. We will do as you say.” And I called the priests and made them swear to do as they had promised.

This required them to return what they had taken from them...houses, fields, vineyards, orchards and a percentage of money, grain, wine, and oil that they hard extorted from them! They agreed to do so.

Then Nehemiah did this:

Nehemiah 5:13

13 I also shook out the fold of my garment and said, “So may God shake out every man from his house and from his labor who does not keep this promise. So may he be shaken out and emptied.” And all the assembly said “Amen” and praised the Lord. And the people did as they had promised.

In other words, do as you say or God will take care of you!

So Nehemiah took a stand for folks who needed help. Think about it, are you standing in the gap for those who need a hand or a voice? God may be waiting for you to stand up and do something! Do it!

Tom

Jesus Christ

Page 236 of 262 « First<234235236237238>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
9 registered (slagtown_dfa, catman529, old guy, PillsburyDoughboy, Southern Sportsman, TNRifleman, 2 invisible) and 48 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96066 Topics
1124872 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.097 seconds in which 0.032 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.