Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 256 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#1285573 - 04/11/09 08:51 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Thanks.

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#1285670 - 04/11/09 10:52 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tiny]
Boodaddy
14 Point

Loc: Chapel Hill Tn

Matthew 26:31-35
Then Jesus told them, "This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: "'I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.' But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee." Peter replied, "Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will." "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times." But Peter declared, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you." And all the other disciples said the same.
But none did........

Praise You LORD JESUS for Shading Your BLOOD THAT WE MAY HAVE ETERNEL LIFE with You and THE FARTHER.....AMEN

#1287057 - 04/12/09 08:52 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Boodaddy]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Guys and Gals I am headed to Ethridge, Tn to help rebuild a church destroyed in a tornado last Feb. So unless they have internet which I doubt I won't have a devotion until wend.!! Sorry! Pray for us please!

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#1287211 - 04/12/09 09:58 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Sent.

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#1292302 - 04/16/09 09:41 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Ten Commandments #6

Well my friends I am back from the mission field and it was a great trip. There isn't much more of a blessing one can get than serving others. Thanks for the prayers and please pray for me today as I am not feeling the greatest...getting a cold I think!

Now for today's devotion.

This commandment sounds very easy but we may need to dig a little deeper to see we have all broken it!

Exodus 20:13 "You shall not murder."

I can hear many folks right now saying "Finally one I have kept all my life" oh really? Jesus compares murder with anger against our brothers and sisters. Look at this passage:

Matthew 5:21-24

21"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old, `Thou shalt not kill,' and `Whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment.'

22But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, `Raca,' shall be in danger of the council; but whosoever shall say, `Thou fool,' shall be in danger of hell fire.

23Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar and there rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee,

24leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way. First be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Wow how many times in our lives has somebody irritated us to the point that in our hearts we hated them? I know I can think back through the years and come up with many. I hope and pray as we go through our walk with the Lord that we grow and learn not to hate anyone! In our society today as it has been in the past also we have folks who are still prejudice. This is a form of hate and must be dealt with in one's life.

Jesus even goes on to tell us if we have something against a brother that He doesn't want our sacrifices either, He wants us to get our relationships right first...wow!

So as you can see again we are guilty of not following another commandment of the Lord. As first glance we can say I have never murdered but from the mouth of Jesus we have! OUCH!

Thank you Jesus for forgiveness, mercy, and grace! Have a great day in the Lord and chew on this for a while!

God bless...Tom

Jesus Christ

#1292316 - 04/16/09 09:51 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Thanks PMT! It's a hard thing to put aside prideful hate, even strong dislike. See us thru oh Lord I pray. Amen.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#1293435 - 04/17/09 08:52 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

Ten Commandments #7

Good morning to all. It is a beautiful sunny morning here, a great day to praise the Lord.

Today's lesson on his commandment has become normal practice for many in the United States. In all honesty it has become accepted as ok....this makes me and more importantly God sick.

Exodus 20:14 "You shall not commit adultery."

Again God's word is plain and simple. Don't commit adultery!!! God designed sex for marriage. One thing that I see that goes along with this commandment is how our media glorifies adultery. One of the most popular t.v. shows today is Desperate Housewives. This basis for the whole show is adultery and t.v. and movies are filled with this same mentality.

Why as Christians do we watch things like this? If we are watching it we are promoting it in my opinion. I have always heard what we put in our minds will eventually come out.

God's word also takes this adultery thing a little further:

Matthew 5:27-30

27"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old, `Thou shalt not commit adultery.'

28But I say unto you, that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

29And if thy right eye cause thee to fall, pluck it out and cast it from thee; for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

30And if thy right hand cause thee to fall, cut it off and cast it from thee; for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell."

Jesus tells us that even watching and thinking I would like to have her is sin. He goes on to tell us if we have a problem with it we need to go to extreme measures to take care of it.

So if just looking causes Jesus to say these words, going through with adultery should make us stand back and think VERY seriously about this commandment!

Oh and back to the t.v. thing...when you are watching Eva Langoria walking around half naked are you lusting??? This is why we should watch what we watch!

God bless my brothers and sisters!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#1293474 - 04/17/09 09:17 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Boodaddy
14 Point

Loc: Chapel Hill Tn

II Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. (NIV)

#1293515 - 04/17/09 09:59 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Boodaddy]
Easy money
Spike

Loc: Mississippi

Originally Posted By: Boodaddy
II Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. (NIV)

I agree 100% but will use the KJV

(KJV) 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

#1293557 - 04/17/09 10:23 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Easy money]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Thanks again PMT! It's hard these days to find quality wholesome entertainment on the tube/movies, but it can be found. ;\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

Page 4 of 256 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Deadeye14, woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
71 registered (Tn_Va_Hunter, pse2, devo1980, eddie c, UpperTully, WORM82, 10 invisible) and 90 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
89018 Topics
1041298 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.215 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.