Tndeer Logo

Page 252 of 265 « First<250251252253254>Last »
Topic Options
#3670283 - 05/14/14 03:25 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
ferg
Cancer Free
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

Originally Posted By: preachermantom

* care for one another

* love one another

* host one another

* receive one another

* honor one another

* serve one another

* instruct one another

* forgive one another

* motivate one another

* build up one another

* encourage one another

* comfort one another

* pray for one another

* confess sin to one another

* esteem one another

* edify one another

* teach one another

* show kindness to one another

* give to one another

* rejoice with one another

* weep with one another

* hurt with one another

* restore one another

Tom

Sound an awful lot like TNDEER PMT ;\)

or parts of it for sure -

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

#3670831 - 05/15/14 08:35 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: ferg]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Yeah many of them are similar for sure...each of them has a scripture for themselves I just did not list them.

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3670833 - 05/15/14 08:35 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Are you following Jesus? #31

As we the church (followers of Jesus not a building) are following Jesus and sharing life together there is one biblical aspect of out faith that we are neglecting in a big way. This aspect may even shock you as we look at it today because we have some how found ourselves in a place where we say we are not to judge. In spiritual matters this is not the case! So what is this aspect? Church discipline.

Now let me say this before we get in to this subject, church discipline is designed by God to be done out of love and concern for the wayward saint. The purpose is to bring the wayward saint to repentance and then to be restored back into the church. The wayward saint has the choice to obey or be banned from the church. Sounds harsh huh? The goal is to keep the saints of God on the purest walk with God as possible and when the saint is in gross sin we the church are to lovingly bring them back. Let's go to the scriptures to see what it says:

Matthew 18:15-17

15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ 17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.

1 Corinthians 5

Immorality Defiles the Church

5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles—that a man has his father’s wife! 2 And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

6 Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Immorality Must Be Judged

9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

Titus 3:10

10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition,

2 Thessalonians 3:6-15

6 But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow us, for we were not disorderly among you; 8 nor did we eat anyone’s bread free of charge, but worked with labor and toil night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, 9 not because we do not have authority, but to make ourselves an example of how you should follow us.

10 For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. 11 For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies. 12 Now those who are such we command and exhort through our Lord Jesus Christ that they work in quietness and eat their own bread.

13 But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good. 14 And if anyone does not obey our word in this epistle, note that person and do not keep company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet do not count him as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

1 Timothy 5:20

20 Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear.

Romans 16:17-18

17 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them. 18 For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.

Galatians 6:1

6 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.

As you can see from scripture, church discipline is biblical and needed. Why have we forsaken it today? Could it possibly be this is why the church is so ineffective today because it allows gross outright public sin to be done by its members without shame and punishment? I think the answer is obvious!

Again the discipline is to be done in love and for restoration of the wayward saint but if practiced be prepared when sin is pointed out the first reaction generally will be to lash out at the ones coming in the name of the Lord!

Church the Lord gave us His Word for instruction, we have abandon this instruction on church discipline and as a result we are reaping the results of weak churches that have lost its purity and effectiveness as the world looks at us and sees no difference than them!

Stand church....Stand in the Word of God!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3673389 - 05/19/14 08:06 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Are you following Jesus? #32

As we seen in a earlier lesson, followers of Jesus are to be committed to a fellowship of believers. For those that are committed another problem has risen amongst them. A dating mentality of the church. What I mean by this is no meaningful commitment to a church. They go hopping from one church to another based on how they feel from one Sunday to the next or if a few bumps in the road hit. This is not the picture of the church in the new testament! This is the consumer mentality we have grabbed onto all the time looking at self! looking for the best church, to meet my needs! So we end up find something wrong with every church and are constantly moving....remember church is about worship of God, growing in Christ, and loving and serving others! It is not about you!

Look at this statistic: One of the largest denominations in the USA has 16 million members but the average attendance on Sunday is 6 million. Membership doesn't mean much and commitment is lacking big time! The church in the bible is pictured as a body in 1 Corinthians:

* Read carefully to see a picture of true church and commitment:

1 Corinthians 12:12-27

12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.

15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.

Don't miss the word "ONE" in the scripture above. We are to be a part of the church, nothing about jumping around trying to find what is best for me! You are needed where you are at, you are important for serving the church! You have important service to give to the local church. Get in there and be committed to the service of the King!

Also notice how important each member is!!!! When you are missing the whole church suffers! Be a committed member of the church. The church is the body of Christ and when you as a follower of Christ are not here when the church is gathered the body of Jesus has suffered a major hemorrhaging and we all suffer!

Do you see according to God how important you are!

The picture of a committed member of the church is very clear in the bible. Are you a committed follower and member of the church Jesus gave himself for?

Tom

Edited by preachermantom (05/19/14 08:10 AM)

Jesus Christ

#3673416 - 05/19/14 08:35 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Very timely for me Tom. Thank you!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3673430 - 05/19/14 09:00 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Thanks Tom!
#3678221 - 05/27/14 08:02 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Winchester]
preachermantom
12 Point

Are you following Jesus? #33

Sorry for the devotions not being presented for the last week! I had an unexpected trip to Oklahoma come up, a friend's wife had brain surgery the day after I got back, and to top it off my wife and I got a stomach virus! Fun fun! Let's get back to the Word today.

Last time we met we talked about being committed to a church and staying faithful to that body and serving as taught by the bible. What I want us to see as followers of Jesus as we serve and learn in the church we also must submit to leadership in the church as long as they are staying biblical. Look at this passage of scripture:

Hebrews 13:17

17 Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.

When you are in a particular church, the pastor is your care giver. The pastor has a great responsibility in training, teaching, leading, and if needed disciplining the church (you and me)! As the body we can make it easier or tougher on out pastor as the verse above indicates, be a good body part for the joy of your pastor!

Let me just add a side note here: Being a pastor for many years now I have seen the stresses on pastors as they have so much on their plate that should not be there. The body expects the pastor to do all the work of the church, this is not his job. His job is to train you to get your ready to do the work along side of him. Are you doing that? Look at this verse:

Ephesians 4:11-12

11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,

Now as the Pastor is the leader let me be clear that this is not a dictatorship, it is a leadership of love as the pastor leads us closer to Christ in relationship and service. A Pastor must serve as the bible teaches:

Mark 10:44

44 And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all.

All the great pastors I have served under have been a picture of this verse....they give way more than is required! Thank God for all my godly, servant leader pastors! Give praise to God for yours!

Also remember this verse:

Hebrews 13:7

7 Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct.

The pastors I have had have been role models, I want to follow their faith! God has placed them where they are for a reason and I have had no problem submitting to their authority as this what the bible teaches, so we are to follow the Words of God.

One last side note, in a case of a Pastor who is not staying biblical. The bible is clear one in the midst who is deceiving the congregation is to be corrected and if no change removed. Refer to false teachers passages in the bible. Now be very careful you know what your bible says and that you are being correct in your pointing out the wrongs of the Pastor. This is a very touchy place as some will always stay with a Pastor even if he is wrong! Also remember the steps God gives in trying to correct a brother....one on one talk if this does not work, you take two or three witnesses with you for another talk, and if this does not work you bring him before the whole church. I pray you never find yourself in this situation but it does happen.

So...submit to your church leadership and serve beside them! It is your responsibility!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3678996 - 05/28/14 08:58 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Are you following Jesus? #34

Well let's wrap up this study of following Jesus today. What does a church that is following Jesus look like? Well let's state what it is not first:

Not a building, or a program, or a bunch of activities. It is a group of devoted individuals who have surrendered their lives completely to Jesus and thus are serving Him with their lives by loving people, meeting their needs, and sharing the gospel. This is the church. All the church is involved, not just a select few. Is this your church? Is this you?

The world is full of lost sinners on their way to hell...you know who stands in the gap with the only option to save them? Me and YOU! It would be like a doctor with the cure for cancer but never sharing it with anyone....craziness! What are we doing? So where do we begin?

"GO"!!!

The bible doesn't talk about us building a place for people to come to us, it says we are to go to them? All of us are to be doing this.

Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go there and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

The gospel is spread by followers of Christ not just a few preachers but all the church shared the gospel even though they were told time and time again not too! On a daily basis folks came to Jesus. They were abandon for the cause of Christ, it was not a choice, it was a command to obey and spread the gospel. The same applies to us!

The way we share the gospel is in everyday living. At work, at the ball field, at the coffee shop, any where we are we talk about Jesus! Think about it...we talk about everything else under the sun like the weather, your favorite ball team, the news, ect., why are we not talking about the most important man of all time...Jesus??? It don't make sense! Learn to sew into your everyday conversations!

Is there anything in our life that could be more thrilling then leading a lost soul to Jesus??? Redeeming a lost soul from hell? I mean seriously? No way! What an awesome thing to be a part of! And God lets us!

Also remember as a follower we are to be imitators of Jesus at all times. So others will want to imitate us as we imitate Christ! BE a GOOD EXAMPLE! Do not be hypocrites!

1 Thessalonians 1:5-6

5 For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance, as you know what kind of men we were among you for your sake.

6 And you became followers of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit,

1 Corinthians 11:1

Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.

So what are you going to do church as a follower of Jesus? You have the information, you have the time, and God has given you the ability to follow Jesus or to follow the world. Really there is no in between? It is your choice.

Follow Jesus, He is the answer to everything and you will never regret it!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3679045 - 05/28/14 10:21 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Thank you Tom for your dedication to this devotional for us!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3679661 - 05/29/14 08:22 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

YW MUP! Thx for reading and give God the glory I deserve none!

Edited by preachermantom (05/29/14 08:22 AM)

Jesus Christ

Page 252 of 265 « First<250251252253254>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Daniel Willoughby) and 57 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.028 seconds in which 0.023 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.