Tndeer Logo

Page 219 of 252 « First<217218219220221>Last »
Topic Options
#3211198 - 04/02/13 09:11 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

happy Online
Amen!!

#3212080 - 04/03/13 08:28 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Importance of the individual. #3

Continuing in Luke Chapter 15:

Luke 15:11-32
The Parable of the Lost Son

11 Then He said: “A certain man had two sons. 12 And the younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the portion of goods that falls to me.’ So he divided to them his livelihood. 13 And not many days after, the younger son gathered all together, journeyed to a far country, and there wasted his possessions with prodigal living. 14 But when he had spent all, there arose a severe famine in that land, and he began to be in want. 15 Then he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country, and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. 16 And he would gladly have filled his stomach with the pods that the swine ate, and no one gave him anything.

17 “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! 18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, 19 and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants.”’

20 “And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. 21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. 23 And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; 24 for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry.

25 “Now his older son was in the field. And as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 So he called one of the servants and asked what these things meant. 27 And he said to him, ‘Your brother has come, and because he has received him safe and sound, your father has killed the fatted calf.’

28 “But he was angry and would not go in. Therefore his father came out and pleaded with him. 29 So he answered and said to his father, ‘Lo, these many years I have been serving you; I never transgressed your commandment at any time; and yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might make merry with my friends. 30 But as soon as this son of yours came, who has devoured your livelihood with harlots, you killed the fatted calf for him.’

31 “And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours. 32 It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.’”

This parable should make you smile! It tells us how important each of us are to our Heavenly Father. Notice verse 17 where it says "when he came to himself". We all must come to our senses and realize how much we need God! Sadly for many of us we must come to the lowest point in our lives before we figure it out! Have you come to yourself yet?

Next notice verse 20...the father came running to the son and received him with open arms!!!! God is looking for you to come home to Him! His arms are open and He is waiting! Alos notice once again as in the previous devotions, a party is thrown when the lost is found!

Do you see how important you are to God? Each individual is of utmost importance to God. Come home God is waiting!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3213202 - 04/04/13 08:24 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

In all your conduct, be Holy!

God's Word is clear this morning, we are not to separate our lives into different areas. This one part God can have and this part I will run, ect. ALL areas are to be given over to God, therefore all our conduct is to be Holy! Read these verses:

1 Peter 1:13-16

13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is

written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

No where does it say this will be easy. Matter of fact the Word tells us to prepare our minds, be sober, and put your hope fully at the hearing of God's Word! It goes on to tell us to be obedient, don't give into the former lusts or sin when we were ignorant before receiving the power of the Holy Spirit to flee from sin. God tells us as He is holy we are to be holy and don't miss this point...IN ALL OUR CONDUCT! Every area of our life is to be holy not just the ones we think we should give to God....all or nothing!

We have a bunch of folks today who are picking and choosing what they think is right and wrong, God makes that decision and has revealed everything in His Word. Get in it and find out. Majority doesn't rule, God does!

So are you holy this morning? You are if you are washed in the blood of Jesus, so live like it! Praise God!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3214899 - 04/06/13 07:30 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Happy BDay today my friend !!!!

As always, thank you for sharing your devotionals with us on TnDeer and I hope you have the best Birthday ever today!!

#3214972 - 04/06/13 09:39 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Happy birth day PMT!!!!

Μολων λαβε

#3215005 - 04/06/13 10:27 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: in the dog house!]
Cooter
6 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, Tn

Happy Birthday PMT!!! Hope you have a good day!
#3215016 - 04/06/13 10:54 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Cooter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Thx fellas!

Jesus Christ

#3216448 - 04/08/13 08:51 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

So we could look in.

On Easter Sunday we had a joint sunrise service with Pisgah Methodist Church here in J'ville. It was an awesome time to gather with other brothers and sisters in Christ to worship the King. Bro. David Sauer brought the message that morning (and did a great job I might add) and pointed out something I never had thought about and want to share with you this morning. Read theses verses:

John 20:1-9
The Empty Tomb

20 Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. 2 Then she ran and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and said to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”

3 Peter therefore went out, and the other disciple, and were going to the tomb. 4 So they both ran together, and the other disciple outran Peter and came to the tomb first. 5 And he, stooping down and looking in, saw the linen cloths lying there; yet he did not go in. 6 Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; and he saw the linen cloths lying there, 7 and the handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself. 8 Then the other disciple, who came to the tomb first, went in also; and he saw and believed. 9 For as yet they did not know the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead.

In verse 5 we see the disciple looking into the tomb to see Jesus was not there. Now if you are like me I missed a very important point. The rock was rolled away so we could look in to see Jesus gone, not for Jesus to get out! You see Jesus did not need the rock to be moved, as He could have went through the walls with no problem. How can I say that? Read this:

John 20:19-20

19 Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.

Did you catch verse 19 "the doors were shut", Jesus stood in their midst and did not need the doors to be opened! He walked right in! So the rock did not need to be moved as Jesus could have walked right out, but it was moved so we could know Jesus is alive!!!!

How comforting it is to know Jesus is alive and well this morning at the right hand of the Father. Preparing heaven for you and I. One day soon He will return to gather the faithful, are you prepared for His return?

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3217403 - 04/09/13 08:53 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Have the faith of a little girl!

We make our faith very complicated sometimes don't we? I was reading in 2 Kings yesterday and come across the faith of a little girl and reminded me of how simple faith really is if we just have the faith of a child:

2 Kings 5:1-5

1 Now Naaman, commander of the army of the king of Syria, was a great and honorable man in the eyes of his master, because by him the Lord had given victory to Syria. He was also a mighty man of valor, but a leper. 2 And the Syrians had gone out on raids, and had brought back captive a young girl from the land of Israel. She waited on Naaman’s wife. 3 Then she said to her mistress, “If only my master were with the prophet who is in Samaria! For he would heal him of his leprosy.” 4 And Naaman went in and told his master, saying, “Thus and thus said the girl who is from the land of Israel.”

5 Then the king of Syria said, “Go now, and I will send a letter to the king of Israel.”

So he departed and took with him ten talents of silver, six thousand shekels of gold, and ten changes of clothing.
A few things I want us to see here:

1. Naaman was a great man, honorable, a gentile, a commander of the Army of Syria, and the Lord had given victory in battle. Make sure you catch that God used and blessed a gentile here, not an Israelite! God had a plan for us gentiles all along too nit just the Jews!

2. A young girl from Israel had kept her faith even in captivity. She believed in God's power and recommended Naaman to go see Elisha!

3.Naaman must have had some belief or he never would have went to see Elisha or even take request to the King.

So you see our faith can have influence on others. Do you have the faith in your God as this young girl? Are you sharing you faith with others and telling them what your God can do? Oh may we all have a child like faith as said here:

Matthew 18:1-4

18 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3217864 - 04/09/13 06:11 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

happy Online
Thank you Tom for your devotions.

Page 219 of 252 « First<217218219220221>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Fish N Hunt, bowednlazy, ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger
13295 Registered Users
Who's Online
62 registered (Unicam, woodyard, trm, MUP, dralarms, John3, 12 invisible) and 137 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85656 Topics
1035110 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.271 seconds in which 0.049 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.