Tndeer Logo

Page 210 of 262 « First<208209210211212>Last »
Topic Options
#3134169 - 01/22/13 09:23 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Story of forgiveness.

I want you to think for a moment on s situation in life that you been a part of in which you can not forgive the person who wronged you. You got that in mind? Ok, now watch this:

http://youtu.be/wz3tkHv5sbg

Here is also the song forgiveness by Matthew West:

http://youtu.be/FMn0QNdiuGE

Hmmmm anything like this happened to you? Could you forgive someone who killed your daughter? Well there is also a bible story that shows forgiveness. Read this:

Matthew 18:21-35

The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant

21 Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”

22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. 23 Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. 25 But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. 26 The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, ‘Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 27 Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

28 “But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ 29 So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 30 And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. 31 So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. 32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.

35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”

Wow! A couple of things I want to point out here in this bible story.

First, in verse 22, Jesus tells us there is no limit to how many times we are forgive.

Second, 10,000 talents in verse 24, more than a person could pay back in a life times as 1 talent was 20 years salary for an average person of that day! All of us owe this amount to Jesus but He forgave us of our debt by paying it for us!!!! Think on that!

Third, 100 denarii in verse 28 could easily be paid back, as 1 denarii was one days wage! We are like this man who wanted this pay back right now because we do not forgive! This is not pleasing to God, matter of fact it angers Him because He sent His son to die for out sins!.

When we do not forgive it is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. We are thje prisoners because we do not let go like God has commanded us to do. Remember the verses above are from the mouth of Jesus not man and it is representative of God and man.

This made me do some serious soul searching, I pray it does the same for you!

Tom

Edited by preachermantom (01/22/13 09:26 AM)

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3134264 - 01/22/13 10:24 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Wow,thanks!

#3134519 - 01/22/13 01:35 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Very much one I have struggled with...

#3135719 - 01/23/13 08:51 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
preachermantom
12 Point

The importance of God's Word.

One of the things I teach most is the importance of God's Word in a believers life. It is vital to your relationship with God. Yet no matter how much preachers encourage others to read the bible, statistics show a low percentage read their bibles regularly. This just does not make sense to me.

Lets' look at a few scriptures about the Word this morning:

2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

The bible is God's Word, plain and simple. To read it is to learn, to be corrected, to be instructed. The purpose of this training is to become closer to God and then to be equipped to do the work God has for each one of us. To love others and to share the good news of Jesus. If you don't read your bible you can not be fully equipped to do these things.

1 Peter 2:1-3

2 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, 2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

God desires us to put away all evil which we can only do if we know what evil is....the bible tells us. Then like a baby needs milk to survive, we need the Word of God to survive the spiritual battle we are in with the devil. We must grow as believers and can only do that by drinking God's Word daily.

Hebrews 4:12

12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

God's Word is powerful! It cuts us down to the marrow of our bones. The Word gets into our thoughts so we can know when we are doing right and shows us where we are doing wrong so the Holy Spirit can give us the strength to make the changes needed to be like Christ.

Are you making the Word of God a priority in you daily life? If not let the Word speak this morning and make corrections. It is of utmost importance!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3136759 - 01/24/13 12:29 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

PMT,oh how we all forget that you posted an this

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecc 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#3136760 - 01/24/13 12:38 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tiny]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

PMT Speaking for myself it not the reaing thats the problem but the remembering of it,but the Lord give it to you when you need it, just would like an need to remeber it more.talking about being able to get chapte an vs right with haveing to dig,even though the digging shows even more tid bites of what I need.

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#3136932 - 01/24/13 07:39 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tiny]
preachermantom
12 Point

I am with ya Tiny!

Jesus Christ

#3136934 - 01/24/13 07:40 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Lose your soul.

The very first time I heard this song it made an impact on me. Check it out:

http://youtu.be/coHKdhAZ9hU

Have you ever really just taken time to think about losing your soul because of the things of this world? NOTHING is worth losing your soul over but yet each day thousands choose to do that very thing. How sad. Look at what the bible has to say about this:

Matthew 16:24-26

24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Brothers and sisters give your life to Christ today! When we take our last breath I can promise you all the things in this world you will gladly cast at the feet of Jesus for eternal life with Him, but the problem is it will be too late then. Serve and worship Jesus now, it is more rewarding than anything for you were created to do so!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3136978 - 01/24/13 08:13 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Amen!

#3138502 - 01/25/13 08:32 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Are you thirsty? Come to the well!

A young lady (Brittany) sings this song called "Come to the well" at church and it speaks to me in a big way! Check it out here by the original artist Casting Crowns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKioQPEW4do&feature=share&list=SP72CF30729CE49381

So what is it in life you are looking for to satisfy your thirst? Money, sex, drugs, relationships, hobbies, ect? There is only one thing in life that can satisfy our souls deepest desire....Jesus? Check these verses out:

John 4:5-29

New King James Version (NKJV)

5 So He came to a city of Samaria which is called Sychar, near the plot of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. 6 Now Jacob’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied from His journey, sat thus by the well. It was about the sixth hour.

7 A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give Me a drink.” 8 For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.

9 Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.

10 Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”

11 The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water? 12 Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?”

13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”

15 The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.”

16 Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband, and come here.”

17 The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”

Jesus said to her, “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’ 18 for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly.”

19 The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”

21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

25 The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.”

26 Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.”

27 And at this point His disciples came, and they marveled that He talked with a woman; yet no one said, “What do You seek?” or, “Why are You talking with her?”

28 The woman then left her waterpot, went her way into the city, and said to the men, 29 “Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?”

My friend nothing in life will satisfy you like Jesus. Take it from someone who has tried many things to fill this void. God created us with a void that can only be filled by Jesus. Don't waste any more time on the things of the world, come to the well, come to Jesus.

Tom

Jesus Christ

Page 210 of 262 « First<208209210211212>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
24 registered (Andy S., scope eye, kasey, bigluresonly, hunter drew, Rockhound, 2 invisible) and 68 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95796 Topics
1121482 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.062 seconds in which 0.02 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.