Tndeer Logo

Page 8 of 260 « First<678910>Last »
Topic Options
#1315402 - 05/05/09 05:40 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tiny]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
Thanks again PMT. \:\) I pray for our country and our leaders daily.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#1315622 - 05/05/09 07:53 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Return to the Word of God Part 6

Good morning to all. I am about ready to see the sun! Seems as though in our neck of the woods it has been a long time since the sun has shown itself....maybe today is the day!

Yesterday we talked about how King Josiah had been given the Word of God and was overwhelmed by the nations falling away from the Word. Just the same we should also be blown away by our nations falling away from the Word of God.

Here is the thought I want us to think about today. I believe we live in a day where we are more ignorant of the Word of God than ever! Here are a couple of thought provoking but revealing questions we should ask ourselves and others:

1. Do you read your Bible? How often?
2. Do you ever or even rarely see someone outside of church reading or carrying a Bible.
3. Do you study your Bible? We need to dig deep to find what God wants to show us.
4. Have you ever read your Bible from cover to cover?

Think about this....God has given us the guide book for our lives and many of us who call ourselves Christians have never read the Bible from cover to cover. We can come up with all the excuses we want to but none of them will cut it. We watch three hours of T.V. a night on average but we don't read our Bibles. We read hunting magazines, Good Housekeeping, Sports Illustrated, John Grishom books, ect, ect,ect, but we don't have time for the most important words in our life that come straight from God.

Are we seeing a problem here yet? It seems pretty clear to me why this nation of ours is turning away....we don't even know what God wants because we are not in His Word.

2 Timothy 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Pray my friends for a turning back...PRAY!

I love you in the Lord...Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#1315639 - 05/05/09 08:00 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Baxter83
Good ol' Boys
12 Point

Loc: Winchester, TN

Good one PMT! Thanks for that! \:\)
#1315727 - 05/05/09 08:42 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Baxter83]
MUP
Non-Typical

content Online
Guilty. Thanks for the stirring PMT.

#1315825 - 05/05/09 09:37 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
Boodaddy
14 Point

Loc: Chapel Hill Tn

John 4:13-14
Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." (NIV)

#1315863 - 05/05/09 10:15 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Snake
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co.Tennessee U.S.

I may be a new member but not new to the word of God , we all need more understanding of the word and although God uses people he will if your heart is right and if you dilligently seek him the Holy Spirit will help. This commandment about taking the Lord thy God's name in vain is so misunderstood .Some people think that this means saying just G.D. is it, which it is but when you use the name of God you should be either praising him , giving him referance .praying to him , witnessing ,and most of all thanking him. People use his name so frivously ( in vain ) or for no purpose . Keep up the good work and may God bless you !!!

#1316315 - 05/05/09 03:38 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Snake]
preachermantom
12 Point

Thanks for the comments snake and welcome!

Jesus Christ

#1317338 - 05/06/09 08:43 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Return to the Word of God Part 7

In middle Tennessee we woke up to some more rain this morning. We are pretty well full to the brim here with water but we are praising God that we have come back from that 3 year drought we have been in. Thank you Jesus!

On to the devotion.

Yesterday we talked about how ignorant our nation really is these days about the Word of God because we don't read it therefore we don't even know what God expects from us. Today I want to look at something that a few folks have done to our nation while we as Christians have set back and let it happen and now are asking "How can this be?"

Separation of church and state. If one would take the time to go back and study the history of our nation and what our forefathers thought and tried to establish it is very simple to see that they DID NOT mean that our government was not to be under the guidance of God. What they did mean was that our government was not to run the church. My oh my have we allowed this to get way out of hand.

Let me share you a few of the original state charters:

Rhode Island 1683: "We submit ourselves, our lives, our estates unto the Lord Jesus Christ, the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords, and to all those perfect and most absolute laws given in His Holy Word."

Maryland: says it was "formed by a pious zeal to extend the Christian gospel."

Delaware was "formed for the further propagation of the Holy gospel."

Connecticut was there to "preserve the purity of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ."

Wow...when I read these it really makes me think of what our nation was founded on....God's Word. I challenge you this morning to go back and due a little research of the how our nation was set up and by which principles we were to live by and tell me what you find.

You will find we were set up to be a Christian nation but you had the right to worship how ever you wanted if you even wanted. The majority of our nations first leaders made statements that we will crumble without God in our nation and leading out nation. I believe they were prophetic and did not even know it at the time.

Please, please, please do some research yourself....I want you to see it with your own eyes. I believe the evidence is easy to see....look around and see the blessings of past and of now what do you see?

2 Chronicles 7:14 (New King James Version)

14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land

PMT

Edited by preachermantom (05/06/09 08:46 AM)

Jesus Christ

#1317363 - 05/06/09 09:02 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

content Online
You are so much appreciated PMT. Thank you for our daily devotional, it really means a lot!

Here are some interesting historical comments ya'll might enjoy reading.

"It is the duty of every man to render to the Creator such homage and such only as he believes to be acceptable to him. This duty is precedent, both in order of time and in degree of obligation, to the claims of Civil Society."

--James Madison, Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments, 1785

"[R]eligion, or the duty which we owe to our creator, and the manner of discharging it, can be directed only by reason and conviction, not by force or violence; and therefore all men are equally entitled to the free exercise of religion, according to the dictates of conscience; and this is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian forbearance, love, and charity towards each other."

--Virginia Bill of Rights, Article 16, June 12, 1776

"The reformation was preceded by the discovery of America, as if the Almighty graciously meant to open a sanctuary to the persecuted in future years, when home should afford neither friendship nor safety."

--Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776

"There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage."

--John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men, 1776

"Let the pulpit resound with the doctrine and sentiments of religious liberty. Let us hear of the dignity of man's nature, and the noble rank he holds among the works of God... Let it be known that British liberties are not the grants of princes and parliaments."

--John Adams, Dissertation on the Canon and Feudal Law, 1765

"Far from being rivals or enemies, religion and law are twin sisters, friends, and mutual assistants. Indeed, these two sciences run into each other. The divine law, as discovered by reason and the moral sense, forms an essential part of both."

--James Wilson, law lectures at the University of Pennsylvania

Now can anyone deny that our country was founded upon Christian principles and that our forefathers did indeed seek guidance from the almighty God?

#1317392 - 05/06/09 09:13 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
NBF7240
8 Point

Loc: Tn

[quote=God has made it clear we are to have a Sabbath day! I am not here to argue what day of the week but to say we are to have one!! He wants us to worship and rest in Him on that day. We as Christians are as guilty as anyone in disobeying this commandment. Remember the old days when the family would go to church and spend the day together enjoying each others company and even sometimes fellowshiping with the body of Christ at church with eating on the grounds of the church? I even believe we are disobeying God by going out to eat which causes people to work on the Sabbath. [/quote]

Explain how a preacher can preach (which in my limited view is work, because he usually is sweating and wiping his face with his hankey) on "the sabbath". Not trying to create controversy, only understanding

Facebook Collins Farm Beef

Page 8 of 260 « First<678910>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
UTRok16, ljhhunt3, perchjerkin, camohunter3, mtd
13273 Registered Users
Who's Online
119 registered (dmonty, Claims Rep., Mule Puller, Rebel, BamaProud, catman529, 18 invisible) and 138 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13273 Members
42 Forums
93039 Topics
1087152 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.109 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.