Tndeer Logo

Page 244 of 256 « First<242243244245246>Last »
Topic Options
#3576220 - 02/05/14 08:27 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Have you been outwitted by Satan?

Now that is an interesting question isn't it? I am sure we all have been at times but as we grow in Christ we should not be falling to his schemes near as often as when we were not in Christ or even when we first gave our lives to Jesus.

In the following verse Paul is referring to holding grudges and not forgiving and this is his response:

2 Corinthians 2:11

11 so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs.

You see the devil is very crafty and if he can get us to thinking things like....they don't deserve forgiveness or I will always hold this against them. He has won if we allow this! We must not be outwitted by Satan! God's Word triumphs all and we must always remember that and apply it. In this situation God says:

Matthew 6:14

14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,

No wiggle room there, it is clear...we have been forgiven so we must forgive!!!

There are a million other ways Satan will try to outwit us so be on your toes and in the Word to combat his crafty ways!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3577301 - 02/06/14 07:41 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

My Confidence is in God!

Great verses to remember this morning:

2 Corinthians 3:4-5

4 Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God,

This scripture is referring to the sharing of God's Word. Most of us seem to be afraid to speak to others about the bible and what it says. If we are holding back it is because we are relying on self instead of God. God gives us everything we need....power, courage, strength, boldness, and love to share His Word through the Holy Spirit. On our own strength we can't and won't do it but in the Holy Spirit we can if we allow Him to work through us.

God has put us in our current situations for a few reasons. First and foremost to worship Him and bring Him glory. Second, to share His Word and bring others to a saving relationship with Him for His glory. Third, to love others as we love ourselves so they can see Jesus through us to bring God glory! You are right where God wants you at this moment, are you taking care of the responsibilities He has given you charge over???

No excuses if you are a follower of Jesus because we have all we need to accomplish His work!!! Let's use the Holy Spirit and get busy after all it is a matter of eternity in heaven or hell.

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3577336 - 02/06/14 08:24 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Amen!

#3578569 - 02/07/14 08:03 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
preachermantom
12 Point

We proclaim Jesus!

This is very simple this morning. Check this verse out:

2 Corinthians 4:5

5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.

There is only one thing in our lives worth proclaiming.....Jesus Christ. Think about that for a moment. You may have a great wife (I know I do) or husband, great children, fantastic grandchildren, or even awesome friends, but when it gets right down to it the only ONE worthy to proclaim is Jesus. Now their is nothing wrong with being proud of your children or what have you but our focus needs to be on Jesus for He is the ONE who paid the price on the cross for our sins! That is right our sin, my sin, not His.

We have nothing in ourselves to proclaim, Jesus is Lord is what needs to be shouted from the roof tops! His servants for the sake of a lost and damned world need to be talking about Jesus not the weather or sports or Days of our Lives, but Jesus the Savior of the world!

Are you a servant of Jesus? Are you proclaiming Jesus? IF not you are not doing as the King has commanded! "GO!" Jesus says! Make disciples by proclaiming Jesus!

Lets get our priorities in order and proclaim the only ONE who is worthy....Jesus!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3582113 - 02/10/14 07:54 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Is your foundation sure?

My Pastor preached out of Isaiah chapter 28 yesterday and this verse stuck in my mind, so I wanted to share it with you this morning:

Isaiah 28:16

16 therefore thus says the Lord God,“Behold, I am the one who has laid as a foundation in Zion, a stone, a tested stone,a precious cornerstone, of a sure foundation: ‘Whoever believes will not be in haste.’

Many, many years before Jesus was even born the prophet Isaiah spoke these important words and it begs us to ask the obvious question, is your foundation in life sure? Is is very simple to answer, either your foundation is built upon the rock Jesus Christ or it is built on something else which is sand! Jesus himself spoke about this:

Matthew 7:24-27

24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

Can Jesus make it any clearer for us than that? I am so thankful that I put my trust upon the rock, Jesus Christ, whom God said in Isaiah is tested, precious, and sure!!! And whoever believes will not be in haste! I will add to that and say will be in peace knowing that Jesus has taken care of everything for us! Oh what a Cornerstone we have! Nothing and I mean nothing compares to HIM!

Here is another verse found in 1 Peter:

1 Peter 2:4-6

4 As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, 5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For it stands in Scripture:

“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious,and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”

The world may reject Jesus, they may reject us, but we won't be ashamed of our Cornerstone and we will be victorious in the end!!! Stand strong my brothers and sisters and spread the love of Jesus to others for our foundation is the ONLY SURE thing!!!!!

God bless!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3582300 - 02/10/14 10:47 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Thanks Tom, very uplifting today, and I surely need it!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3584662 - 02/12/14 08:57 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

Renewed day by day.

I have said this before and I will say it again, I don't know how anybody makes it through a day with out Jesus. Everyday the good and the bad comes and I need Jesus to get through the day. I am so thankful I have a God who loves me enough to be with me every second of everyday! The scripture below is just a reminder of how good God is and of things to come!

2 Corinthians 4:16-17

16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,

First, we see don't lose heart! Keep fighting the battle for God. Share Jesus and love others! We are here to worship God and serve others, are you doing that?

Second, we are told we are dying. I hope that is not new information to you. This old body of ours is being taken down by sin.

Third, but we have good news! While the body might be falling away, nothing can touch our Spirits that are in Christ as we are renewed day by day! This also should remind us of the importance of being in God's Word daily and spending time in prayer along with being in fellowship with other believers. You can't have total renewedness with out these things!

Fourth, we are reminded that what we face on this side of eternity is just a short time and what we have ahead of us for eternity in heaven has no comparison here on earth! That should get you excited if you are a follower of Jesus!!!

Are you renewed by the shed blood of Christ? Are you struggling to get through life day to day? Give it to Jesus. We got a fight on our hands on this side of heaven, but greater days are ahead! Thank you Jesus!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3584663 - 02/12/14 08:57 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

God is good at that Mup! I need it too!

Jesus Christ

#3584671 - 02/12/14 09:04 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

If the gospel is veiled.....

As we know as followers of Jesus one of our main purposes in life is the share the good news of Jesus (gospel) with others. Sometimes folks will receive the good news with joy and other times the good news will be rejected. We are told the reason why the rejection will happen here:

2 Corinthians 4:3-4

3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

The reason folks will reject Jesus is because the have been blinded by Satan! First, you need to thank God that you were able to see the light yourself! Then we need to see the importance of continuing to share the good news of Jesus in the hope that the blind will see the light!!!! That great light is Jesus!

Folks this is a matter of an eternity in heaven or hell. It is of utmost importance!!! The devil is crafty but we have God on our side. Everyone can break through the veil but sometimes it will take a great deal of love and patience! Don't give up!

The veil may be over the eyes of many but our God tore the temple veil from top to bottom so we can have direct access to Him and He can remove the veil of the blind here on this earth of ours but we must be busy about HIS business!!! Are you?

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3585853 - 02/13/14 07:57 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

All believers will appear before the judgement seat of Christ!

This verse should make a believer do some very serious thinking about how they are living their lives:

2 Corinthians 5:10

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

Now the way I interpret this scripture from my studies this verse is talking to believers. If you look at the verses before this verse it is referring to believers. So this verse is telling us all believers will appear before Jesus for judgement. Now this judgement will not be for heaven or hell because if you are a follower of Christ you have already settled that when you made Jesus Lord and Savior of your life. This judgement will be for rewards when you enter the kingdom of heaven. Some will receive much and more responsibility in heaven because of their faithfulness and service here on earth. Others will be in the middle and then others will receive little and have little responsibility in heaven because they were not very faithful and did little to serve Jesus here on the earth. Wow think about that!

We should want to be a faithful servant because Christ says so but when we realize there is more on the line maybe it will wake us up to know we need to be busy about the Lord's work NOW!

Just for information sake here is the verse that tells us all will appear before God for judgement to give account of ourselves and the main issue here will be did you call upon Jesus to be your Savior!

Romans 14:10-12

10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; 11 for it is written,

“As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”

12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Many refer to judgment of saints as "bema seat of Christ judgement" and the judgement of man as "the white throne judgement".

So are you ready to be judged?

Tom

Jesus Christ

Page 244 of 256 « First<242243244245246>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
108 registered (chrmayo, Thicketmaster, JoeVaquero, TripleE, Vermin93, buckslayerr, 12 invisible) and 145 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89170 Topics
1042803 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.248 seconds in which 0.037 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.