Tndeer Logo

Page 243 of 264 « First<241242243244245>Last »
Topic Options
#3562746 - 01/27/14 07:53 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Godly example

Our church had a celebration this weekend. Our Pastor Mark Warren's mother Clarice Warren passed away. So we celebrated her life. What a godly example she was to so many. The funeral home was packed. What stood out to me was the many stories of how she shared the gospel. When new folks moved in the neighborhood she would go over to their house and share Jesus with them! When is the last time you done that? I heard two stories from folks who came in to give their sympathies to the family that they would not know Jesus if it had not been for Clarice! Wow! What a testimony to this godly woman. Her current Pastor shared about how he comes into church on Sunday morning and Clarice will be at the altar praying for her pastor, her son as he pastors, and pastors all over the world as they share God's word. She was known as a prayer warrior meaning she spent lots of time praying for others.

So I say all that to say this, what kind of legacy are you leaving behind. Some day all of us will meet death unless Jesus comes first. What will people have to say about you? Are you a prayer warrior? Have you shared the gospel to others so they can have eternal life in heaven? Do you have a love for people like Clarice? Here are a couple of scriptures to think about:

Hebrews 13:7

Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith.

3 John 1:11 Beloved, do not imitate evil but imitate good. Whoever does good is from God; whoever does evil has not seen God.

1 John 4:8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.1 Thessalonians 5:17 pray without ceasing

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

All these remind me of Clarice and I pray at the end of our lives the same things can be said about us!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3562749 - 01/27/14 07:56 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Thanks

#3564388 - 01/28/14 08:14 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

How do you come to God?

These verses made me do some thinking this morning, I hope they do the same for you:

Luke 18:10-14

10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

So when you come to God each day, how do you come to Him? Are we like the Pharisee who thinks he has everything in order? Or are we like the tax collector who comes knowing he is a sinner who is in need of God's grace and mercy?

Now I know that when we have given our lives to Jesus we can come to God with boldness and love like a child to a father but we also need to have a heart that is reminded often of who we are coming to....God. The One who deserves to pour out His wrath upon us but because of His love, He sent His Son Jesus to take the wrath for us and shed His blood upon that cross for our sins!

Humbleness is a often mentioned word in the bible. God desires His servants to be humble before Him. He despises pride. We have nothing to be prideful about in our lives because it all comes from God not us! Look at these verses:

Psalm 25:9 He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way.

Psalm 147:6 The Lord lifts up the humble; he casts the wicked to the ground.

Proverbs 11:2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.

Matthew 18:4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 23:12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

James 4:6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

James 4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,Wow!

So once again I ask how are you coming to God and how are you living your life? Are you proud or are you humble?

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3566100 - 01/29/14 08:12 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Ultimate victory is coming!

This day is coming soon....are you ready?

1 Corinthians 15:53-57

53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. 54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:

“Death is swallowed up in victory.”55 “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

At the resurrection of the saints when Jesus comes to take us home we will shed our perishable bodies and put on our immortal bodies. I sure am looking forward to that day....how about you? The older I get the more I look forward to it as this body bears the marks of a sin.

We seem to think death is a bad thing but if you are a follower of Jesus Christ it is victory! Death has no hold on us because Jesus conquered death 2000 years ago for believers!!! However if you are not a follower of Jesus then death is a horrible thing. As you will spend eternity in hell. Hell will not be a party as so many seem to think, it will be an eternity away from God, loneliness, pain, and suffering. It will never end, all because you rejected Jesus the son of God. Don't make that mistake. Give your life to Jesus today!

Oh my Lord come quickly and may we serve you daily to reach out to the lost. We look forward to spending eternity in heaven with you! That new body will just be a bonus!!!!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3567741 - 01/30/14 08:33 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Always working for the Lord!

Here is a profitable verse for us this morning:

1 Corinthians 15:58

58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

4 things to catch here:

1. Be steadfast: which means in a fixed direction. So we need to be moving closer and closer to Jesus and His teachings. Are you steadfast?

2. Immovable: which means you can't be moved from what you believe. No one can move your faith in Jesus Christ and the importance of the gospel. Are you immovable?

3. Always abounding in the work of the Lord: which means you are doing the Lords work in great quantity. Jesus commanded us to go and make disciples, are you? A command not an option.

4. Knowing your work in the Lord in not in vain: which means everything you do for the Lord counts!!! It is of great value. More value you than gold or silver! It lasts for eternity. Are you doing a great work for the Lord?

I pray this morning we are doing all 4 of these to the glory of our Father in heaven. If you are a follower of Jesus these are not options but teachings we are to follow.

Keep the faith and keep working for the Lord!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3569234 - 01/31/14 07:40 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Seal of approval! Do you got it?

So many times I have seen in life where folks are look for approval from others. As I have grown older I have learned when it gets down to it there is only ONE whose approval we need.....Gods! You see when death comes we won't be looking our friends, boss, co-workers, family or anyone else in the face for their approval but we will stand before God for His approval....think on that today! So how do we get God's approval? Check these verses out:

2 Corinthians 1:21-22

21 And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, 22 and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

We get our approval through Jesus Christ. So really it is by nothing we have done but all what Jesus did on that old rugged cross. Dying for our sins....wow. It is that simple. Once we receive that free gift then we live the rest of our lives for Him, that is proof that we have made Him Lord of our life. Not only does God approve of us because of Jesus's blood covering us but He also puts a seal on us. That seal ensures that nothing can take away His approval of us for eternity. Now we can still sin but we will know it and be convicted by the Holy Spirit and repent of it. Once we are sealed we are sealed for good!! Praise God! Jesus died for all our sins, past, present, and future! DO NOT take advantage of God's grace and think well I guess I can do what ever I want then and sin willingly. That is a a clear sign you were never saved to begin with for the saint desires not to sin and does all he can to avoid it!

I love the ending to this verse "and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee"! Oh brothers and sisters that should bring joy to your heart this morning. God has given the saints the Holy Spirit to dwell in their hearts as a guarantee of being sealed in Jesus Christ! Whooooo hooooo! Thank you God! When you give your life to Jesus you immediately receive the Holy Spirit and that guarantee!

So are you sealed this morning? Do you have God's approval? You can just call on Jesus this morning! Who cares about the worlds approval for in the end it will mean nothing!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3569356 - 01/31/14 09:11 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Amen

#3573429 - 02/03/14 08:05 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
preachermantom
12 Point

The big game is over!

Millions and millions of dollars spent on a football game. Millions and millions gathered around television sets to watch the game and the commercials. What will all this mean when our end on this earth comes???? Wasted time and money unless you used it as an opportunity to witness for Jesus. Think about it!

Many years ago the Lord convicted me about my obsession with Michigan football. I would get all geared up for the game, talk a bunch of smack, and if they won it was a great day for me! But if they lost it would literally ruin my whole day. I would be in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Well God got a hold of me about that. Basically He told me football or any other sport or hobby is useless compared to Him and I had better get my priorities in order. I did!

I watched the game yesterday and agitated many of my friends about Peyton Manning but I really could care less who won although I was pulling for the Seahawks lol! As I watched I just thought how much better all the money being spent could have been used for those who are in need or maybe even the debt our country is in! I also was thinking what if all those who claim to be Christians were using the time to win people to Jesus or to have a bible study to draw closer to the Lord. So many went home disappointed with game last night but if they had Jesus they would have went home rejoicing over salvation!

Think about these verses today:

Romans 12:1-2

12 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

What was God's will for us yesterday? To glorify and worship Him.

What is God's will for us today? To glorify and worship Him.

Are we doing that in all we do? He doesn't want part of us, He wants all of us! He hates lukewarmness! Makes Him want to vomit.

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3574710 - 02/04/14 07:51 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Do not rely on self!

How many times do we try to take care of things ourselves to come to conclusion that we can not do it so we have to turn it over to God. I have done this to many times to count. Many challenges come in life and Paul was all to aware of this because it seemed as he faced them all even death! Here is what he discovered:

2 Corinthians 1:9

9 Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead.

It all comes down to a simple conclusion, if God can raise the dead then God can handle any problem we face including looking death in the eyes! We have no power ourselves but we have a God who has given us the Holy Spirit to dwell in us that has all the power to deal with all situations both good and bad!

So why would we even try to handle anything without God? It doesn't make a bit of sense! So this morning when that headache in this day comes a knocking, give it to God! He can take care of it! Thank you Jesus!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3574741 - 02/04/14 08:23 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Thank you Tom, I do this all too often.

Page 243 of 264 « First<241242243244245>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
KevinTN, gthorne, bwoodard12, front hillside, DeerBomber
13540 Registered Users
Who's Online
130 registered (farmlegend, 762hunter, ruger7mag, flippinstick, Don'tDrinkTinks, donkey5150, 12 invisible) and 198 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13540 Members
42 Forums
99187 Topics
1166477 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.098 seconds in which 0.03 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.