Tndeer Logo

Page 242 of 256 « First<240241242243244>Last »
Topic Options
#3547186 - 01/15/14 07:57 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Most Dangerous words in the bible.

These perhaps are the most dangerous words of the bible:

Genesis 3:1

3 Now the serpent was the most cunning of all the wild animals that the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You can’t eat from any tree in the garden’?”

"Did God really say"? These words of the devil himself brought about sin which brought separation between man and God. Those same words are still used by the devil and sadly people are still questioning God's Word. Here are a few examples:

Did God really say Jesus is the only way to heaven?

Did God really say believers should not forsake assembling together?

Did God really say homosexuality is sin?

Did God say we have to forgive others? Even our enemies.

Did God say we are to give our stuff away and help others?

Did God say what He has brought together in marriage not to separate?

Did God really say as a believer I am to share Jesus and make disciples?

Did God really say I am to serve in the church?

The list can go on and on. The sad part of this is everything above God did say but many believers and non-believers choose to ignore it and not obey. It is a very dangerous thing not to obey our God.

As the bible says, the devil is crafty. If he can get you to question God or just ignore God, he is a happy camper. Folks don't get caught in his trap. God's Word is just that HIS Word...learn it, don't question it, and obey it for He knows best!

Think about this today!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3548627 - 01/16/14 07:58 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Live life as you are assigned.

I am a firm believer that God is in control of our lives even when we don't think so. He can allow things to happen to us both good and bad. God blesses us with the good and will allow bad things to happen to us many times to get our attention back where it belongs....on Him! With that said read this verse:

1 Corinthians 7:17

17 Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him. This is my rule in all the churches.

God gives you the parents you have, the family you have, the friends you have, the school you go to, the church you go to, your decision to follow Him, the person you will marry, the job you will have and the list goes on and on. One of they keys to all this is to be in prayer to be on the same page with God. For example God has just the right person in mind for you to marry (if you are to marry). But you can get ahead of God and decide that somebody else is whom you need to marry and thus that marriage will not be all it is supposed to be.

You see God is in control. He knows whats best for us and has a plan for each persons life so it can be lived to the fullest. Of course the first piece of that plan is to become a follower of Jesus. Until that's done the life God has for you can not really begin. After you have given your life to Christ, God expects a life of obedience in all areas of life. So everything we do should be taken before the Lord and we should receive answers before we make decisions. This is how we live a life that God has assigned to us. Too many times though we want to play God with our own lives and when things don't go right we want to blame God. This is our fault not His! Many times what God wants us to do is written in His Word. He has already given us answers to many of the things in life there. The problem there is many don't know what their bible says so how can they obey that?

My friends the ultimate life is to live by God's plan not ours. Peace and joy do not come by our own will but by the will of God. Until we learn this, life can not be lived to he fullest! Remember these words:

Matthew 6:33

33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Let God run your life, things are much better that way!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3548699 - 01/16/14 08:42 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
Amen!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3548812 - 01/16/14 10:03 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Amen!!

#3555045 - 01/21/14 07:53 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Woe is me.

This is a place we all must get to in life to eventually end up right with God:

Isaiah 6:5

5 And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”

Isaiah came to the conclusion in life, he was lost. Every person must come to this conclusion to then get right before a holy God. When we realize who God is.....holy, righteous, King, Lord, and perfect, then we can realize who we are unholy, unrighteous, bad, evil, sinners. Woe is me!!! We also can look around just like Isaiah and see we live among people who are just like us! They must also realize who they are before God.

Have you come to the place in life where you can say Woe is me? Take a look at who God is and it won't take you long to get to that place! Tomorrow we will see a what happened to Isaiah to get right with God!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3556538 - 01/22/14 07:32 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Your sin atoned for.

Yesterday we seen through Isaiah our woe in life. We are lost without God and deep in sin. Today I want us to see what God did for Isaiah:

Isaiah 6:6-7

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.”

God atoned for the sin of Isaiah! This is a picture of what Jesus has done for us. we realize as we seen yesterday we are sinners, we repent of that sin (which means turning away from sin), and then we accept Jesus Christ as Lord of our lives because he has paid the price for sins! I love what is says above as it also is true for us..."your guilt is taken away"! Being a sinner and knowing Jesus had to die on that cross for my sins makes me feel terribly guilty but God's Word says the guilt is taken away. The only one who makes you feel guily after you have given your life to Jesus is the devil...so don't let him do that! You are free!!!!

God is so good to us. Count your blessings and give God the glory! Tomorrow we will see what Isaiah did after being freed from sin which is an example of what we are to do too!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3556682 - 01/22/14 08:49 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
Thank you Jesus!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3556801 - 01/22/14 10:01 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: MUP
Thank you Jesus!

Amen!

#3557910 - 01/23/14 08:33 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
preachermantom
12 Point

Here I am!

Alright, so the last two days we have looked at Isaiah and his realization that he is a lost as he declared that in a woe. Then we seen that God atoned for his sin. Now today we want to look at what Isaiah did after his sin was atoned for:

Isaiah 6:8

8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”

God said I need servants. Who will go serve Me? Isaiah had just been saved and immediately volunteered! He shouted "here I am!". I am right here Lord and willing. "Send me"!!! I want to go. Can you detect the enthusiasm? I sure can. This is an example for all of us. Once we get right with God through Jesus, we immediately need to start serving God. The number one thing God wants us to do is share His love and His Son with others. Are you doing that. God desires that all come to repentance and faith in Jesus:

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

I want you to notice one other thing here...did you catch "who will go for us"? The us here is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We need all three to do God's Work, and you get all three when you follow Jesus as Lord!!

Are you ready to serve God? Have you said send me? If you love God this should be a given! Go love and tell people about Jesus!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3559266 - 01/24/14 10:26 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Are you a servant to all?

Short and sweet today. Read this verse:

1 Corinthians 9:19

19 For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them.

In the fist part of this verse Paul is saying he has taken care of himself in the ministry although he teaches the church has an obligation to take care of the ministers of the gospel. When He says free from all he is bascially saying he don't owe anybody anything.

In the middle part of the verse Paul is telling us he is a servant to all people...Jews and gentiles. This is a clear teaching for each of us to serve all people...rich or poor, imprisoned or free, white, black, yellow or brown, no matter their religion. We are to serve others!

In the last part of the verse Paul tells us why we serve, to win more to Jesus! Folks that is our main responsibility as a follower of Jesus Christ. It is not even an option....Jesus said GO! Make disciples of all nations!

Are you doing this? No excuses! Be a servant to all to win folks to Jesus and keep them from an eternity in hell. God loves each person and has provided salvation to all!

Tom

Jesus Christ

Page 242 of 256 « First<240241242243244>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
85 registered (Brisco Darlin, Lincoln Co Archer, MUP, encore06, catman529, Bucket, 7 invisible) and 129 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89246 Topics
1043830 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.277 seconds in which 0.047 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.