Tndeer Logo

Page 240 of 252 « First<238239240241242>Last »
Topic Options
#3463904 - 11/21/13 09:25 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Excited and loud about God!

My wife leads worship at our church. I preach occasionally at church. We both have said when we look out at the congregation we sometimes wonder if we are at a funeral or at church worshiping the risen Savior!!! We should have great joy in worship. Singing and shouting for our King has done great things!

Below is how Israel celebrated when they were dedicating the wall they had just built around Jerusalem:

Nehemiah 12:43

43 And they offered great sacrifices that day and rejoiced, for God had made them rejoice with great joy; the women and children also rejoiced. And the joy of Jerusalem was heard far away.

Do you have joy in worshiping God? Can others tell? Now I don't want it to be a show, but there is nothing wrong with praise and worship being heard and seen! Think about a ball game. Is it hard to tell what team you are rooting for? No! In church sometimes it is hard to tell what team we are on! This should not be! Our God has done so much for us let Him hear our praises!!

Psalm 30:4

4 Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name.

Psalm 33:2

2 Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre;

make melody to him with the harp of ten strings!

So this week at church let it go for the Lord! Who cares what others think, you don't seem to care at the ballgame!!! Praise and worship with all you got! And as they did in Jerusalem, let your joy be heard far away!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3465618 - 11/22/13 08:21 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Are we willing to die for Jesus?

Here we see folks trying to stop Paul from going to Jerusalem for fear he will be imprisoned, hurt, or even killed for preaching Jesus:

Acts 21:12-14

12 Now when we heard these things, both we and those from that place pleaded with him not to go up to Jerusalem. 13 Then Paul answered, “What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”

14 So when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, “The will of the Lord be done.”

Paul gave his life to Christ when he accepted Him as Lord of His life. Paul was bought by Christ and we are too if we have Jesus as Lord and Savior:

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

As this verse says, we are not our own, we belong to Jesus. When Jesus says this:

Luke 9:23

Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and takeup his cross daily, and follow Me.

Jesus is saying it is not our will to be done but His even to the point of death. So many over the years have given their lives for Christ. Many at this moment are living in places telling about Jesus whom if discovered will be killed. This is the kind of mindset Paul had and Jesus expects all of His followers to have. Now most of us will never have to give our life for Jesus, but we have people we need to share Jesus with that we are scared to do so. It really is no option. It is a matter of eternity in heaven or hell for that individual! Always keep that in mind. If they reject the gospel so be it, you did you job!

So are you willing to die for Jesus? Are you willing to die to self to tell the most important news this world has to offer? I pray if you are a disciple of Christ you are willing!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3469131 - 11/25/13 08:53 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

In all circumstances???

This is a very simple but yet very important verse of the bible!

1 Thessalonians 5:18

18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

I heard Pastor Mutter from our local First United Methodist Church make a very good point yesterday about this verse at our community Thanksgiving service. He said it says give thanks "in" all circumstances and "for" all circumstances. When things are going badly we are to give thanks because God is with us in those circumstances if you are a believer in Christ Jesus. God does not give bad things so we don't thank him for the bad circumstance.

Matthew 7:9-11

9 Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

Romans 8:28

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

James 1:13

Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one.

Now let me clarify here that we reap consequences of our sins. So when bad things come it isn't like we don't deserve them for we have sinned. God could stop them, but we reap what we sow sometimes!

Of course it is easy to give thanks when things are going well but let us not get to the point when we take it for granted!

So are you giving thanks in all circumstances? You should because our God is in control!

Tom

Edited by preachermantom (11/25/13 08:54 AM)

Jesus Christ

#3469144 - 11/25/13 09:00 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Thanks Tom!!

#3470928 - 11/26/13 08:18 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Brag on God!

Psalm 44:8

8 In God we have boasted continually, and we will give thanks to your name forever.

Short and simple today as the verse pretty well says it all. Do you brag on God? Not just every once in a while but continuously? He deserves it! When we brag on God it reminds us how great He really is thus we will give thanks for all He is and all He does. We are so unworthy but He is so worthy!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3471240 - 11/26/13 11:11 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Tom L
Spike

Loc: Powell, Tn

Amen! Tom. God is good all the time way way to good to me. He who made all things has made a way for me. His name is Jesus Christ. He is the only way He is my way to God the Father, peace, life and real love.

Tom

Edited by Tom L (11/26/13 11:12 AM)

#3472666 - 11/27/13 08:08 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tom L]
preachermantom
12 Point

Thanks for reading Tom and comment anytime!

Jesus Christ

#3472667 - 11/27/13 08:08 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

With my whole heart!

God doesn't deserve just a passing thanks, He deserves thanks with everything we got!

Psalm 9:1

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.

Just take time over the next few days and think about all the wonderful deeds God has done for you, for others, in the past, present, and future. It is mind boggling when you take the time to think about it. Then praise and thank Him with all you got!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3472753 - 11/27/13 08:57 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Amen!

#3473062 - 11/27/13 02:03 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
Cooter
6 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, Tn

Amen, Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Page 240 of 252 « First<238239240241242>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PEhunter, Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain
13289 Registered Users
Who's Online
61 registered (Crazyeye, Vermin93, fourwheeler431, Poser, Pine Ridge, TNRazorback, 9 invisible) and 112 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13289 Members
42 Forums
85389 Topics
1031783 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.271 seconds in which 0.031 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.