Tndeer Logo

Page 238 of 264 « First<236237238239240>Last »
Topic Options
#3469131 - 11/25/13 08:53 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

In all circumstances???

This is a very simple but yet very important verse of the bible!

1 Thessalonians 5:18

18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

I heard Pastor Mutter from our local First United Methodist Church make a very good point yesterday about this verse at our community Thanksgiving service. He said it says give thanks "in" all circumstances and "for" all circumstances. When things are going badly we are to give thanks because God is with us in those circumstances if you are a believer in Christ Jesus. God does not give bad things so we don't thank him for the bad circumstance.

Matthew 7:9-11

9 Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

Romans 8:28

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

James 1:13

Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one.

Now let me clarify here that we reap consequences of our sins. So when bad things come it isn't like we don't deserve them for we have sinned. God could stop them, but we reap what we sow sometimes!

Of course it is easy to give thanks when things are going well but let us not get to the point when we take it for granted!

So are you giving thanks in all circumstances? You should because our God is in control!

Tom

Edited by preachermantom (11/25/13 08:54 AM)

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3469144 - 11/25/13 09:00 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Thanks Tom!!

#3470928 - 11/26/13 08:18 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Brag on God!

Psalm 44:8

8 In God we have boasted continually, and we will give thanks to your name forever.

Short and simple today as the verse pretty well says it all. Do you brag on God? Not just every once in a while but continuously? He deserves it! When we brag on God it reminds us how great He really is thus we will give thanks for all He is and all He does. We are so unworthy but He is so worthy!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3471240 - 11/26/13 11:11 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Tom L
Spike

Loc: Powell, Tn

content Online
Amen! Tom. God is good all the time way way to good to me. He who made all things has made a way for me. His name is Jesus Christ. He is the only way He is my way to God the Father, peace, life and real love.

Tom

Edited by Tom L (11/26/13 11:12 AM)

#3472666 - 11/27/13 08:08 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tom L]
preachermantom
12 Point

Thanks for reading Tom and comment anytime!

Jesus Christ

#3472667 - 11/27/13 08:08 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

With my whole heart!

God doesn't deserve just a passing thanks, He deserves thanks with everything we got!

Psalm 9:1

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.

Just take time over the next few days and think about all the wonderful deeds God has done for you, for others, in the past, present, and future. It is mind boggling when you take the time to think about it. Then praise and thank Him with all you got!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3472753 - 11/27/13 08:57 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Amen!

#3473062 - 11/27/13 02:03 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
Cooter
8 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, Tn

Amen, Happy Thanksgiving to you!
#3479777 - 12/02/13 07:54 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Cooter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Worship together

Did you take time to go to church yesterday? God expects you too.

Leviticus 23:3

The Sabbath

3 “Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation. You shall do no work. It is a Sabbath to the Lord in all your dwelling places.

Hebrews 10:25

25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

From the old testament to the new, God has always had the design for believers to come together to worship and praise Him. Anyone who says they do not need the church does not know their bible and the teachings of Christ. He established the church and died for the church. The church is not the building but the people who have trusted in Jesus as Lord and Savior.

God has given us seven days in a week, and He expects us to take one to rest and worship Him with other believers. It is very clear in the Word. So are you? Are you teaching your kids this important teaching in the Word of God? If not start today!

God even set the standard for us in the very beginning:

Genesis 2:2

And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

No excuses! Get to church and worship with other believers!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3481685 - 12/03/13 08:07 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Death keeps coming!

It seems like death just keeps coming don't it? I am sure you are like me and have lost some loved ones over the past year. Sadly this is life. Just yesterday, I lost a classmate, Henry Moses. Why does death come? Sin. All of us sin and all of us will die unless Jesus returns first. The bible has given us all the details:

Romans 3:23

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 5:12

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—

We do have good news in all this though. God loves us. Even though we sin against Him, He still loves us, and has a free gift for us.

Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 5:8

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

A free gift! Everyone likes a free gift, only this gift has love and eternity in heaven wrapped up in the shed blood of Jesus Christ. All you have to do is believe and follow!Jesus died so you can live forever in heaven, don't ever get over that! You and I don't deserve heaven, but Jesus covered your sin so you and I can go! Thank you Jesus!

Remember this from the mouth of Job in the bible:

Job 14:1

“Man who is born of a woman is few of days and full of trouble.

So true! Life is short, be prepared!

Love to all!

Tom

Jesus Christ

Page 238 of 264 « First<236237238239240>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Kyle Coulahan, Mathews_Killer, jrbookingtn, pb10point, TEXAS
13535 Registered Users
Who's Online
198 registered (midtndeerhunter, LawDawg55, Team Passintime, Bucket, TNReb, hunter drew, 12 invisible) and 295 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13535 Members
42 Forums
99152 Topics
1165958 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.083 seconds in which 0.031 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.