Tndeer Logo

Page 235 of 261 « First<233234235236237>Last »
Topic Options
#3411777 - 10/21/13 10:05 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Amen!!

#3411836 - 10/21/13 10:47 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
Cooter
8 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, Tn

Amen!!!
#3413395 - 10/22/13 09:19 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Cooter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

God's eye is on you!

God at times makes it clear to us to do something for Him. We are to do that task no matter the obstacles. The devil will try to stop you. Be strong and carry your task out. We see this here in these verses. In a nut shell King Cyrus had sent some Jews back to start the building of the house of God. Well they started and then some opposition had arose and stopped them by appealing to a new King, Artsxerxes. He stopped building. That brings us to these verses below:

Ezra 5:1-5

Rebuilding Begins Anew

5 Now the prophets, Haggai and Zechariah the son of Iddo, prophesied to the Jews who were in Judah and Jerusalem, in the name of the God of Israel who was over them. 2 Then Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel and Jeshua the son of Jozadak arose and began to rebuild the house of God that is in Jerusalem, and the prophets of God were with them, supporting them.

3 At the same time Tattenai the governor of the province Beyond the River and Shethar-bozenai and their associates came to them and spoke to them thus: “Who gave you a decree to build this house and to finish this structure?” 4 They also asked them this: “What are the names of the men who are building this building?” 5 But the eye of their God was on the elders of the Jews, and they did not stop them until the report should reach Darius and then an answer be returned by letter concerning it.

God said get back to work through His prophets and faithful men did just that! The opposition showed up again and asked who gave them permission to start building again? And wanted names of men who were building, so they could hold them accountable! Then the key part is told to us! "But the eye of their God was on the elders of the Jews". When God's eyes are on you doing His business, you have nothing to fear!

Tomorrow we will see what happens next!

So this morning, God's eye is on you! How are you handling the business of God. One thing we are all to do is share our faith in Jesus. Are you? Let God find us all faithful to His callings!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3414967 - 10/23/13 08:06 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Let the house be rebuilt!

(Continued from yesterday)

Yesterday we seen some men of God answer His call to continue building His house even though a prior King had ordered them to stop! These men heard the call of God and nothing was going to stop them and remember the Word of God said "the eye of God was on the the elders of the Jews" meaning the leaders! God was protecting them! Again opposition arose questioning their permission to carry out this building so a letter was sent to King Darius to search the archives and decide on this matter. Here is the result:

Ezra 6

6 Then Darius the king made a decree, and search was made in Babylonia, in the house of the archives where the documents were stored. 2 And in Ecbatana, the citadel that is in the province of Media, a scroll was found on which this was written: “A record. 3 In the first year of Cyrus the king, Cyrus the king issued a decree: Concerning the house of God at Jerusalem, let the house be rebuilt, the place where sacrifices were offered, and let its foundations be retained. Its height shall be sixty cubits and its breadth sixty cubits, 4 with three layers of great stones and one layer of timber. Let the cost be paid from the royal treasury. 5 And also let the gold and silver vessels of the house of God, which Nebuchadnezzar took out of the temple that is in Jerusalem and brought to Babylon, be restored and brought back to the temple that is in Jerusalem, each to its place. You shall put them in the house of God.” 6 “Now therefore, Tattenai, governor of the province Beyond the River, Shethar-bozenai, and your associates the governors who are in the province Beyond the River, keep away. 7 Let the work on this house of God alone. Let the governor of the Jews and the elders of the Jews rebuild this house of God on its site.

12 May the God who has caused his name to dwell there overthrow any king or people who shall put out a hand to alter this, or to destroy this house of God that is in Jerusalem. I Darius make a decree; let it be done with all diligence.”

14 And the elders of the Jews built and prospered through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of Iddo. They finished their building by decree of the God of Israel and by decree of Cyrus and Darius and Artaxerxes king of Persia;

Oh yeah! King Darius had a search done. A scroll was found. King Cyrus decree was on this scroll! King Darius said basically...let the building be done! Opposition was ordered to stay out of the way! The King also said let this building be done quickly! The House of God was completed! Why? Because the eye of God was upon them and some faithful men did what God told them to do!

Folks we are to be building too. We are to be building the Kingdom of God by bring others to Jesus. God's eye is upon each of us. He gives us everything we need to share Jesus. Are we being obedient even in the face of opposition? No excuses, let's build!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3416993 - 10/24/13 11:27 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

What has God torn away from you?

God wants our obedience. When we willfully disobey God we lose blessings and even responsibilities God may have had for us. This is what is happening to King Saul in the verses below. God told him to completely destroy the Amalekites and their animals. He did neither. He spared their King and kept every animal that had worth. This what happens next:

1 Samuel 15:24-28

24 Then Saul said to Samuel, “I have sinned, for I have transgressed the commandment of the Lord and your words, because I feared the people and obeyed their voice. 25 Now therefore, please pardon my sin, and return with me, that I may worship the Lord.”

26 But Samuel said to Saul, “I will not return with you, for you have rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord has rejected you from being king over Israel.”

27 And as Samuel turned around to go away, Saul seized the edge of his robe, and it tore. 28 So Samuel said to him, “The Lord has torn the kingdom of Israel from you today, and has given it to a neighbor of yours, who is better than you.

When you read the surrounding text you can see Sauls ask for pardon is not genuine. He is worried about self more than pleasing God. Saul even grabs the prophet and tears a piece of his robe, which is then a sign to Saul that his Kingdom will know be torn away from him by God and given to someone who is better than him. Guess who that person is? King David! A man after God's own heart we are told in scripture. Saul was not!

So thinking on our own lives, what has God taken from us because we are not seeking Him in all areas of our life like we should? I hope nothing because you are living for Him. In reality though many of us may have lost some blessings and responsibility from God because we are worried about SELF more than God! Thankfully we can turn things around. God says if we confess our sin, He will forgive us in 1 John 1:9. So what are you waiting for! Do it and get back to serving God the way He desires! If you are serving the way He desires, keep up the good work!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3418349 - 10/25/13 08:17 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Joy over a beating?

I must admit it is hard for me to completely understand this below:

Acts 5:40-42

40 And they agreed with him, and when they had called for the apostles and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. 41 So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name. 42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

The apostles had been arrested for preaching and teaching Jesus. God miraculously had them freed and they went right back to preaching and teaching. The high priest and his gang were not happy about this but a wise man in their group told them to let it alone and see if they were of God or not. So they beat them and let them go. All that I get but what is hard for me to grasp is this "rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name"! Wow. Now don't get me wrong, I love Jesus, but to rejoice over a beating? That is hard to comprehend.

This is what God is looking for: Uncompromising faith. After all God told us that we would face persecution if we are doing His work. I guess we have to ask ourselves, have I been persecuted for my faith? Probably will not be a beating. Maybe cussed at for telling somebody about Jesus. Or a door slammed in our faces. People may make fun of us because we are trying to live for Jesus instead of the world. If we have never faced any of these it is probably because we are not serving Jesus like we should!

Many across the world are suffering physically for Jesus. They do get beat, starved, families separated, and yes even killed for serving Jesus. The reason the apostles could rejoice was it was a clear sign they were serving Jesus! I pray we all have that same strength to rejoice and stand strong no matter the opposition. Remember we have the power in the Holy Spirit!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3418352 - 10/25/13 08:21 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Powerful message PMT! Thanks so much for your continued efforts here on TnDeer. I can promise you it's appreciated by us here and beyond us here as well!

#3418397 - 10/25/13 08:49 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
Powerful message PMT! Thanks so much for your continued efforts here on TnDeer. I can promise you it's appreciated by us here and beyond us here as well!

A Big Ole X2 Scott, you spoke the words. \:\)

#3418615 - 10/25/13 11:53 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
TN Larry
10 Point

Loc: Baxter, Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: rabbit hunter
 Originally Posted By: Kimber45

A Big Ole X2 Scott, you spoke the words. \:\)

x3 - Very much appreciated!

#3423606 - 10/28/13 09:54 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: TN Larry]
preachermantom
12 Point

Thank you all for the encouragement! God bless you and thx for reading. IF you have a specific topic you want to hear about...just ask!

Jesus Christ

Page 235 of 261 « First<233234235236237>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Litemup80, five by five, Doe1961, OfficerBuck, rapalabuck
13311 Registered Users
Who's Online
163 registered (TIGGREM2, southernhunter, Bigmonts, FLTENNHUNTER1, dralarms, timberjack86, 15 invisible) and 211 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13311 Members
42 Forums
94103 Topics
1099388 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.143 seconds in which 0.022 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.