Tndeer Logo

Page 234 of 255 « First<232233234235236>Last »
Topic Options
#3391422 - 10/07/13 10:01 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Cooter]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Amen! and welcome back!

#3392821 - 10/08/13 08:05 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

A return to God.

Under the leadership of King Hezekiah, Israel had a return to God which was much needed. Look at how the people took part here:

2 Chronicles 31:1

The Reforms of Hezekiah

31 Now when all this was finished, all Israel who were present went out to the cities of Judah and broke the sacred pillars in pieces, cut down the wooden images, and threw down the high places and the altars—from all Judah, Benjamin, Ephraim, and Manasseh—until they had utterly destroyed them all. Then all the children of Israel returned to their own cities, every man to his possession.

This makes me think of what it would take for our nation to return to God. The reforms that need to take place. It would be a major under taking. Just think of all the sinful things according to God's Word that would need to be removed by the faithful! Billboards, music, movies, television shows, websites, clothing stores, and even people!!! The list would be huge! Folks it could happen. If we would have revival in this land it still could turn back to God but it has to start with me and you! Our homes must be in order! It is so easy to point at others but remember when we do that we have 3 fingers pointing back at ourselves!

Pray with me for a return to God. Our leaders of this country are not going to bring us back to God, so we must do it on our own! Thank God for leaders like Hezekiah! May we be a leader like him.

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3394748 - 10/09/13 08:07 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Do you love Jesus?

Jesus tells us in these verses there is proof of your love for Him:

John 14:15-24

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

So what is the proof you love Jesus? Keeping Jesus's commandments. He also says it another way in verse 23, Keep My Word! So here is the question for each of us....are we obeying the Word? It is not a partial keeping either. We are to obey all of the Bible. We do not have the option of picking and choosing like so many so called followers want to do.

Here is the flip side in verse 24, if you do not love Jesus, you do not keep His Words! Can't be put any plainer. Again here is another reason why we need to know our bibles! Hard to keep Jesus's Words if you don't know what they are!

So do you love Jesus? The proof is on the keeping of His Words!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3396235 - 10/10/13 08:38 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Are you doing greater things than Jesus?

Your first response to this question may be....ha ha are you crazy? How can I do greater things than Jesus? Don't say that so quickly...read this:

John 14:12

12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

Remember these are the Words of Jesus. So how in the world can we do greater works than Jesus? It seems like an impossible thing to do. When Jesus died, resurrected, and then went back to heaven He promised to send us a helper. The Holy Spirit. This is the first key. When Jesus was on the earth he could only be at one place at a time but when He sent the Holy Spirit back we are now indwelt with the Spirit at all times as a believer in Jesus. With the Holy Spirit in us we are able to follow His promptings 24/7/365!!!

The second key is Jesus ministry only lasted 3 years. If we are blessed to live a long time physically as well as in Christ, we have a much longer time to work for the kingdom of God. Thus we should have many works done for the kingdom.

The third key is Jesus had a limited range of ministry as he walked everywhere he went. With our modes of transportation, with internet, and with phones, we have a much larger area we can impact. Basically arouind the world if we want to.

So when you add these three things up we can have a greater ministry than Jesus, but of course all glory and honor goes to Him!

So what are you waiting for? Get busy! Souls are at stake!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3401762 - 10/14/13 10:34 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Have you put on love this morning?

Here we are another Monday! Whooo hoooo! Been a great Monday for me so far. Got to go hunting with my son this morning. Now sitting at work in the office writing this devotion. Some of you may have not started off as well. Boss yelling, wife or husband mad, children dragging their feet for school, somebody pulled out in front of you and the list can go on and on!!! But guess what? we still need to show the love of Christ. Look at this verse:

Colossians 3:14

14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.

Putting on love is a choice we have everyday! We can do it or we can put on the grumpy, grouchy, dislike face! But to be the Christians we claim to be the Word says put on love! So how about it? Where you at today? When we love our day will be much better because we will make others day better.

Did you notice in the verse "above all these things"? What else are we to put on? Here is the list and you can find it in verses 12-13.

1. compassionate hearts

2. kindness

3. humility

4. meekness

5. patience

6. bearing one another

7. forgiving each other

Whew! I can put on these other traits only if I have love put on first. So let me ask...have you put on all these traits today? Tough isn't it? It can be done in the strength of Christ!

So put on some Love today and share it! It will make your day much better!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3403109 - 10/15/13 08:10 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Something about the name "I am"!

Have you ever set back and thought about God saying He is the "I AM"? Check it out here:

Exodus 3:13-15

13 Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”

14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” 15 Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

'I am' and light: John 8:12; 11:25; 14:6; 6:35; 10:9-11,15
'I am' and belief: John 6:35; 8:24; 11:25; 13:19
'I am' and knowledge: John 8:28; 10:14; 14:6,7
'I am' and witness: John 8:12-13, 8:18
'I am' and truth: John 4:24, 26; 8:17-18; 14:6
'I am' and origin/destiny: John 6:40, 5 1; 7:34; 8:23-24
'I am' and time: past and future: John 8:58; 13:19; 7:34
'I am' and the Father: John 8:18; 8:28; 10:14; 14:6; 15:1
'I am' and Titles: John 4:26; 8:28
'I am' and Authority: John 6:20; 8:28; 18:5-6

There is much to the title "I AM". The main point is deity. God! All powerful, all knowing, and everywhere at one time! WOW! Just sit back and think...if you are in Christ, a believer, a follower of Him, you are in the hands of the "I AM"! It don't get any better than that!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3404598 - 10/16/13 08:17 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Remember this!

Here is a verse we need to keep at the front of our thoughts constantly:

Hebrews 13:14

14 For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.

We are just passing through this time period in our life. We will not dwell here forever. We have an eternity to spend somewhere else....heaven or hell. In my life there is much heartache going on in our friends, family, church family, and in general around the world. No where in the bible does it say this side of heaven is going to be easy. As the verse above says "we have no lasting city" here! This is not our home....heaven is for the follower of Jesus Christ. "We seek the city that is to come"! That heavenly city! Oh what a day that will be!

In the meantime, we have much to do here. Pray for the lost and the hurting. Share the gospel. Help the needy. Live daily for Jesus. In doing all this remember, this is not your home! It is coming soon!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3406180 - 10/17/13 08:18 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Rate yourself!

I was doing some counseling yesterday and asked a few simple questions to the person about their time with God and leading their family. I was surprised at the answers and it is obvious why life isn't where it should be. Let me share the questions with you and you rate yourself....the key is to be honest in your answers.

1. On a scale of 1-100, what is your relationship with God right now.

2. How many times a week do you read your bible/have a devotion?

3. If you are married, how many times a week do you study/have a devotion with your spouse?

4. When is the last time you have a family dinner at home around the table?

5. Besides a food blessing, when is the last time you prayed?

6. If you are married, when is the last time you prayed together?

7. If you are married, when is the last time you had a date night?

8. List the top priorities in your life right now, what they are not what they should be!

9. What two things keep you from where God wants you if you had to name them?

10. Have you ever read the Bible all the way through?

Now think about these things. The one I was counseling is considered a strong Christian. But the answers to the questions showed major work needed to be done. Rarely was the bible being read. Church attendance was not a priority. Leading the family spiritually was not happening. Priorities were not in line. things were placed in front of God and family.Let me remind you about priorities....this is how God says they should be according to the bible:

1. God

2. Spouse

3. Children

4. Church

5. Others

6. Self

When we get these out of order which many of us do, we are headed for problems!!! It is amazing to me that followers of Jesus get so out of whack, including myself! Keep God on the throne and get ourselves off it!

One other thing that I have said before, a majority of Christians have never read the bible all the way through! Think about that. God has given us His Word, a guide book for life, and we don't take the time to read it and study it. This is crazy!!!! Read psalm 119! It shows importance of the Word. How can we live like God wants us too if we don't know what His Word says? It is impossible!

So how did you do on the little test? Only you can change the answers. Do it! The devil don't want you to, he likes you right where you are!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3411650 - 10/21/13 08:37 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Is Word of God dwelling in you richly?

Yet once again we see the importance of God's Word in our lives. Have you been in the Word today?

Colossians 3:16

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Getting in the Word is a day long process as we see in this verse. First we have to get in the Word. Learn it, soak it in, dwell in it so it is a part of every area in our life. Get rich in the Word! I am not talking about money here, I am talking about the Word enhancing our lives as God desires! Second, once we are in the Word daily, we are to teach others. Do you know you bible well enough to teach others? You should! This verse also says admonish one another. Admonish means caution, advise, reprove, or even scold. This is to be done with love and wisdom from the Word. Notice it says one another, you are to receive admonishing when needed too! Third we see worship and praise as we sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs! Let it go! Shout it from the roof tops! Jesus is worthy to sing about and praise all day long! We should be the happiest, singingest, dancingest people around! We serve the Savior of the world, who died for you and for me!!!! Then fourth, we see with thankfulness. I like what my Pastor, Mark warren, said about this. Don't wait til Thanksgiving to be thankful!!! Be thankful 24/7/365! God is good and deserves to be thanked all day long!

A side not on the word richly, it means of great value. It God's Word of great value you to you? Before you answer, evaluate what you have been doing with the Word. If it isn't much then it isn't of much value to you!

So I pray the Word is of great value to you today! Use it as God desires in your life! Do some singing and shouting for the risen Savior. God is good!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3411755 - 10/21/13 09:49 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Amen!

Page 234 of 255 « First<232233234235236>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
THEdonkey0515, muddyhunter, davey1230, MisquitoNet, strutter rutter
13079 Registered Users
Who's Online
66 registered (Thicketmaster, shoningram, LSUtigers, AndyW, Planking, JCDEERMAN, 12 invisible) and 135 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13079 Members
42 Forums
88090 Topics
1031877 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 5.278 seconds in which 0.032 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.