Tndeer Logo

Page 229 of 258 « First<227228229230231>Last »
Topic Options
#3327603 - 08/19/13 08:19 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Key to turning back.

I think it is fairly obvious that the United States needs a turning back to God. We need a revival to take place. A friend of mine posted a verse today that is key for us as a nation to get back to God. Read this verse:

Joshua 1:8

8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

If you go back and research history, all revivals have started with a rekindled fire of getting into God's Word. It is vital for individuals and as a nation that we read, know, and study God's guide book for our lives. It is essential for our survival! Look what Jesus said:

Matthew 4:4

But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”

That pretty well settles it for me on the importance of God's Word in our lives. Oh and by the way Pslam 119 is the biggest chapter in the bible and the whole thing has to do with the importance of God's Word in our lives.

So are you using your key to life? For our nation to turn back to God it all starts with you and me!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3327761 - 08/19/13 10:06 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
knightrider
12 Point

Loc: tn

2 chronicles 7 14; if my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

#3327766 - 08/19/13 10:12 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: knightrider]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Sure appears that as a Country, we're moving further away without turning back \:\(

#3327811 - 08/19/13 10:42 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Thanks Tom! I pray each day for the evil to be ousted from the ranks of our leaders, and that He would raise up righteous leaders to lead our country under His guidance once again.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3327827 - 08/19/13 10:55 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

Thanks everyone for your comments! Pray for our nation!

Jesus Christ

#3329004 - 08/20/13 09:45 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

True Love!

Most Christians would say "I love Jesus!" Do you? We can know if we do or not according to the scriptures. Read theses:

John 14:15

“If you love Me, keep My commandments."

John 14:21

"He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

John 14:23

Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."

John 14:24

He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.Pretty simple to figure out if we truly love Jesus or not, we obey HIS WORD.

Jesus told us the two greatest commandments, and if we can keep these two we basically cover all the commandments. Here they are:

Matthew 22:36-39

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

So do you love Jesus? Do you love God with all you got, and do you love others? Do you obey the Word of God? Answer these questions and you can answer if you love Jesus or not!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3330187 - 08/21/13 07:58 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Lies,lies, lies!!!

These were the words posted on an old high school friend of mine facebook page:

"LIES LIES LIES THATS THE WORD TODAY BOYS AND GIRLS NOT A LIE PLURAL LIES"

Sadly he is correct! Our world is full of lies. Should this surprise us? Absolutely not! Look at this verse:

John 8:44

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

God makes it very clear that lies are of the devil. It is common place in our society to lie. Not many years ago a hand shake was all that was required to seal a deal. Now look at the paperwork required for a deal. Piles of it, why? Lies, man does not keep his word. God even warned us of this:

Matthew 5:36-38

36 And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.

So what is the answer to the lies? God answers that too!

John 8:31-32

31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Having a relationship with Jesus Christ is the answer. Jesus is truth. As followers we also need be people of truth. If we continue on in lies then it reveals we are not in Jesus! God makes it clear that the devil is the father of lies, and his followers are also, don't go there! Jesus loves you and died for you! Come to the Truth, and then live daily for the Truth!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3331597 - 08/22/13 09:48 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Why do men not come to Jesus?

I read this quote by A.W.Tozer "The man who continues in his rejection of Christ has a pet sin somewhere-he's in love with iniquity." Hmmmm just think about that for a bit. Let's look at some scripture:

John 3:18-20

18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who

does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.

This verse pretty much confirms what Tozer says, "For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed." Sin that we love will keep us from coming to Jesus! When we come to Jesus our sin is exposed and man does not want that!

To come to Jesus takes humility, for we must admit we are sinners, and repent of that sin. None of us like to admit we are wrong, or we are sinners. But to agree with God we must admit we are sinners:

Romans 3:23

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

1 John 1:7-10

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

James 4:6

But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.”

So my friends this morning, is there any sin keeping you from Jesus? Through the Holy Spirit humble yourselves and give that sin or sins to Jesus today. Ask God for forgiveness and then "Go, and sin no more." Don't jet that sin keep its hold on you, live for Jesus and live life to the fullest! The way God designed you to live.

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3331682 - 08/22/13 10:26 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Amen! Thank you Lord for our hope in Jesus, for life evermore!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3333003 - 08/23/13 10:30 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

Humble self, pray, seek.

This is a scripture that speaks for itself. Yes it was being said to Israel but it is relevant for the United States too.

2 Chronicles 7:14

14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

5 keys to grasp here:

1. Called by my name--for us this means hearing the call of Jesus and giving our lives to Him.

2. Humble self--pretty simple put God and others before yourself and it will humble you.

3. Pray--God wants to hear from His children in good times and in bad. Have you talked to him recently?

4. Seek God's face--Truly seek God will all that you have. Do you really know God?

5. Turn from your wicked ways--repent of sin and do not do it again.

I still believe God would bless the Untied States but He is clear in His Word if we continue in our wicked ways He will not! It all starts with me and you getting right with God!

Tom

Jesus Christ

Page 229 of 258 « First<227228229230231>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (downwind, chrmayo, Hunter 257W, harley 2008, swami, caretaker, 14 invisible) and 130 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91443 Topics
1069006 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.065 seconds in which 0.025 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.