Tndeer Logo

Page 228 of 256 « First<226227228229230>Last »
Topic Options
#3315683 - 08/08/13 08:33 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Who are you from God's perspective? #23

This morning I want you to see two more ways that God sees you, a minister of reconciliation and an ambassador, read these verses:

2 Corinthians 5:17-21

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Again as a reminder, God only sees you in these ways if you are a follower of Jesus! First today we see God has given us the ministry of reconciliation as told in verse 18. As Christ has reconciled us to a right relationship with God we are to reconcile people to Jesus so they can be right with God. What does the word reconcile mean? To make (two apparently conflicting things) compatible or consistent with each other. When we are in sin we are in conflict with God, receiving Christ makes us compatible with God!

The second way we God sees us this morning in these verses is as an ambassador for Jesus! What does an ambassador do? The dictionary says: an authorized messenger or representative. When we are followers of Christ we are authorized messengers of God. What is our message? Jesus saves and is the only way to heaven!

So this morning God sees you as a minister of reconciliation and an ambassador!!! Pretty cool, huh? The next question is are you fulfilling your duties?

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3315699 - 08/08/13 08:41 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Amen PMT!

#3319973 - 08/12/13 07:54 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
preachermantom
12 Point

Who are you from God's perspective? #24

As many of us head to work this morning, we see from God's Word that He sees us as co-workers in the ministry! Check this out:

2 Corinthians 6:1

6 We then, as workers together with Him also plead with you not to receive the grace of God in vain.

Did you catch this "as workers together with Him" ? When you are a follower of Jesus it is understood that you are now a co-worker of God! You have a responsibility to minister to others! It is not your preacher's job! Well he has his responsibility to God too but what I mean is you have a job to do for the Lord! Here is your job description:

1. Love God

2. Love others

3. Share the gospel

Now as the 2 Corinthians verse goes on to say don;t take the grace of God in vain. Don't turn back on God! God in His mercy and grace has provided salvation to us as a gift through the death of His Son Jesus. Once we have received this gift do not think you can do whatever you want in life. You are now a servant of the most high God and have responsibilities to fulfill! Look at this verse:

1 Corinthians 6:20

For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.Now let me be clear here, you don't work for salvation, but you do prove salvation by serving Jesus joyfully! Do not take the grace and mercy of God lightly!

So this morning we see we are co-workers with God, we are to be faithful workers of God!

Tom

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3320014 - 08/12/13 08:38 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Ever thankful for your reminders PMT!!

We ALL have work to do for the Lord and there's no better time to start than right now \:\)

#3320281 - 08/12/13 01:05 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Wow Tom....once again a parallel with the sermon we were preached this Sunday! \:\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3321133 - 08/13/13 07:45 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

Who are you from God's perspective? #25

Today we will wrap up how God sees us. I pray you have learned some valuable information about the way God sees you and expects you to see yourself and then live according to that view!

This morning we see in this verse that God created us and our purpose is to live in Christ Jesus and do good works. Look at this verse:

Ephesians 2:10

10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

No matter what we do in life we are the workmanship of God. He made us but in His love for us He has given us free will and choice. That is awesome if we make good choices but it also can be terrible for those who do not make godly choices! We were created to have a relationship with God through His Son Jesus. But as I said before for those who chose not to have this relationship the consequences are eternity in hell. For those who chose to be a follower of Jesus we have the security of heaven but it don't stop with that promise. Don't miss these words "for good works". We were created to be a follower and a doer of good things in Christ Jesus. That should be the priority of our life. #1, numero uno, first!!!!!! The verse goes on to say God has prepared this to be THE WAY! We SHOULD walk in them. So all of us must ask ourselves, as followers of Jesus am I doing good works? Here are an example of some good works from the bible:

1. Loving others (including our enemies)

2. Sharing Jesus with others (gospel)

3. Church attendance

4. Sharing your money and good with needy (really not your stuff anyway, it's God's)

5. Tithing

6. Raising your children and grandchildren in the Lord.

7. Loving your wife as Christ loved the church

8.Loving your husband as commanded by God

These are just a small sample. How did you do as you looked at the list?

So this morning we see that God sees us as His workmanship! And He sees us doing good works! I hope we are fulfilling his vision in us! God bless!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3321189 - 08/13/13 08:12 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Thank you Tom!

#3322426 - 08/14/13 07:39 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Foul Language

Sometimes a person writes a article that we must share. This is one of those. Over 20 years ago when I gave my life to Jesus, never did I think foul language would be acceptable. It still isn't but some who claim Christ seem to think it is. I had a foul mouth before Christ, but it was removed instantly upon giving my life to Jesus. Nothing I had done, it was the power of God. So check this article out:

Why I Don’t Use the F-Word
I honestly never thought I’d see the day when Christians would justify swearing.

I lived a sheltered life growing up. My Christian parents allowed me to watch a re-release of Gone With the Wind at the local theater when I was 12, and my virgin ears were scandalized when Rhett Butler told Scarlett, “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a dang.” I had never heard such language—and I knew that if I ever talked like Rhett Butler in my house, I would be sent to the backyard to choose my own switch.

Fast-forward to today, when profanity has so saturated our culture that dirty words are unavoidable. Dropping the F-bomb is a daily habit for millions of Americans. Jesse Sheidlower, the editor-at-large of the Oxford English Dictionary, says the F-word has lost its shock value. He says, “For most people, it’s hardly noticeable anymore.”

Today students wear “[censored]?” T-shirts to school. I’ve seen the F-word indelibly tattooed on people’s arms in dark blue ink. And I’ve heard guys and girls alike use the F-word more than 15 times in a sentence to simply describe their day. There’s even a mock children’s book titled Go the F*** to Sleep that was one of the fastest-selling titles on Amazon in 2011. What’s going on here?

Music has certainly played a role in forcing the F-word on us. (Listen if you dare to any popular hip-hop artist for proof of this nastiness.) One song by the rock band Limp Bizkit a few years ago featured the F-word 50 times. American rapper CeeLo Green released a song in 2010 called F*** You, and it was nominated for a Grammy Award. Meanwhile, the Motion Picture Association of America recently relaxed its ratings code to allow more uses of the F-word in PG-13 movies. (The old rule only allowed one F-bomb per film.)

I’m not going on a crusade to wash out our nation’s potty mouth. We live in a free country. And besides, I don’t expect non-Christians to talk like Sunday school teachers. But at the risk of sounding like a prude, I think true believers need to be reminded that it’s not okay to talk trash. This certainly goes for preachers—no matter how young and trendy they are.

I honestly never thought I’d see the day when Christians would justify swearing. But it was only inevitable, since many popular preachers have emphasized greasy grace while overlooking our serious lack of discipleship. The underlying message these days is: “Don’t be religious or legalistic. We have to be relevant to the culture.” The implied meaning is: “Go ahead and talk dirty. God doesn’t care. Maybe when non-Christians hear you swearing, they won’t label you a religious nut.” I’m not buying that line for three reasons:

1. Filthy talk defiles you and those around you. Jesus said it is not what goes into the mouth of a person that defiles him, but what comes out of his mouth (Matt. 15:11). Then the apostle Paul wrote, “Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths” (Eph. 4:29, ESV). The word corrupting here refers to rotten fruit or rancid fish. Filthy talk stinks! Dirty words have the power to soil you—and the rancid odor will linger in your soul.

2. Obscene or crude language is a reflection of your inner character. British preacher Charles Spurgeon once said, “Beware of everyone who swears: he who would blaspheme his Maker would make no bones of lying or stealing.” Ephesians 5:4 says filthy talk or crude joking are not “befitting” a Christian (ASV). The NIV translates it this way: “Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place.” If a Christian defiantly insists on talking trash, he has revealed deeper flaws and can’t be trusted.

3. Rough language is a sign of an unsurrendered will. The psalmist wrote, “Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!” (Ps. 141:3, ESV). Mature Christians invite the Holy Spirit to inspect every area of their lives: attitudes, thoughts, grudges and addictions—as well as coarse language. If you insist on holding on to carnal habits, you are quenching the Spirit’s fire. Your spiritual growth will be forever stunted.

The prophet Isaiah recognized that he was “a man of unclean lips” who lived among “a people of unclean lips” (Is. 6:5). After his repentance, an angel touched his lips with the hot coal of God’s holiness. We need this miracle today if we want to speak for God.

God wants to use our mouths as channels of His life and blessing, but we will never be His prophets if we talk like the world. Let God clean up your conversation.

Truthful words to live by here!

Tom

Edited by preachermantom (08/14/13 07:41 AM)

Jesus Christ

#3322473 - 08/14/13 08:17 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

very good. i wish i could also say my filthy mouth was instantly removed when i was saved but it wasn't . I have struggled to remove it from my language.I occasionly slip but it's not the habit it was before. I work with people that seems they can't complete a sentence without throwing a cusser in.

#3324668 - 08/16/13 08:00 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Brisco Darlin]
preachermantom
12 Point

Wide gate to destruction!

For sometime now the Lord keeps bringing these verses back to my mind, so I must share them with you. I believe Jesus did not waste words. He tells us about the gates for a reason, as a warning to take very seriously. Read these verses:

Matthew 7:13-14

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Luke 13:23-25

23 Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?”

And He said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’

Don't miss this point:

Narrow gate--few who find it

Wide gate--many who go in by it.

Do you think Jesus just threw that out there for no reason? I don't. It is a stern warning. Many claim to have Jesus in their hearts but continue to live like the world. These are the folks Jesus was referring to when He says in Luke 13:25 "I do not know you". In my opinion our churches are full of folks in this situation. Many folks who study these types of things say over 50% of folks in our churches are not going in the narrow gate! OUCH!

The narrow gate is a difficult life. A changed life. A new life. A life characterized by being different than the world. Ask yourself this morning, can others see Jesus in me or do I look like the world. That is a big indicator of where we are in Christ!

Let me close with this, did you see the question in Luke 13:23? “Lord, are there few who are saved?” I wish Jesus would have just come out and said "Yes! Most will be saved!" But He did not. FEW FIND IT!

Think on this today. Evaluate yourself. If you are right with God...AWESOME! If not get right! The help others get right!

God bless, Tom

Jesus Christ

Page 228 of 256 « First<226227228229230>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14, woodie
13110 Registered Users
Who's Online
36 registered (HenryCohunter, AllOutdoors, dmitchell28, waterfowlwidowmaker, scott co htr, fourwheeler431, 1 invisible) and 73 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13110 Members
42 Forums
89101 Topics
1042123 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 3.011 seconds in which 2.785 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.