Tndeer Logo

Page 227 of 258 « First<225226227228229>Last »
Topic Options
#3306335 - 07/30/13 10:20 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Thank you Tom!

#3306545 - 07/30/13 01:06 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
TN Larry
10 Point

Loc: Baxter, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: rabbit hunter
Thank you Tom!

x2

#3307313 - 07/31/13 07:41 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: TN Larry]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Who are you from God's perspective? #19

Well let's jump right in and see another way God sees us this morning!

John 15:16

16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

This verse can be confusing because folks tend to interpret it in different ways. Some believe that this verse means God chooses who will be saved and who will not. I disagree. I believe all have the opportunity to ask Jesus into their lives through the Holy Spirit. This verse is talking to all folks who have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior and thus He has chosen us to bear fruit! In reality none of would choose God on our own, we are to selfish. God has choosen all of us and I base that on this verse:

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

God does not want anyone going to hell and gives everyone a chance to receive Jesus! It is our choice to follow or deny God!

Now in the John verse we see God sees us doing something: bearing fruit. Notice the language used "go and bear". I don't see anything about if you feel like it, it is a command. "Go" is translated as "as you are going". So it is to be a daily event as you are doing your life. What is bearing fruit? Serving Jesus by loving God, loving others, praying, sharing the gospel, and meeting needs. So are you obeying this command?

So this morning we see we are chosen by God and we are to bear fruit! That is how God sees us!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3312284 - 08/05/13 08:12 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Who are you from God's perspective? #20

Another way God sees us this morning is a way many of us do not take advantage of! Check this verse out!

Acts 1:8

8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

God sees you as a Holy Spirit filled (which you receive as soon as you accept Christ as Savior) witness. Which means you have great power to live and witness for Jesus! Are you taking advantage of that God-given power? If you look at the wording of the bible it isn't really an option. "You shall be witnesses" is a command not an option. Where am I to be a witness? Jerusalem is your hometown. Judea would be your state. Samaria would be your country and the end of the earth is just what is says all around this world! There is another place in scripture that says basically the same thing:

Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

There is also a key word here which is "Go" which when translated means as you are going. So our witness is to be an on going process!

So this morning God sees you as a Spirit powered, witness. Are you fulfilling your duty? From what scripture says it really isn't an option! Jesus wants us to reach the world with the gospel!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3312317 - 08/05/13 08:39 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Amazing....our message Sunday morning was about the power of the spirit within, and how we seem to barely use the awesome power we have access to!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3313272 - 08/06/13 08:15 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

Wild how that happens Mup!

Jesus Christ

#3313273 - 08/06/13 08:16 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Who are you from God's perspective? #21

How about some awesome news on this Tuesday morning? God sees us as an heir if we have received His grace through Jesus Christ His Son! Check this verse out!

Titus 3:7

7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life

Whew! Thank you Jesus! We are heirs to the Heavenly Kingdom!Here are some more verses that talk about being heirs to the Kingdom of God:

Romans 8:17

and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.A note on this, are you willing to be a servant and suffer if called to do so?

Galatians 3:29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Ephesians 3:6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,

James 2:5 Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him.

So this morning if you are a born again believer of Jesus Christ, you are an heir of Heaven! Give some praise to Jesus!!!!! I am!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3313282 - 08/06/13 08:23 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Thank you Jesus!

#3314437 - 08/07/13 07:57 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Who are you from God's perspective? #22

This mornings view of how God sees us should make us think very seriously about our relationship with God and what honors He bestows upon us. Check this verse out:

1 Corinthians 3:16

16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Don't miss this! When you receive Jesus as Lord and Savior of your life yo become a temple in which the Holy Spirit dwells. Whew! Think about that for a moment. The Holy Spirit is God, and God is dwelling inside you. How are you using that temple? How are you taking care of that temple? Is that temple doing anything that is unworthy of God! Are you allowing anything into that temple that God does not want in there by way of eyes, ears, and mind that is under your control? Much to think about here isn't it?

Some more verses on this temple:

1 Corinthians 3:17

If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

1 Corinthians 6:19

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

2 Corinthians 6:16

And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people.”

This temple that we are is something we better take very seriously!

In the 1 Corinthians 6:19 verse we must remember that once we are followers of Christ we belong to Jesus not ourselves! Are you living like you belong to Jesus? Something each of us needs to ask ourselves!So this morning we see God sees us as His temple! Live like His temple!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3314551 - 08/07/13 09:22 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Thanks, this is a good one!!!

Page 227 of 258 « First<225226227228229>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
151 registered (Timber Ghost, Dirt nap, Birdiekiller, mathews338, THE DUKE, JAD, 17 invisible) and 214 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91776 Topics
1072577 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.124 seconds in which 0.02 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.