#1265668 - 03/28/09 10:58 PM Re: 12 in crappie minimum [Re: 4onaside]
deerlawyer
4 Point

Loc: tn

Originally Posted By: 4onaside
 Originally Posted By: deerlawyer
 Originally Posted By: keith35611
i do know crappie grow big in the tn river and i firmly believe it would work.

This is the part that makes your whole argument insane.Most of,if not all of the TN river in AL has a 9" minimum length.

no logic there keith. what is in place in alabama has nothing to do with what i am in favor of in tn.

i still haven't heard anyone say why it wouldn't or couldn't work?
What's your favorite method of fishing. Hmmmmm,it couldn't be trolling could it?

why don't you go back to talking about doves? just as relevent as this comment.

#1266392 - 03/29/09 02:22 PM Re: 12 in crappie minimum [Re: deerlawyer]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

This is the part that makes your whole argument insane.Most of,if not all of the TN river in AL has a 9" minimum length.

no logic there keith. what is in place in alabama has nothing to do with what i am in favor of in tn.

What's your favorite method of fishing. Hmmmmm,it couldn't be trolling could it?

Of course, my comment is relevant. Just asked a question about your favorite method of fishing. Do you like to troll?

#1266408 - 03/29/09 02:28 PM Re: 12 in crappie minimum [Re: 4onaside]
Venison1
16 Point

Loc: United States

Crappie, The other white meat!
Im gonna go check the freezer.

#1266781 - 03/29/09 06:47 PM Re: 12 in crappie minimum [Re: deerlawyer]
Trapper John
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: La Vergne,TN/Decaturville, TN

Originally Posted By: Trapper John

a man should apply some pride to his fishing just like his job, and throw those little tater chips back. leave the ten inchers for the bank fishermen sitting on buckets, or make em illegal.

This is part of the reason your proposal has turned into a joke. How can we possibly take you seriously when you demean other fishermen who don't measure up to your "standards?" Talking down to the "bank fishermen" and the "tater chip" comment...it makes you a bad joke. Combine that with no scientific backup and the posts above will be the result on here and at a TWRC meeting.

typical liberal response trap. don't expect excellence from anyone, just make everyone happy. very quickly becoming the american way. you and the other liberals on this website are the bad joke.

Unfortunately for you this really isn't a political argument. Getting this type of deal to be taken seriously requires scientific backing and support from the masses. Right now you have neither.

Since the troll smell has become prevalent in this thread I'll leave it at that.

#1266961 - 03/29/09 07:39 PM Re: 12 in crappie minimum [Re: Trapper John]
BuckWild
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: Memphis or Birdsong Creek

I was catching 1.5 to 1.75 lb crappie pretty regular on the TN River back in the 80's when there were no size limits. Then I move to Memphis and start fishing Sardis and Enid and Arkabutla and am still catching 1.5 to 1.75 lb crappie on a regular basis. I caught 2 limits on Sardis last week. Fish are the same size they were before the 12 inch min went into effect. Just had 40 fish instead of 60 fish because they lowered the limit.
I fish Mississippi because it's close, not because it's got a 12 in min.

So what's your point? \:D \:D

#1266988 - 03/29/09 07:42 PM Re: 12 in crappie minimum [Re: deerlawyer]
BuckWild
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: Memphis or Birdsong Creek

I'd be for a two pole per person max in a boat or on the bank.

I lived in Washington state many years ago and that was a highly enforced regulation. I'd love to see that regulation in effect in Tennessee and Mississippi.

#1267090 - 03/29/09 08:05 PM Re: 12 in crappie minimum [Re: BuckWild]
stik
TnDeer Old Timer
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: BuckWild
I'd be for a two pole per person max in a boat or on the bank.

I lived in Washington state many years ago and that was a highly enforced regulation. I'd love to see that regulation in effect in Tennessee and Mississippi.

why?

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#1267103 - 03/29/09 08:09 PM Re: 12 in crappie minimum [Re: BuckWild]
deerlawyer
4 Point

Originally Posted By: BuckWild
I was catching 1.5 to 1.75 lb crappie pretty regular on the TN River back in the 80's when there were no size limits. Then I move to Memphis and start fishing Sardis and Enid and Arkabutla and am still catching 1.5 to 1.75 lb crappie on a regular basis. I caught 2 limits on Sardis last week. Fish are the same size they were before the 12 inch min went into effect. Just had 40 fish instead of 60 fish because they lowered the limit.
I fish Mississippi because it's close, not because it's got a 12 in min.

So what's your point? \:D \:D

my point is, i caught good fish as you in the eighties, but not so often now. do you still catch em in tn as you did in the eighties? not nearly as much pressure then. i disagree that the fish on sardis are no bigger. half of our forty fish limit last week weighed a solid two pounds on an electronic scale.

#1267139 - 03/29/09 08:17 PM Re: 12 in crappie minimum [Re: 4onaside]
deerlawyer
4 Point

Of course, my comment is relevant. Just asked a question about your favorite method of fishing. Do you like to troll?

of course, your comment is irrelevant. try just stating your opinion if you have one, or some "science" as to why my thoughts are not practical. calling me a troll is irrelevant. why not just go ahead and say "if you disaggree with twra, then you are not welcome here"?

#1267273 - 03/29/09 08:46 PM Re: 12 in crappie minimum [Re: Trapper John]
deerlawyer
4 Point

a man should apply some pride to his fishing just like his job, and throw those little tater chips back. leave the ten inchers for the bank fishermen sitting on buckets, or make em illegal.

This is part of the reason your proposal has turned into a joke. How can we possibly take you seriously when you demean other fishermen who don't measure up to your "standards?" Talking down to the "bank fishermen" and the "tater chip" comment...it makes you a bad joke. Combine that with no scientific backup and the posts above will be the result on here and at a TWRC meeting.

typical liberal response trap. don't expect excellence from anyone, just make everyone happy. very quickly becoming the american way. you and the other liberals on this website are the bad joke.

Unfortunately for you this really isn't a political argument. Getting this type of deal to be taken seriously requires scientific backing and support from the masses. Right now you have neither.

Since the troll smell has become prevalent in this thread I'll leave it at that.

trap, you are right. i don't do scientific research. don't have access to taxpayer dollars like some folks, although i still haven't seen any so called proof against my ideas. not a realistic expectation, just my opinion. i don't really expect excellence out of twra anymore. just pacify the masses. since half the sportsmen in my end of the state are trolls(someone who disagrees with twra), the odor you smell must be that of brainwashed twra desciple sitting at your computer.

Page 4 of 9 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Fish N Hunt, bowednlazy, ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger
13295 Registered Users
Who's Online
71 registered (bowhunterfanatic, Hardwoodmaterials, Grim Reaper, in the dog house!, Phil1979, SX3Mike, 12 invisible) and 126 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85661 Topics
1035143 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.238 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.