Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#1234495 - 03/13/09 12:53 PM Re: Someone recommend a vest. [Re: JRS]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Jason,
I believe that's the exact vest I was last using.
It's a nice turkey vest, "cooler" and quieter than most, and one of the most comfortable cushions that exists. Only thing I didn't like about it was the quick attachable/detachable game bag --- since it was totally fluorescent orange, could not use it for any purpose other than carrying out a turkey. Does yours have the "packed away" orange game bag? Really a neat vest, but I found myself leaving it in the truck, since the "turkey" shirt sufficed, and the cushion wasn't as comfortable as that turkey lounger.

Originally Posted By: JRS
I bought this vest to try out this year.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0037688&type=pod

The new vest also fits more snug and I think it will be ideal for belly crawling or stalking. I am going to carry the gobbler lounger along with me so I think between the new vest and the lounger I will be set.

Once I got a turkey "lounger", I stopped carrying the cushion with the vest. Then the turkey shirt replaced the vest.

Next time I see you, ask to look at my turkey lounger.
I've found a better, quicker, quieter way of carrying it, using a "catclaw" strap and a quick detachable belt (attached to the lounger). Otherwise, might just stick in in the game bag of your turkey vest. \:\)

#1234537 - 03/13/09 01:13 PM Re: Someone recommend a vest. [Re: Wes Parrish]
JRS
8 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
Jason,
I believe that's the exact vest I was last using.
It's a nice turkey vest, "cooler" and quieter than most, and one of the most comfortable cushions that exists. Only thing I didn't like about it was the quick attachable/detachable game bag --- since it was totally fluorescent orange, could not use it for any purpose other than carrying out a turkey. Does yours have the "packed away" orange game bag? Really a neat vest, but I found myself leaving it in the truck, since the "turkey" shirt sufficed, and the cushion wasn't as comfortable as that turkey lounger.

Originally Posted By: JRS
I bought this vest to try out this year.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0037688&type=pod

The new vest also fits more snug and I think it will be ideal for belly crawling or stalking. I am going to carry the gobbler lounger along with me so I think between the new vest and the lounger I will be set.

Once I got a turkey "lounger", I stopped carrying the cushion with the vest. Then the turkey shirt replaced the vest.

Next time I see you, ask to look at my turkey lounger.
I've found a better, quicker, quieter way of carrying it, using a "catclaw" strap and a quick detachable belt (attached to the lounger). Otherwise, might just stick in in the game bag of your turkey vest. \:\)

Will do Wes! ;\)

#1234568 - 03/13/09 01:26 PM Re: Someone recommend a vest. [Re: JRS]
TheAirMan
16 Point

Loc: Moss, Tennessee

I bought one of those loungers here back while they were on sale. Never have used it hunting yet. It seemed pretty comfortable but it also seem kinda big and bulky to lug around.

#1234583 - 03/13/09 01:34 PM Re: Someone recommend a vest. [Re: TheAirMan]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: TheAirMan
. . . . those loungers . . . . seem kinda big and bulky to lug around.

Offset by not carrying a cushion and turkey vest full of "stuff". \:\)

If you sit more than you walk, it's worth its weight in gold. Carry it strapped vertically to your back (cut off the velcro and the strap that comes with it) by improvising with a catclaw tree-stand strap and a quick-release waist belt.

#1235375 - 03/13/09 08:58 PM Re: Someone recommend a vest. [Re: ]
buckhorn40
Non-Typical

Loc: Crossville

I was going to but the Mossy Oak super elite III this past weekend and they were sold out, so I bought the Primos Gobbler. Lots of storage and a really thick butt pad. Haven't used it yet, so i don't have a clue if its worth a crap or not.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
6 registered (JCS, yellowlabmann, FrontierGander, TX300mag, mayberryrick, gtk) and 88 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.011 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.