Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#1228384 - 03/10/09 01:08 PM Re: Lake Graham [Re: deerlawyer]
OldHunter
6 Point

Loc: west tennessee

Originally Posted By: deerlawyer
what about crappie on that lake? is it timber all over it? thanks.

Deerlawyer, There are some big Crappie caught there, however not the numbers you would hope for.

The only people I have seen with crappie are some guys that fish the lake alot. But never seen more than a few fish.

#1228391 - 03/10/09 01:10 PM Re: Lake Graham [Re: OldHunter]
OldHunter
6 Point

Originally Posted By: 4onaside
[/quote] All bets are off(excuse me, you go to a Baptist college, my bad.) Sympathy for a poor college kid from out of town who can't find a place to fish just dropped off the table! LOL

You must be a Lambuth guy.

#1228576 - 03/10/09 03:32 PM Re: Lake Graham [Re: OldHunter]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

content Online
 Originally Posted By: OldHunter
All bets are off(excuse me, you go to a Baptist college, my bad.) Sympathy for a poor college kid from out of town who can't find a place to fish just dropped off the table! LOL

You must be a Lambuth guy.[/quote] That I am, that I am. Both son and daughter-in-law are graduates. LOL However, my point was that my first impression was that here is a lad from out of town who is looking for a place to fish. And he is, which is great. But then in the next breath he casually mentions that he caught a string of very fine fish in the bat of an eye, in a pond, obviously pretty close to the campus(neighborhood)! Hey, we ought to be asking him where to fish, not the other way around. LOL

#1228681 - 03/10/09 04:48 PM Re: Lake Graham [Re: 4onaside]
OldHunter
6 Point

That I am as well, my son is a Lambuth Grad. lol now where is this pond Kevin?
#1231169 - 03/11/09 07:59 PM Re: Lake Graham [Re: OldHunter]
Kevin
8 Point

Loc: Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: OldHunter
That I am as well, my son is a Lambuth Grad. lol now where is this pond Kevin?

Lol I was trying to figure out where that was comin from, It is literally right across from union, in a nieghborhood right behind the chevy lot.

I went back that afternoon with a few teammates, caught 3 in about 15 minutes, biggest was about 2lbs. But then we got kicked out, private neighborhood pond it turns out! \:\( Really big bummer. Im gonna post that stringer right now.

A bad day fishing is better than a good day of work.

Roll Tide

#1234743 - 03/13/09 03:30 PM Re: Lake Graham [Re: Kevin]
4onaside
12 Point

content Online
Hey Kevin, don't know where you're from, but in this neck of the woods, you have to have permission to fish a private pond(which we of course assumed that you did!) lol
So now back to Lake Graham, which is obviously public. However, you have to have a Tennessee fishing license and a TWRA lake permit. The last bit of info is pretty basic, but maybe I shouldn't assume too much? lol

#1235546 - 03/13/09 09:42 PM Re: Lake Graham [Re: 4onaside]
RNDeLoach
Spike

Loc: Asheville, NC

Oh I have fished in that pond before. I did have permission though. It is a pretty good pond. I had several days where I would catch 5 or 6 over 5 pounds. It was a nice little hole to go to every now and then. It is dead in the middle of a neighborhood and you are pretty much fishing in people's backyard.

#1236901 - 03/14/09 05:56 PM Re: Lake Graham [Re: 4onaside]
Kevin
8 Point

Loc: Jackson, TN

Hey Kevin, don't know where you're from, but in this neck of the woods, you have to have permission to fish a private pond(which we of course assumed that you did!) lol
So now back to Lake Graham, which is obviously public. However, you have to have a Tennessee fishing license and a TWRA lake permit. The last bit of info is pretty basic, but maybe I shouldn't assume too much? lol

lol i know license requirements, and i know better than fishing in a private pond, but at the time i did not know it was private. I know now and will not be returning, but it was quiet an experience.

I know i should have asked someone. But sometimes you dont think things through.

I'm originally from charlotte, but i'll be in tennessee for the rest of my life.(hopefully)

A bad day fishing is better than a good day of work.

Roll Tide

#1239139 - 03/15/09 08:28 PM Re: Lake Graham [Re: Kevin]
4onaside
12 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Kevin

lol i know license requirements, and i know better than fishing in a private pond, but at the time i did not know it was private. I know now and will not be returning, but it was quiet an experience.

I know i should have asked someone. But sometimes you dont think things through.

I'm originally from charlotte, but i'll be in tennessee for the rest of my life.(hopefully)

Good man!

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Afleming17, 260rem, Hunter244, Woodsmaster, Tennessee Skeeter
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
130 registered (SES, Brisco Darlin, scn, huntinkev, Pic IN the Casa, wayne, 24 invisible) and 141 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
85072 Topics
1027947 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.222 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.