#1219513 - 03/05/09 10:53 PM Re: The Definition of Irony [Re: Tubakka]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Tubakka
None of this is personal

All evidence to the contrary...

Fact is gil, you have neither the catches or pics or expertise or brains to chime in on most of these conversations concerning the regulations in place, which is why...you don't.

Well, I've been waiting all this time for you to finally get one right, and you finally scored. Even a blind pig.... Of the many folks I have fished with on the Caney and elsewhere, I rank close to last as a catcherman. Never said any different.

I admit that your fish are huge. Only your ego surpasses your catch. Oh, and the weight of your illegal stringer, too (yeah, I brought it up, but you deserve it and people deserve to know that you bragged for weeks about breaking the game laws.) Talk about somebody with his head up his azz.

As to knowledge of the river, again, most of my cronies know a lot more about it than I do. I'm trying to learn as much as I can, but although I've fished many trout rivers all my life, I only just started fishing the Caney about 15 years ago. I have a ton to learn from the myriads that have been studying it much longer and harder.

On the other hand, I've been paying attention to the river for a while and have been very proactive in organizations whose best interest is our watersheds. I've spoken at many events and Commission meetings on behalf of the river and the topics which you say I won't discuss. I've released many thousands more Caney trout than you have ever caught.

Yes, I admit I am a chimpanzee in the Caney circus compared to the true experts. But you are the circus clown. You put on a show behind all that make-up, but it's all just so you can be on stage.

There is no truth or validity to most of your arguments. It's all musky misdirection and irrelevancy. You can't even get the obvious facts right. Your only concern is to feed your gargantuan ego. The river and its resources are irrelevant to you except in how they feed your ego and stomach. That, my weak friend, is why you are ALWAYS out there on that sick, afraid little Caney island of yours.

As always, no charge.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1219686 - 03/06/09 02:42 AM Re: The Definition of Irony [Re: gil1]
Tubakka
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Gil,
Rapper's truce....East coast/west coast...c'mon man.

What the world needs now is nub, tweet nub.

I'm not that bad a guy. just because you disagree with me doesn't make me a megalomaniacal Snidely Whiplash who subsists off the ritualistic pagan sacrifice of legal browns, does it? After all...they do taste good....

My chimpanzee remark, if you had the faintest abilities of detecting context clues, was not directed at your angling skill. Not at all; you're a niche angler, I respect that. It was directed at your insistency of slandering me whether or not I ever POST on this forum again, or the fact that if I choked on a bone from a 48" brown I steaked up and died, my name would still be dragged through the dirt by you and others and blamed for the Caney's current "tragic" state of affairs. It's simply not very polite.

I'm seriously tired of being slandered and run in the ground and spit on. That's what I meant by "assault" [jeez Troy, you and my high school english teacher should date, I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Literalistic...] It gets old...I just want to fish, state my opinion, and nuff said. If I've come across arrogant in the past, I'm sorry, I'll try to make it more clear that I'm not really, and I'm just in this game to learn and work hard and get to be the best angler I can be before I hear that dinner bell. I do think I have some knowledge to offer the people of this and other boards, but no more or less than anyone else.

Besides, last time I checked, these boards are about fishing reports and debates. I gave proposition to a compromise limit, and just got dragged through the dirt.

Sure, I love to argue, but not at the price of the comradery that angling should be known for. All I ask is that my name stop being used interchangeably with murder/rape/destruction in forums and posts. Seriously...I've not even fished that river since September. Give it a rest....you're not hurting anyone, especially not me.

Edited by Tubakka (03/06/09 10:01 AM)

#1219687 - 03/06/09 02:43 AM Re: The Definition of Irony [Re: Tubakka]
Tubakka
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

btw, I think Watchmen is one of the most fascinating movies I've seen in recent times. Especially after 3 Sparks....
#1219825 - 03/06/09 06:45 AM Re: The Definition of Irony [Re: Tubakka]
B.D.
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville TN

Tubs, you are practically an evangelist for harvesting big trout.

You're a nice guy, and we've even had friendly conversations on the river. Hopefully we will again. But as I've said before, we're going to butt heads on this issue. Since you've been indirectly referring to a post of mine throughout this whole thread, let's talk toe-to-toe about it.

Let me be clear. I did not say there are "no more big fish in the Caney." What I have said is that there are not as many big fish in the Caney as there were this time last year. The numbers have fallen noticeably.

Thus, when I pointed out that one of your "disciples" put a couple big fish in the freezer, there is no irony there. The numbers are down. The numbers are going further down because you have taught a LOT of people a few things that only a few people used to know about those big fish, and those people taught more people, etc.

The change has been that the majority of the trophy hunters 10 years ago believed in reasonable catch and release - maybe not all the time, but most of the time. YOU brought a bunch of people to the river and taught them to trophy hunt, AND you drilled it into their heads that "big browns taste good" and belong on the grill whenever you can get them.

Hell, you've repeated that "browns taste good" suggestion a couple times in this thread.

Bottom line for me:

1 brown per day over 24", slot on rainbows from 16" to 20". Keep the rainbow limit at 7. That's even more generous than the reg you proposed - how's that for compromise?

bd

Edited by Brian Dunigan (03/06/09 06:48 AM)

#1219916 - 03/06/09 07:37 AM Re: The Definition of Irony [Re: B.D.]
Headhunter
10 Point

Loc: LaVergne, TN USA

Tubs, you could break the world record every time you go fish, you could catch a hundred more of any fish than me or anyone else fishing the same way as I do or using some "super secret" you have, etc. and as far as I am concerned, you are a know it all egomaniac and if I had to listen to you and do you as say in order to fish or catch fish I would go play golf.

#1219944 - 03/06/09 07:51 AM Re: The Definition of Irony [Re: Tubakka]
madMax
4 Point

Loc: Middle TN

you'd see that if you'd get past your OWN ego, I have valid points.

I think this sentence coming from you is what makes this thread the "definition of irony". Even though I have encountered a few of the C & R "elite" myself on the few times I visit the Caney each year - I still dont go enough to have a dog in this fight. Think I'll stay away from that madhouse altogether this year...

#1220308 - 03/06/09 10:32 AM Re: The Definition of Irony [Re: ]
B.D.
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville TN

The Private Act on the Caney makes it virtually impossible to create any meaningful "zones" on the river. However, it doesn't affect any regulations which would apply to the entire river equally.

bd

#1221127 - 03/06/09 03:40 PM Re: The Definition of Irony [Re: B.D.]
OldHunter
6 Point

Loc: west tennessee

Man you guys need to come to Perryville and catch some Crappie and Bass.

No one cares what you keep or what you put back.

You might enjoy fishing again without looking over your shoulder.

#1221183 - 03/06/09 04:27 PM Re: The Definition of Irony [Re: B.D.]
bigluresonly
6 Point

Loc: Cookeville

Originally Posted By: Brian Dunigan

1 brown per day over 24", slot on rainbows from 16" to 20". Keep the rainbow limit at 7.

Got my vote on that one

#1221224 - 03/06/09 05:29 PM Re: The Definition of Irony [Re: bigluresonly]
OldHunter
6 Point

Loc: west tennessee

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
18 registered (papaw, cleatus2506, catman529, deergetter243, Master Chief, Zulu, 2 invisible) and 59 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89295 Topics
1044337 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.268 seconds in which 0.021 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.