Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#1209808 - 03/02/09 08:45 AM Re: Calling help [Re: REN]
REN
Good ol' Boys "Team Grizzly"
12 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

just to follow up on Game Eye's SET UP comments. I took out 2 guys last year that never really turkey hunted. It was the classic hunt!! I had scouted out 2 toms the night before and went and set up on a road bed at first light. Hit the owl call and BOOOOMMM they they were.

I knew i was between them and some hens, so i just called softly a few times and then a fly down cackle. They hit the ground strutting and came straight in to us. Got a double withing 12mins of legal shooting light.

Dropped those 2 off at the truck and went back to the back of the property. Found another LB strutting in a field with a few hens. he didnt seem to care for any hen calling so i broke out the TUBE call and he was hooked. He didnt like the thought of another LB near his ladies. He came in on a string and my buddy shot him 15mins after we set up.

the bad part of this awesome hunt was my buddies think this is how it is suppose to work all the time....boy were they in for a shock the rest of the season. Either way 3 birds down by 8am is by far the best hunt i have ever been on

John 3:16

#1209922 - 03/02/09 09:44 AM Re: Calling help [Re: REN]
BV
4 Point

Loc: Maury Co. TN

Originally Posted By: REN
just to follow up on Game Eye's SET UP comments. I took out 2 guys last year that never really turkey hunted. It was the classic hunt!! I had scouted out 2 toms the night before and went and set up on a road bed at first light. Hit the owl call and BOOOOMMM they they were.

I knew i was between them and some hens, so i just called softly a few times and then a fly down cackle. They hit the ground strutting and came straight in to us. Got a double withing 12mins of legal shooting light.

Dropped those 2 off at the truck and went back to the back of the property. Found another LB strutting in a field with a few hens. he didnt seem to care for any hen calling so i broke out the TUBE call and he was hooked. He didnt like the thought of another LB near his ladies. He came in on a string and my buddy shot him 15mins after we set up.

the bad part of this awesome hunt was my buddies think this is how it is suppose to work all the time....boy were they in for a shock the rest of the season. Either way 3 birds down by 8am is by far the best hunt i have ever been on

Thats Awesome!
Dont't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.- John Eldredge from the book Wild at Heart

#1211996 - 03/03/09 09:35 AM Re: Calling help [Re: BV]
BigGame
10 Point

Loc: Humphreys,TN

Listen to the hens and do what they do. Dont overcall. Most times when it comes to calling less is more.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
mikescooterhester, PinkCamo, shaneb, Mr.Squirrel, Tadtad2!
13172 Registered Users
Who's Online
119 registered (Vermin93, TnKen, Double00, feldmutze, catman529, walker, 22 invisible) and 142 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13172 Members
42 Forums
90825 Topics
1060671 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.205 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.