Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#1202239 - 02/26/09 11:39 AM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: B.D.]
Tennessee Todd
Duffer
16 Point

Loc: TuTu City, Tn

gil,

Please don't apologize for hijacking threads. The pics are worth it.

LOL....

#1202500 - 02/26/09 02:26 PM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: Tennessee Todd]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

content Online
Gil- Not to continue the hijack, but the reason I asked is that cat has western ears. Of the six or eight I have killed, the two from western states have ears like that. When you get your WO can back, compare the ears. The only black one I ever killed didn't have any ears at all. (You may have to think about that one for a while.)

Now on with the dead fish discussion.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#1202548 - 02/26/09 02:45 PM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: bowriter]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

content Online
This is Gil's last bobcat.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#1202769 - 02/26/09 05:34 PM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: bowriter]
B.D.
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville TN

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug."

-- Rick James

#1204359 - 02/27/09 01:52 PM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: B.D.]
B.D.
8 Point

Incidentally, did anyone watch Southern Woods and Waters last night? They actually had a couple TWRA biologists on talking about a brand new study just completed on delayed mortality for bass caught in tournaments.

Basically the biologists suggested that once the water gets warm in the summer, you might as well take them to a fillet table instead of releasing them. Otherwise, they said, you're just wasting fish.

Interesting, no?

bd

#1204523 - 02/27/09 04:01 PM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: B.D.]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Brian Dunigan
I like seeing bobcats in the wild. My bobcat viewing doesn't affect your bobcat hunting negatively, but your bobcat harvest does negatively impact my bobcat viewing. Seeing a live bobcat in the wild is a much more rare and special experience than catching a 15" trout. \:\)

bd

Counselor - It would be a solid argument if you bobcat watchers had to buy a license like we hunters do. \:D Boy, talk about the potential for completely hijacking a thread!

Reminds me of an old joke.
Bird watcher - I love to watch birds.
Redneck hunter - Watch 'em what?

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1204532 - 02/27/09 04:06 PM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: bowriter]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: bowriter
Gil- Not to continue the hijack, but the reason I asked is that cat has western ears. Of the six or eight I have killed, the two from western states have ears like that. When you get your WO can back, compare the ears. The only black one I ever killed didn't have any ears at all. (You may have to think about that one for a while.)

Now on with the dead fish discussion.

No, I like bobcat threads better.

Here's the cat after I killed it. I don't know what bobcat ears are supposed to look like, but I promise you my taxidermist doesn't either. \:D
It wouldn't surprise me at all if my taxidermist gave me one he got out of a pawn shop out west anyway.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1204539 - 02/27/09 04:10 PM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: B.D.]
gil1
12 Point

Incidentally, did anyone watch Southern Woods and Waters last night? They actually had a couple TWRA biologists on talking about a brand new study just completed on delayed mortality for bass caught in tournaments.

Basically the biologists suggested that once the water gets warm in the summer, you might as well take them to a fillet table instead of releasing them. Otherwise, they said, you're just wasting fish.

Interesting, no?

bd

Yes, interesting. As a fish hugger, I think we shouldn't be able to use hooks anymore. We should just have our flies and plugs hookless like the pros pre-fishing the tournaments. That way, none would ever get hurt, only slightly inconvenienced. \:D

Think I'll go talk to my plants for a while so they are happy. \:D

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1206306 - 02/28/09 12:29 PM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: gil1]
B.D.
8 Point

Originally Posted By: gil1

Counselor - It would be a solid argument if you bobcat watchers had to buy a license like we hunters do.

Forgive my ignorance because I don't predator hunt. Do you have to buy some license to shoot bobcats other than the Type 01 that I buy to fish every year?

bd

#1206504 - 02/28/09 03:11 PM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: B.D.]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: gil1

Counselor - It would be a solid argument if you bobcat watchers had to buy a license like we hunters do.

Forgive my ignorance because I don't predator hunt. Do you have to buy some license to shoot bobcats other than the Type 01 that I buy to fish every year?

bd

No problem on your ignorance. \:D

True dat. Anyone who buys a regular 001 hunting and fishing license can hunt armadillo, skunk, bullfrog, coon, possum, nutria, otter, bobcat, fox, yote and tons more fun stuff.

But... you can jest sit around and watch all dem possums n frogs n such fo free. So git after dat cat viewing if'n ya wanna. No charge. ;\)

Dr. Saxton Pope

Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
46 registered (DaveB, smalljawbasser, Steverino, memfuzz, RodBone75, 94user, 3 invisible) and 65 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
91006 Topics
1063471 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.