Page 7 of 7 « First<34567
Topic Options
#1210887 - 03/02/09 06:03 PM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: B.D.]
madMax
4 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Brian Dunigan
 Originally Posted By: MaxD

We stock trout by the gazzillion. I havent even had a chance to see a wild bobcat before, and dont think the TWRA will be stocking them wild into the woods anytime soon.

I will go on record right now and say I will gladly triple what I pay for a hunting/fishing license every year if we can get TWRA to start stocking bobcats by the gazillion. I propose the middle of Brentwood as the first stocking site. I will pay extra if we can throw in some tigers too.

bd

Thanks for the smartazz post. I only disagree with hunters on one thing. Which would be killing any animal for a reason other than A)Eating it. B)The animal is threatening or dangerous to people/property/agriculture etc. In other words, its has to be done. Shucks, guess thats about 5 things.

I keep a few big trout a year and you guys dont - you hunt a few bobcats and I dont, call a truce? Sorry for hijacking the hijack

#1210988 - 03/02/09 06:53 PM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: bowriter]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: bowriter
Gil- Continuing with the hijack. Those last pictures you posted are cats with eastern ears. Very plain difference. That is not, can't be, the same cat as the one in the aborted taxidermy attempt.

You done been shucked and jived and I'll go wid you and we'll pop a cap in hiz azze.

RU friggin' kidding me!!??

I won't get into it on this thread, but I went through hell getting that thing mounted and it wasn't even the form or pose that I asked for (he gave me some excuse about the hole being too big to mount it the way I wanted). Which explains why it's not the right cat. Besides the fact that the mount is terrible!
I'm seriously pissed. The only saving grace is that it's the funniest looking thing most of us have ever seen!

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1211020 - 03/02/09 07:13 PM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: madMax]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Brian Dunigan

We stock trout by the gazzillion. I havent even had a chance to see a wild bobcat before, and dont think the TWRA will be stocking them wild into the woods anytime soon.

I will go on record right now and say I will gladly triple what I pay for a hunting/fishing license every year if we can get TWRA to start stocking bobcats by the gazillion. I propose the middle of Brentwood as the first stocking site. I will pay extra if we can throw in some tigers too.

bd

Thanks for the smartazz post. You know - I definitely disagree with you fly only trouthuggers on ALOT of things. I only disagree with hunters on one thing. Which would be killing any animal for a reason other than A)Eating it. B)The animal is threatening or dangerous to people/property/agriculture etc. In other words, its has to be done. Shucks, guess thats about 5 things.

Now if Gil is cappin' bobcats that are sneaking up on his backporch and trying to gank his new puppy dog, then BANG BANG shoot away. JMO of course - just dont give me the evil eye when I carry home a few 20" trout 1 or 2x a year...well most of you just cuss me behind my back from your boats.

One of my first posts on tndeer was asking for justification for killing yotes and tossing them in a ditch. As you can imagine, on this site, the responses were unfavorable.

One of the responses for why they kill stuff not for consumption was "cause I likes to watch 'em flop!" I had to laugh out loud at that one. Another was - "I am the king of all beasts. I like being on the top of the food chain. I don't need to explain why I kill stuff within the law."

I'm a lot more cerebral and sympathetic and soft than that, but I still kill for sport. I know it doesn't answer the question, but I respect and actually love the animals I kill and don't like waste. I have mounted, eaten, or used for fly tying everything I've ever killed. I hate it when folks arrow carp and toss them on the bank. Seems like they should be used or eaten somehow. Yes, I'm Gil and I'm a carp hugger.

By the way, Dunigan isn't fly-only and neither am I. But I get your drift and your argument has merit.

I would never cuss you behind your back for carrying home 20 inch trout. See if you can figure that one out. \:D

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1211811 - 03/03/09 08:22 AM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: madMax]
B.D.
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville TN

Thanks for the smartazz post.

Grab the lifeline:

bd

Edited by Brian Dunigan (03/03/09 08:22 AM)

#1217824 - 03/05/09 12:27 PM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: B.D.]
Tennessee Todd
Communicates like Rad
16 Point

Loc: TuTu City, Tn

To the top in case someone else wants to give gil some crap for shooting a bobcat...... LOL....

#1217837 - 03/05/09 12:33 PM Re: Tournament Fish Die? [Re: Tennessee Todd]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Tennessee Todd
To the top in case someone else wants to give gil some crap for shooting a bobcat...... LOL....

I think you might have been the "cause I likes to watch him flop" guy. Thanks for piling on! \:D

Dr. Saxton Pope

Page 7 of 7 « First<34567

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Jgard, JD1278, BGB, Mopartech, Skeeter1
13524 Registered Users
Who's Online
176 registered (jaybird62, Deer Assassin, BULL MOOSE, alwaysoutdoors, tn_duckman, junebugwapiti, 13 invisible) and 240 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13524 Members
42 Forums
98858 Topics
1161767 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.092 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.