Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#1196279 - 02/23/09 09:55 AM Ole Skeet pulled it off
Tennessee Todd
Duffer
16 Point

Loc: TuTu City, Tn

Anybody watch the Classic? It was good to see Skeet Reese pull it off over Ike in the end. Alot of big fish drama the last hour.

Also, glad to see Aaron Martens not win. I swear he seems more and more like a cry baby every year.

Plus, Kim Bain beat Byron Velvick too! \:D

#1196309 - 02/23/09 10:17 AM Re: Ole Skeet pulled it off [Re: Tennessee Todd]
Taylor Administrator
10 Point

Loc: Brownsville, Tennessee

I not that big a fan of Skeet, though he can obviously play the game very well.
#1196389 - 02/23/09 11:06 AM Re: Ole Skeet pulled it off [Re: Taylor]
Headhunter
10 Point

Loc: LaVergne, TN USA

My brother is a good friend of Skeet's. He says it would be harder to meet a nicer guy. He also said he asked Skeet where did all of his hair go? He also told that Mike Iaconelli (spelling?) was definitely one of the nicest pros out there, especially around the kids.

#1196440 - 02/23/09 11:41 AM Re: Ole Skeet pulled it off [Re: Headhunter]
Taylor Administrator
10 Point

I was at Classic show once, Birmingham, I think, and was standing there and heard Skeet go off about another pro. He said some really cruel stuff about the guy.

(Obviously, he didn't know I knew who he was talking about.)

Reese was standing there in a line with about 3-5 people in front of him.
The other pro had a line of autograph seekers that was like an hour or more long.

It was jealousy. Poor and simple.

Then, later...I am watching that ESPN Angler of All Time promo or whatever it was on TV. They have a panel that talks about who should be ranked in this all-time angler club and who should not.

Skeet was on there as a panel member, and again, he said some really hateful and needless things about this same pro. It was like he went out of his way to say it, too.

If I hadn't overheard his performance at the Classic, I would never have thought anything about it, but...

As I mentioned, I know the other pro angler and I did not mention it to him what happened. (He probably would not care, anyway.) But I do know I have never heard the unnamed angler say anything about Reese.

Ego. It can be good. And it can be bad.

Edited by Taylor (02/23/09 11:42 AM)

#1196543 - 02/23/09 12:49 PM Re: Ole Skeet pulled it off [Re: Taylor]
TN Larry
10 Point

Loc: Baxter, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Taylor
I was at Classic show once, Birmingham, I think, and was standing there and heard Skeet go off about another pro. He said some really cruel stuff about the guy.

(Obviously, he didn't know I knew who he was talking about.)

Reese was standing there in a line with about 3-5 people in front of him.
The other pro had a line of autograph seekers that was like an hour or more long.

It was jealousy. Poor and simple.

Then, later...I am watching that ESPN Angler of All Time promo or whatever it was on TV. They have a panel that talks about who should be ranked in this all-time angler club and who should not.

Skeet was on there as a panel member, and again, he said some really hateful and needless things about this same pro. It was like he went out of his way to say it, too.

If I hadn't overheard his performance at the Classic, I would never have thought anything about it, but...

As I mentioned, I know the other pro angler and I did not mention it to him what happened. (He probably would not care, anyway.) But I do know I have never heard the unnamed angler say anything about Reese.

Ego. It can be good. And it can be bad.

Was the other pro KVD? I have kind of got the feeling that Skeet does not like him.

#1196573 - 02/23/09 01:06 PM Re: Ole Skeet pulled it off [Re: TN Larry]
Taylor Administrator
10 Point

No, it wasn't KVD.
But if I had to compete against KVD, I probably would probably have a hard time liking him, too!!!

LOL.

I say, never count KVD out! If there is water and (a) fish, he has a chance to win.

Again, I think the Reese incidents were centered more on ego, than anything. And now that he has an Angler of the Year title and a Classic win, maybe there is nothing to it. No need for jealousy.

Maybe now Reese will have more than a few people standing around wanting his autograph? And he certainly won't miss me not being a fan.

But his comments at the time seemed way out of line..."hater" might be the term folks would use today.

I was just a bystander (a friend was with me and also heard it), but Reese made an impression on me...a bad one.

Kind of like the time Roland Martin wouldn't fish with the dying kid or whatever that incident was.

Ah, but who cares about public image these days? "Speak of me...bad or good, just be sure to speak of me," seems to be the sentiment today.

Edited by Taylor (02/23/09 01:11 PM)

#1196588 - 02/23/09 01:14 PM Re: Ole Skeet pulled it off [Re: Taylor]
Headhunter
10 Point

Loc: LaVergne, TN USA

Taylor, I know nothing about many of them, my own personal experience with any pro was a few years ago. I will not speak to Bill Dance. Jimmy Houston, Kevin Van Dam to name a couple were as nice as any 2 people I have ever met.
My brother deals with them every other weekend. He works FLW's, Bassmaster elites and redfish tournaments depending. Of course they may be nice to him since he is the motor man, but all of the top pros seem to be okay from what I know from him.
My own personal feelings about professional fishermen and "hunters", other being paid there is nothing professional about them. Any of us could catch the fish or kill the animal the majority of the time they do any "great feat". I could never do some of the things true athletes do, i.e. michael jordan, larry bird, tiger woods, peyton manning, usain bolt, etc.

#1196684 - 02/23/09 02:34 PM Re: Ole Skeet pulled it off [Re: Headhunter]
Tennessee Todd
Duffer
16 Point

Loc: TuTu City, Tn

When it comes to anglers, you won't find a bigger peckerwood than Dr. Dickel. \:D

#1196701 - 02/23/09 02:47 PM Re: Ole Skeet pulled it off [Re: Tennessee Todd]
showmehorns
16 Point

Loc: usually in the woods

Originally Posted By: Tennessee Todd
When it comes to anglers, you won't find a bigger peckerwood than Dr. Dickel. \:D

#1196862 - 02/23/09 04:38 PM Re: Ole Skeet pulled it off [Re: ]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Well, that's true. DD is a peckerwood. I guess through the years I've been forced to associate with a bunch of them. Most, I found to be pretty good guys. I tend to shy away from the ones with blonde hair.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30, fallshollow270
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
101 registered (DEER REPELLANT, Ed B, Grill-n-man, redheadshooter, Buzzard, 1908_Cubbies, 11 invisible) and 129 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
88886 Topics
1039792 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.224 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.