Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 12 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#1188434 - 02/18/09 04:39 PM Re: Caney Fork [Re: B.D.]
bigluresonly
6 Point

Loc: Cookeville

I don't believe that BD. I have never known shoreman to blow past another guy fishing from a boat without being waived on.
#1188438 - 02/18/09 04:40 PM Re: Caney Fork [Re: B.D.]
~RIK~
Button

Loc: TN

All these were caught over the past 3 months. We've been averaging 2 fish over 20" each trip with the largest measuring 24" and weighing 6lbs. We've seen several larger fish including one that made it all the way to the boat and broke off on the trolling motor.

Edited by ~RIK~ (02/18/09 07:41 PM)

#1188465 - 02/18/09 04:59 PM Re: Caney Fork [Re: ~RIK~]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

great fish RIK

#1188503 - 02/18/09 05:34 PM Re: Caney Fork [Re: smstone22]
go_okfishin
6 Point

Loc: Bellevue

I know of some big ones being caught too. Some people are just tired of fighting about it on the internet and keeping quiet.

#1188595 - 02/18/09 06:05 PM Re: Caney Fork [Re: B.D.]
shorefisherman
6 Point

Loc: West SSiiide Putnam Co.

my badd...bd, didnt know that was you. i dont recall seeing your boat u must have been in some other boat, but i passed that boat u were in on a plane cuz i thought it was safe to do so on that slow wide stretch and that boat was a good size, i think i have a good river ettiquite just ask gil when i passed him with 4 ft wake behind me at 3 gens \:D

wait wait.......thats right..... if i remember right i didnt see any fly fishermans that day u were castin them big o jerkbaits......awwwman dont let your fellow flyanglers find out or u might get outcasted.....j/k \:\)

but bottom line they are still bunch in there and thats a fact.

#1188656 - 02/18/09 06:33 PM Re: Caney Fork [Re: B.D.]
shorefisherman
6 Point

Loc: West SSiiide Putnam Co.

Originally Posted By: Brian Dunigan
I fish fly gear these days, but I figured out the jerkbait deal long before Tuba set foot on the Caney. To me, it's just not as enjoyable a way to fish.

that just reminded me how i met tubz coulple years ago at the dam. while i was tossin a rapala, i lost the only lure on a fish and he was there doin the same thing and offered whatever he had in his tackle box, were friends ever since...but he is a charactor though \:D

but every fishermen are trophy hunters wether they admitted or not, i am ,so im going to choose the most efficient way for me to achieve that!

#1188781 - 02/18/09 07:41 PM Re: Caney Fork [Re: go_okfishin]
trealtree
16 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: gookfishin
I know of some big ones being caught too. Some people are just tired of fighting about it on the internet and keeping quiet.

It looks like you hit the nail on the head.. \:\)

#1188790 - 02/18/09 07:45 PM Re: Caney Fork [Re: B.D.]
~RIK~
Button

Loc: TN

#1192456 - 02/20/09 11:42 AM Re: Caney Fork [Re: gil1]
Tubakka
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

This is not what fishing is about...

...at all.

My posts may be long-winded and a bit abrasive, but they face issues that must be addressed. TU has done things in the past as a special interest group that while they are well intentioned and do GREAT things in the educational department and their programs to get the youth involved are excellent...they take very little consideration for those outside their school of thought historically. This can be said for ANY outdoor special interest group, period, so it's not some new sin, and I guess it is inherent in any such organization. Muskies Inc. only cares about muskies which is why they get put into bodies of waater they should, bass organizations try to keep such fish out even in waters where such a predator would AUGMENT their own fishery because all they care about is THEIR fish. That's just the nature of the beast. I never once said or implied I was the best. I still believe Buck Perry was THE pioneer of modern angling and can support indefinitely with information, and I doubt any of you have ever done the research yourself to ask the pros in the field, from JOe Bucher in muskies and walleyes, to the top BASS pros, to the Linders, who the real man is. Sorry that I had some special insight into the life of that man, but I only wanted to share what I knew. I never intended to parade that as some kind of trophy. Lord knows I am no Buck...but that knowledge has allowed me to be a much better angler than I ever could've been otherwise, and I feel like I owe it to him and his legacy to give him credit, and find it appalling that most in fishing don't even know who he is...and even worse that now after he passed away he's finally getting credit he should've had the time he was alive.

That's my only perspective on that, and will never apologize for that. I do apologize for rubbing anyone the wrong way on anything else. Go fish. Have fun. See you on the water.

#1192689 - 02/20/09 02:12 PM Re: Caney Fork [Re: Tubakka]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

My posts may be long-winded and a bit abrasive, but they face issues that must be addressed. TU has done things in the past as a special interest group that while they are well intentioned and do GREAT things in the educational department and their programs to get the youth involved are excellent...they take very little consideration for those outside their school of thought historically.

This can be said for ANY outdoor special interest group, period, so it's not some new sin, and I guess it is inherent in any such organization. Muskies Inc. only cares about muskies which is why they get put into bodies of waater they should, bass organizations try to keep such fish out even in waters where such a predator would AUGMENT their own fishery because all they care about is THEIR fish. That's just the nature of the beast.

I never once said or implied I was the best. I still believe Buck Perry was THE pioneer of modern angling and can support indefinitely with information, and I doubt any of you have ever done the research yourself to ask the pros in the field, from JOe Bucher in muskies and walleyes, to the top BASS pros, to the Linders, who the real man is.

Sorry that I had some special insight into the life of that man, but I only wanted to share what I knew. I never intended to parade that as some kind of trophy. Lord knows I am no Buck...but that knowledge has allowed me to be a much better angler than I ever could've been otherwise, and I feel like I owe it to him and his legacy to give him credit, and find it appalling that most in fishing don't even know who he is...and even worse that now after he passed away he's finally getting credit he should've had the time he was alive.

Here read it after I broke it into paragraphs. \:\) But Tubs, Buck Perry was not the pioneer of modern angling. He wasn't even very good at it.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

Page 6 of 12 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
81 registered (250sav, mrw, cbhunter, redhunterZ71, stylishblueticks, Still-n-Quiet, 15 invisible) and 85 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
91018 Topics
1063665 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.041 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.