Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#1128734 - 01/14/09 11:53 AM Re: Just ordered my first bow!! [Re: richmanbarbeque]
UTGrad
14 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

content Online
 Originally Posted By: richmanbarbeque
Cabelas is not in trouble. He said that because he was upset that he spent time with you and you went elsewhere to buy it. I would be upset as well. He WILL NOtT give you as good of service from here on out. Did you ask him if he would match their price? rookie move on your part. Like cheating on your girl friend. Ha!

$200.00 price difference isn't really a rookie move, I am not made of money.

#1128962 - 01/14/09 02:31 PM Re: Just ordered my first bow!! [Re: JeepKuntry]
LCU
10 Point

Loc: Maury Co

Originally Posted By: JeepKuntry
I gotta agree with the others. Because you bought the bow elsewhere, your not gonna get as good of service. Even if you buy the accessories. I'm not familiar with BPS but some places get a kickback for selling bows, guns, larger dollar amounts. With all that being said, hopefully the bow is a good match/starter bow for you.

I did buy a Drenalin bare bow used off the net. Saved me half the price of a new bow. Huge savings.

I took the bow to a small but good Mathews dealer and bought sights, quiver, rest, stab, release, string sup,and a dozen Carbon Express Maxima arrows,and broadheads. Block 4X4.
Several hundred dollars of stuff.

I went with the Qad Pro rest,and everything top of the line.
Spent much more on the accessories than what I paid for the bow itself.

I told them up front that I bought the bow used,and would buy everything to set the bow up from the,including the labor to install everything.

They said they appreciated the business,and refused to charge me labor to do the work.
Point is that they made a large sale,and I go back to them for everything hunting realted including the Rocky boots I wear.

I see your point,but can tell you I did not buy my bow from the,but they are giving me excellent,IMO, above average service.

And I tell everyone about them.
Lawsons in Loretto.
Ask for Wade
Glock

It's all about the hunt.
Taking game is just a bonus.

It's the Indian,and not the Arrow.

#1129006 - 01/14/09 02:53 PM Re: Just ordered my first bow!! [Re: LCU]
Radar
Non-Typical

Loc: Kansas City, Mo.

You really can't compare a package deal to a bare bow . Accessories will add up quick , especially when you will be charged setup cost now . ;\)
Arrows - $60
Broadheads- $25
Tru Glo Extreme- $40
Hostage Pro- $60
Sling- $8
Peep sight- $5
STS - $40
Kwickee quiver- $28
Simms S-coil stabilizer- $16
String Loop = $3
= $225 min.
In addition to setup costs of $50 or more depending on where you go and how much setup and tuning they do .

Good luck with you bow , UTgrad .

#1129043 - 01/14/09 03:08 PM Re: Just ordered my first bow!! [Re: Radar]
LCU
10 Point

A bow is not something I would ever buy at Bass Pro.
Don't want them setting my bow up,and doing work on it.

Find a good local bow shop that cares about their customers,and stick with them.
Glock

It's all about the hunt.

#1129076 - 01/14/09 03:15 PM Re: Just ordered my first bow!! [Re: LCU]
Radar
Non-Typical

Loc: Kansas City, Mo.

Originally Posted By: LCU
A bow is not something I would ever buy at Bass Pro.
Don't want them setting my bow up,and doing work on it.

Find a good local bow shop that cares about their customers,and stick with them.

Proshops cannot remain in business with shoppers buying their bows online . ;\) We lost some good ones here in Tn. last year for the same reasons as I stated earlier .

#1129325 - 01/14/09 05:49 PM Re: Just ordered my first bow!! [Re: Buckblaster]
LCU
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Buckblaster
String stop system. string supressor.

I have a Duravane. The model with the harmonic dampener.
I put in on and take if off. Can't decide it if does much.
My Drenalin is so vibration free as it is.

Logic tells me it should work. I have it on now. Be sure to use a serving, or the string wear is noticable.
Glock

It's all about the hunt.

#1129483 - 01/14/09 07:11 PM Re: Just ordered my first bow!! [Re: Radar]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

confused Online
 Originally Posted By: Radar
 Originally Posted By: richmanbarbeque
Cabelas is not in trouble. He said that because he was upset that he spent time with you and you went elsewhere to buy it. I would be upset as well. He WILL NOtT give you as good of service from here on out. Did you ask him if he would match their price? rookie move on your part. Like cheating on your girl friend. Ha!

Against the advise of many members of this forum . These types of "business decisions" are what drives many good proshops out of business . Customers go into a proshop ,and the bow tech measures the person's draw length and sets up a few bows for testing . After the customer chooses the bow , they find it online a little cheaper . Don't expect great service at BPS . You will pay more in the long run.
I'm happy you got a bow , but not the method you went about it .Probably not a good move in the long run .

i would gladly pay more in price for the service and knowledge you get in a proshop. if i were the BPS tech, i would tell you to take it to cabelas.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#1129540 - 01/14/09 07:41 PM Re: Just ordered my first bow!! [Re: Buckblaster]
pjridge
8 Point

Loc: PC

Congrats. Have fun..

#1129572 - 01/14/09 07:56 PM Re: Just ordered my first bow!! [Re: pjridge]
UTGrad
14 Point

content Online
Well, maybe I am just crazy but this is a free enterprise economic system. As I said, if it was a matter of $50.00, I would of purchased bow on sight, but the same bow without any accessories at BPS is $100.00 more plus local sales tax. Anyways I am pumped about my new bow.
#1129581 - 01/14/09 08:01 PM Re: Just ordered my first bow!! [Re: Radar]
UTGrad
14 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Radar
You really can't compare a package deal to a bare bow . Accessories will add up quick , especially when you will be charged setup cost now . ;\)
Arrows - $60
Broadheads- $25
Tru Glo Extreme- $40
Hostage Pro- $60
Sling- $8
Peep sight- $5
STS - $40
Kwickee quiver- $28
Simms S-coil stabilizer- $16
String Loop = $3
= $225 min.
In addition to setup costs of $50 or more depending on where you go and how much setup and tuning they do .

Good luck with you bow , UTgrad .

Thanks, I think this bow will be a shooter. One thing I will add is it is better to start with a bare bow and throw on good accessories up front than by the package bow at a higher price then replace most of the accessories. I figured out after stopping into BPS today what the difference would have been. I saved about $100.00 going the route I went.

The guy at Bass Pro is a honest guy and told me that he has done the same thing I did. He said, "Man, if I can find a good deal like that I would take it". He said when I am ready bring it by and he would be happy to set it up for $20 set up fee. I'm in good shape now.

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Tennessee Todd, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
swampdonkey83, chrisp711, DEH20, tomtalker, jg12
13193 Registered Users
Who's Online
100 registered (Pic IN the Casa, caretaker, mrjim43, UTGrad, eandadad, 280longshot, 13 invisible) and 116 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13193 Members
42 Forums
91323 Topics
1067567 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.041 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.