#1018344 - 11/08/08 11:32 PM Re: Trout filets [Re: .280win]
.280win
4 Point

Loc: Nashville, Tennessee

#1033711 - 11/16/08 11:56 PM Re: Trout filets [Re: .280win]
scope eye
8 Point

Loc: martin

The ones they stock here in Martin are only 14 to 15 inches long.
I fillet them the same way I do anything else. When you fry them up you can't even tell those little bones are there. I didn't believe it until I tried it.

#1034187 - 11/17/08 09:10 AM Re: Trout filets [Re: scope eye]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: scope eye
I fillet them the same way I do anything else. When you fry them up you can't even tell those little bones are there. I didn't believe it until I tried it.

Only 14-15 inches long? Dang, what river are you fishing? The trout stocked in most of the rivers I fish are 6-10 inches.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1034325 - 11/17/08 10:18 AM Re: Trout filets [Re: gil1]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

Originally Posted By: gil1

Only 14-15 inches long? Dang, what river are you fishing? The trout stocked in most of the rivers I fish are 6-10 inches.
I think that he is fishing the same sources that are available to all of the rest of us West Tennessee flatlanders, that is, the TWRA's winter stocking program, small city park ponds, etc. This may seem like fish in a barrel to all of you Caney types, but it is what we have available without having to drive 200 miles plus to trout fish, and I am grateful to the TWRA for having such a program in place. And, the stockers that we get are usually pretty good size, many 12"ers+.

Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish proverb

#1034334 - 11/17/08 10:21 AM Re: Trout filets [Re: 4onaside]
scope eye
8 Point

Loc: martin

Martin City Park;
it's just a big pond
winter stocking
caught one last year that weighed approx. 3 lbs \:D
it was the only big one they threw in that time

#1034404 - 11/17/08 10:55 AM Re: Trout filets [Re: 4onaside]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: 4onaside

I think that he is fishing the same sources that are available to all of the rest of us West Tennessee flatlanders, that is, the TWRA's winter stocking program, small city park ponds, etc. This may seem like fish in a barrel to all of you Caney types, but it is what we have available without having to drive 200 miles plus to trout fish, and I am grateful to the TWRA for having such a program in place. And, the stockers that we get are usually pretty good size, many 12"ers+.

Caney types?! Time to take you out behind the wood shed again, 4! \:D I'm just a fishin' type.

No. I wasn't dissing the urban stocking program, I just didn't realize they let the trout grow so big before they released them.

Although I have some objections to the idea of the program, I think the benefits outweigh the negatives big-time.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1034535 - 11/17/08 11:51 AM Re: Trout filets [Re: gil1]
4onaside
12 Point

Caney types?! Time to take you out behind the wood shed again, 4! \:D I'm just a fishin' type.

No. I wasn't dissing the urban stocking program, I just didn't realize they let the trout grow so big before they released them.

Although I have some objections to the idea of the program, I think the benefits outweigh the negatives big-time.
Hey man, relative to all of us who have never fished the Caney you are a Caney type,lol. I believe that you have fished it a time or two? And, if you will note, the overwhelming subject of trout fishing on this forum is the Caney. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not knocking it, and if it were somewhere closer than 250 miles from my home, I would be right in there amongst them. But, the whole intent of the winter stocking program was to bring trout fishing within range of all of us unfortunates. Its fun, and it gives us some fishing opportunities(my winter trout opportunity is 12 miles from my house), at a time of year when there is not much else going on in the fishing sport. All of this, just because I was looking for a way to actually come up with a boneless trout fillet! lol

Polish proverb

#1035189 - 11/17/08 04:18 PM Re: Trout filets [Re: 4onaside]
gil1
12 Point

Hey man, relative to all of us who have never fished the Caney you are a Caney type,lol. I believe that you have fished it a time or two? And, if you will note, the overwhelming subject of trout fishing on this forum is the Caney. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not knocking it, and if it were somewhere closer than 250 miles from my home, I would be right in there amongst them. But, the whole intent of the winter stocking program was to bring trout fishing within range of all of us unfortunates. Its fun, and it gives us some fishing opportunities(my winter trout opportunity is 12 miles from my house), at a time of year when there is not much else going on in the fishing sport. All of this, just because I was looking for a way to actually come up with a boneless trout fillet! lol

Kind of crazy, but the Caney is like a black hole on this site. Everything gets sucked into it. It seems like if you start a thread on how to bill fish in Mexico, you've to go through the Caney somehow before you are allowed to get an answer! \:D

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1037316 - 11/18/08 02:02 PM Re: Trout filets [Re: gil1]
Hawk
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: west tenn.

Gil could you give some tips on how to bill fish in Mexico. \:\)

#1037641 - 11/18/08 05:19 PM Re: Trout filets [Re: Hawk]
4onaside
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Hawk
Gil could you give some tips on how to bill fish in Mexico. \:\)
Well, you put in at the dam, when there is only one generator going. Wait a minute, here we go again!

Polish proverb

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
13 registered (dh1984, ImThere, paincave_2000, catman529, Countryboy0626, Vermin93, 3 invisible) and 48 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89172 Topics
1042828 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.279 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.