Y'all and your crappies...

Crow Terminator

I can't figure them out. At least not from the kayak and bank. I'm jealous!! I'm gonna have to buy a boat.

I can however, catch these. They aren't as good tasting (to me) as crappie but they ain't bad either.

Attachments

• 20201205_195801.jpg
    20201205_195801.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 91

Omega

Those are some good eating as well. With crappie, IMO, it is about presentation. When I started fishing for them in NC, I would get frustrated because they would be catching them all around me, and, I thought, I was using the same rig. It wasn't until I snagged an old rig that I figured I was not quite rigging it the same.

Crow Terminator

Back around 12-13 years ago I had a boat and learned to catch crappie pretty well. My favorite two techniques were vertical jigging deep water and fishing tree tops. I've not figured out a productive way to do that out of a kayak just due to boat control limitations. Thus why I am in the process of finding and going to buy a 14 foot or so flat bottom jonboat. It will be a huge step up from my kayak and allows me to put a trolling motor on it. That will suffice until I can get a boat like what I really want. Plus still allow me to fish small waters