Where are the deer?

HottyToddy

I'm new to deer hunting (2 seasons) and new to TN (10 months). When we moved here in august, and all through the fall and early parts of winter, there were deer everywhere. Driving down any road not in the city, you'd see deer on the side of the road. Taking the dogs for a walk we'd see deer. Ever since about February, I've seen little to no deer. I know they're still alive, but where do they go? Is it temperature based and they're only moving in the night now?

This is just out of curiosity in general daily sightings. Not referring to trail cams/scouting. I'm just curious about deer habits throughout the year. If anyone has rough month by month guidelines of where/when they move that would be awesome.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Right now does are breaking up to raise fawns in their fawning grounds. Late winter deer will shift with the food. By summer time they will be back into a cycle where you are seeing them around food sources and cover, and they will start grouping up more as the food is more abundant

Swampster

I'm not actively seeing them, but cover is abundant now. I notice that they appear to be really browsing the jewelweed right now.

Latest posts