Trouble with the TWRA app

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairchaser

I was checking in my turkey on the app and when it comes to spur length and beard length, the menu that pops up only allows you to go up to 15/16 ths. I tried every which way and couldn't get it converted to inches. I didn't want to fail to check in my bird, so the spur length and beard length are both 15/16 long. What am I doing wrong? Please help!

scn

Sorry, I have no idea. You can take it to a check station. Call your Regional office or the wildlife division after 8 in the morning to see what the issue might be.

If you checked it in with the wrong data, call your Regional office in the morning and they can probably straighten it out.

scn

I just checked mine in from this morning and used the app rather than the computer like I normally do to try to understand your problem. It only took a minute or so to get it done. On the spur length, if it isn't an inch, put in 0 and then it will take you to the next line with increments in 1/16". I didn't see an example of what is messing you up.

TN Larry

I had the same issue with my son's juvenile turkey on the beard length. I had no option to enter anything except for choosing increments of 1/16". His got checked in as 15/16" beard as I had no other option.

scn

TN Larry":1xy35c02 said:
I had the same issue with my son's juvenile turkey on the beard length. I had no option to enter anything except for choosing increments of 1/16". His got checked in as 15/16" beard as I had no other option.

In the version of the app I am seeing, there are two boxes for measurements for both spur and beard lengths. When you "click " on the first box that is labeled as inches, it brings up a screen with whole numbers 0 -9. The next box is labeled as increments and has the "rolling" listing of increments of 1/16 through 15/16.

If you are not seeing those screens, I'm guessing you don't have the latest version of the app. Check with your regional office on how to update as it is very clear on the current harvest check in.

I'm not sure that they are using biological data from non-agency personnel. But, if you check it in with improper data, call the wildlife division and see if they need to correct it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts