Spent a day with the Catfish Killer aka gasman

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ole Bobby G told me he wanted to go catfishing and catch enough for a big fish fry for his upcoming birthday.
I told him that was no problem.

I called the Catfish Killer and told him what I needed.
He said that was no problem. :D

We hit the water about 6:30 or so that morning and even with the lack of current gasman started filling up the live well quickly.
He put fish after fish in the livewell.
He even can catch catfish while looking at and posting pictures on facebook.
This one was the first one to warrant some excitement.
It had a little "boat shrinkage" due to the fact he actually had it hooked right in front of the tail!
LOL makes them fight a bit harder when you do it that way. :rotf:

Then the very next fish was caught by Bobby G and it was giving him a fit and sure enough, back to back fish, were caught in the tail LOL Never seen anything like that in my life.

Of course gasman had big fish of the day... and the first and the most.... :moon:
This one was right at 10 pounds.

I, on the other hand, was given the faulty chicken and I spent the first 2 hours with bait in the water about 15 minutes.
The other hour and 45 minutes were spent picking out backlashes. :bash: :bash:

I finally got in a groove and landed the first flathead I have caught in a very long time.

After gasman filled up the livewell, pretty much by himself, we decided to catch some live bait and go after the big boys.
It was really cool watching the rod load up then the tip go DOWN.
Bent that heavy action rod all the way into the water.
Bobby G finally got it up to the top where we could get a look at it.
That's when things really got interesting, mainly for me and gasman LOL
Bobby was like, What's the big deal?
Three pounds on the dot.
It ate a big live bluegill.

Gasman was so tired from reeling all the fish in he even let Bobby G take over the captain duties.

Over all it was a fantastic day for sure.

Attachments

• bluefoul.jpg
    bluefoul.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 766
  • flathead.jpg
    flathead.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 769
  • blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 777
  • smallie.jpg
    smallie.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 768
  • capt.jpg
    capt.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 768

woodyard

gasman":30kn46zl said:
I had a blast! Fun trip for sure. Gonna change your name from "ruger" to "backlash" tho :D

See that ruger is sneaky. He just did all those backlashes to make yall think he wasn't any good at cat fishing and to give you the advantage. Next time he will pore it on yall.
Nearly every trip i ever been on with him, He has had five or six in the boat by the time i had a lure tied on or baited up. Then he proceed to jut pore it on me. Beats all I ever seen. Then he will haul off and catch a big one.
Sneaky I tell ya.

gasman

woodyard":wbcyhsvv said:
gasman":wbcyhsvv said:
I had a blast! Fun trip for sure. Gonna change your name from "ruger" to "backlash" tho :D

See that ruger is sneaky. He just did all those backlashes to make yall think he wasn't any good at cat fishing and to give you the advantage. Next time he will pore it on yall.
Nearly every trip i ever been on with him, He has had five or six in the boat by the time i had a lure tied on or baited up. Then he proceed to jut pore it on me. Beats all I ever seen. Then he will haul off and catch a big one.
Sneaky I tell ya.

If he was acting, he should win an Academy Award for it. :)

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
woodyard":252vvkno said:
gasman":252vvkno said:

Sneaky I tell ya.

Lol that's just because I have a good guide !

Spurhunter

gasman":3lhjq4yu said:
woodyard":3lhjq4yu said:
Sneaky I tell ya.

If he was acting, he should win an Academy Award for it. :)

:rotf:

Latest posts