Some pics from this years Bear/hog Season

Plott 1

The bear Weighed 140 and the Hog weighed 170 with 4" cutters. Dogs were on both Kills
IMG_0026.jpg
IMG_0041.jpg

Darkthirty II

Running'em with dogs is an awesome, but sadly dying tradition. Been in on a couple of bear hunts in coastal NC, mainly as a spectator, but that is an adranaline rush, that is hard to beat. Just hearing the dogs coming, knowing that there looking at the bear, is something you will never forget. I know I have seen a lot of Tenn plates while down on the coast, I was usually there for the ducks but bear season coinsided. I have seen some of the biggest, hairiest, ugliest men you will ever see that come out of the mountains to run those big bears.

Plott 1

I really enjoy The bear season and have now for about 30 yrs. I have only take 3 bear in my life but we usually just stay in the same area every year. Sometimes that limits you to very little action, but it sure is a rush when they tree or bay up. I have heard of some really big bear coming from the coast.

Darkthirty II

One of my college roommates killed a 662 lb'er in 1999. The bear killed 3 dogs before he could crawl in and kill it. Shot him at 6 feet with a 45/70. They hardly ever tree down there, they just bay up and fight. Got pictures but don't have a scanner.

4onaside

Reduce your picture size, so's everyone doesn't have to scroll side to side just to read the comments.
Somebody help with this, 'cause I don't know how to post pictures, period! lol

Latest posts