Set my first traps

Carlos

This morning's released critter.
IMG_0295.jpeg

GOHUNT

Using the DPs is a great way to help the Turkey population. The only critters I've caught in mine are coons, possums and a skunk….but 95% of the catches has been coons. The only skunk I caught I was able to slip in behind it and 1 shot from a .22 and he was done. I left it till I got off work and when I got to it buzzards I assume had it almost completely eaten…I was amazed.

Be sure to anchor your DPs well. On mine I've added about an 18" section of small diameter flexible cable with a loop clamped into the terminal end using a crimp on bullet. Then I use these quick links to attach the cable around a tree or post. I don't like finding no coon nor trap when I run my trap line. Another note about anchoring to a post…double wrap the cable around the post. I had one coon climb the post somehow getting the loop up over the post taking the trap!

Attachments

• IMG_0322.jpeg
    IMG_0322.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 14

Chickenrig

Using the DPs is a great way to help the Turkey population. The only critters I've caught in mine are coons, possums and a skunk….but 95% of the catches has been coons. The only skunk I caught I was able to slip in behind it and 1 shot from a .22 and he was done. I left it till I got off work and when I got to it buzzards I assume had it almost completely eaten…I was amazed.

Be sure to anchor your DPs well. On mine I've added about an 18" section of small diameter flexible cable with a loop clamped into the terminal end using a crimp on bullet. Then I use these quick links to attach the cable around a tree or post. I don't like finding no coon nor trap when I run my trap line. Another note about anchoring to a post…double wrap the cable around the post. I had one coon climb the post somehow getting the loop up over the post taking the trap!
Good advise right there now ! I know i've got a few Dukes& DPs runnin around over the years .

Carlos

Yep, heavier pan tension. So far i have caught 4 yotes on MB650's and one large coon on a MB550. Lighter pan tension on the 550.
Ok- and the pan tension is adjusted with the screw where the pan swivels, correct?

Latest posts