Ruger American Gen 2 ranch 16” 308

rickyk280

Lots of Vortex in the group I shoot with. Venom, Viper, Diamondback Tactical are the main ones. So far pretty much everyone that uses them in our group has had to send theirs back at least once. One just got a new Venom and it's bad out of the box, won't hold zero. A new guy came down today with a new Venom and it won't focus under 150yds. Vortex keeps sending them new scopes so they're happy with them.
If there happy that's all that matters.

rickyk280

I guess, kind of amazes me they're happy with scopes that have to be returned so much but everyone is different.
We just returned a Revic back to Gunwerks which they bought Revic out and it definitely wouldn't track properly. You would think a scope that cost over $2000,00 would track, we received an email that said it did have a problem and would be took care of it.It can happen to any of them!!

Remi

We just returned a Revic back to Gunwerks which they bought Revic out and it definitely wouldn't track properly. You would think a scope that cost over $2000,00 would track, we received an email that said it did have a problem and would be took care of it.It can happen to any of them!!

It can, but when I see 15 guys in a group and there are 15 vortex scopes in the group and 12 of them have been sent back at least once that leads me to believe there may be an issue with that company.

Maybe they're just unlucky.

I've had a few Leupolds go back, two SWFA and I've seen a few Nikons fail. The leupolds had a lens coating issue and 2 that would hold zero. Both swfa's were bought used and abused and the parallex went belly up. The Nikons I guess an internal lens fell out.

So, out of the 20 or so leupolds I've owned for 30 yrs I've sent back 3. I have 4 swfa that have been beat on pretty hard and the 2 used ones went back. The Nikons weren't mine but they were new and just kinda fell apart inside, lol.

That's not hardly going 12/15 on returns on scopes less than 5 yrs old.

tug

Vortex is crap and 2_5x10 is over kill for a 16 barrel. Unless ur just working up load development and then have at it.

A scope more fitting for the weight and balance of that rifle would be a 2.5 8 × 32 or a 1×5 .

Of course if you don't care anything about Weight and balance put that Zeiss on there. You will be a lot better off in terms of glass. VORTEX IS JUNK.

Stay out of Walmart.

rickyk280

It can, but when I see 15 guys in a group and there are 15 vortex scopes in the group and 12 of them have been sent back at least once that leads me to believe there may be an issue with that company.

Maybe they're just unlucky.

I've had a few Leupolds go back, two SWFA and I've seen a few Nikons fail. The leupolds had a lens coating issue and 2 that would hold zero. Both swfa's were bought used and abused and the parallex went belly up. The Nikons I guess an internal lens fell out.

So, out of the 20 or so leupolds I've owned for 30 yrs I've sent back 3. I have 4 swfa that have been beat on pretty hard and the 2 used ones went back. The Nikons weren't mine but they were new and just kinda fell apart inside, lol.

That's not hardly going 12/15 on returns on scopes less than 5 yrs old.
I have shot Leupold's for 50 years, and still do and always will. As for 12 of the 15 being sent back I see a lot more than that shot here every year and people seem to really like them. But like I said I don't own one or shoot one so I can't judge them other than what I am told and seen shot here.

Latest posts