Rubber boots??

RussellvilleRob

I have been shopping around a little for a new pair of rubber boots. I had a pair of Cabelas brand a couple years back and they weighed as much as a truck tire. I have noticed alot of different brands that have a neoprene upper. I tried on a pair of Bogs brand with the neoprene upper and they were pretty light. They also fit and felt very good. The problem I have is thinking that the non-rubber upper may absorb odor. Any experience or thoughts? Does this defeat the purpose of rubber boots?

TN Larry

I will second the LaCrosse Alpha Burly's. Mine are very comfortable. I have used them for three seasons. My only complaint is that mine have developed a small tear in them. It is probably something that I did. I would definitely buy another pair. I have also heard good reports from the Muck boots.

Brad Martin

TN Larry said:
I will second the LaCrosse Alpha Burly's. Mine are very comfortable. I have used them for three seasons. My only complaint is that mine have developed a small tear in them.
Same here, my dad's had a tear in them on the back after a while. Mine are still going strong. We have both gotten our money out of them. They are the most comfortable I have tried!

TNhunter

LaCrosse Alpha Burly Sports are great - they will outlast the Muck boots by at least 2x if not more. Secondly they are more comfortable. I thought I couldn't find a rubber type boot as comfortable as the Muck boot - but I was wrong. The Alpha Burly Sport beats them out!

Radar

TNhunter said:
LaCrosse Alpha Burly Sports are great - they will outlast the Muck boots by at least 2x if not more. Secondly they are more comfortable. I thought I couldn't find a rubber type boot as comfortable as the Muck boot - but I was wrong. The Alpha Burly Sport beats them out!

I agree . They are more comfortable than my Muck boots and far more durable .

Howa

Alpha burley sports-I've got the uninsulated ones for warm weather and the 1200 gram thinsulate side zip when it's cold. Got them both on sale from cabelas at different times, watch the web site for clearance stuff if you don't need it right away, I got awesome buys on both of mine. I NEVER pay full price for anything.

Radar said:
TNhunter said:

I agree . They are more comfortable than my Muck boots and far more durable .

ditto

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
The Alpha Burly's I have suck. I returned one pair cause they got tore just walking somewhere around the house. Sportsman Warehouse took them back and I got another pair thinking that maybe I got a cruddy pair or something. The next set I received tore just as easy around the ankle area on both feet. Nothing Shoe Goo (something every pair of LaCrosses ought to come with) couldn't fix. I won't buy another pair. I bought a pair of the Woody Max boots and like those a whole lot more.

Latest posts