Reloading Shotshell?

cruff10

I'm getting tired of going to wal-mart or somewhere and they not have any #6 Shotgun shells highbrass.....

Anyway i'm thinking of getting started reloading shotgun shells.... any tips, websites, how do I get started?

.45 COLT

This link is to the reloading forum at ShotgunWorld. There are a couple of current threads on starting reloading.

SGW RELOADING FORUM

99% of those guys are strictly target shooters - Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays - so they're into progressive reloading presses. The progressives are great for high-volume, I've got several of them, but probably for your use a single-stage press would be fine. They're a lot easier to use, especially for a new shotshell loader. A MEC 600jr. press is good, a MEC Sizemaster, for a few buck more, is a lot better. Both are single-stage and very easy to learn. A good manual is Lyman's Shotshell Manual, 5th Edition. 4th Edition is good too, just doesn't cover a lot of the newer powders.

DC

TiminTN

Excellent advise given. I`d like to add the Sizemaster has a collet sizing station to return the brass portion back to factory specs. I think this is the only way to go if you shoot an autoloader. I have bought 3 progressive shotgun presses and have finally figured out I am not capable. I went back with a Sizemaster and life is good again. I have a LNIB MEC progressive if anyone needs one.