Food Plots Question about establishing a good clover plot.

DMAG

I cleared a small piece in the woods and and have used plot spike clover seed. What could I do to help the clover establish. I connected every water hose I had and can reach it to water, but is there anything you all would suggest to help jump start it?

onside

How long ago did you plant? You most likely won't see good growth until the days get cooler. Late September, early October it should be evident.

RobbyW

I am not an expert at all! But I have done 2 clover plots. One I sprayed really good twice with gly to kill everything and it looks very good. The other I sprayed once, and then broke the ground up and it has a lot of weeds. My suggestion sounds like it will be late for you, but the biggest thing I would say is kill everything first. I spray, let it die, disk it up and give it time for any buried dormant seed to germinate then spray again. This worked very well on my "good plot", and I am spraying my 3rd plot tomorrow so I am ready for late Aug planting.

Also even on my good plot, I planted it in the fall and it took until the next spring to really do much.

Great White Stalker

Hey Robby, about how long between sprays? Also can you get the name of the spray. Im going to the fertilizer store tomorrow. They will probably know what it is... Thanks for any input.

Latest posts