OTC backcountry success!!

cm1021

That's awesome! I'm flying out tomorrow to Colorado to visit some my in-laws. Do either of the other two guys live in CO? I've always wondered Bout logistics and scouting without taking like 3 weeks and scouting then actually hunting. It's for sure a dream hunt of mine! I'm hoping there's still some rutting going on when we go out. Having a bull scream in my face would be so exciting!!

tellico4x4

Awesome bull man! Definitely on my bucket list. Not sure if I can ever make it happen with a bad wreck I had last year What destroyed my right knee.

What state were you hunting?
You should definitely go, nothing like archery elk imo. There's choices that are not as strenuous as a diy backpack hunt. Look at a northern NM ranch hunt using landowner tags if you have to.

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

That's awesome! I'm flying out tomorrow to Colorado to visit some my in-laws. Do either of the other two guys live in CO? I've always wondered Bout logistics and scouting without taking like 3 weeks and scouting then actually hunting. It's for sure a dream hunt of mine! I'm hoping there's still some rutting going on when we go out. Having a bull scream in my face would be so exciting!!
Nope, we all live on the upper east side here in TN. We had never set foot in the area we hunted. Find seclusion and you will greatly increase your odds. Be prepared to bow-hike. Hope you enjoy this!

Attachments

• IMG_7870.mov
    32.7 MB

Joe2Kool

We were 8 miles from the trailhead. Notice how the bases are off center on the skull. Very unique.
A good taxidermist can straighten 'em out for you!! 😆 😆

Congrats! DIYs can be tough. I did one DIY CO OTC second season last year. Two hunters and one friend. I hoofed it in 3+ miles in the dark to a glassing point only to have a flashlight shine on me. So I hoofed it another half mile only to have another light come through the area. Then I just sat down and waited for the sun to come up!

I figured 3-4 miles in was too far for the day hikers to come in, but not far enough to get in with the horse camp guys. Oh well, was I wrong. Anyway, fun trip. Buddy got one opening morning about a mile from camp.