Leupold thermal imager

pressfit

I would try one before I bought one.. I almost dropped about 3k on one back a few months ago, but instead I tried one out and was not 3k dollars worth of impressed...

Jon54

Flir has been making one for years. I have a very small one that attaches to my iPhone and it cost $250. Useful around the house for finding air leaks around windows, when searching for air leaks around ductwork and figuring out where my dog is in my backyard when he won't come in.

dirtturner

Would love to have one to look at night. Pull up over a hunting spot and from a distance- a good distance- see what comes out just after dark. May see him coming in from a spot you don't expect. Great scouting tool.

KPH

scn":21vf5yp6 said:
Illegal to be in possession of one if you have a bow or firearm in your possession between sunset and sunrise.
Can't you use one other wise? At least that is my understanding.

scn

KPH":23jug2lp said:
scn":23jug2lp said:
Illegal to be in possession of one if you have a bow or firearm in your possession between sunset and sunrise.

Yes, daytime use for one would be OK. But, it would be a violation to have one in your possession along with a bow or firearm when sunset arrived. If you were checked between sunset and sunrise and had one in your vehicle along with a firearm or bow, it would be a violation.

It would be pretty difficult to use one and remain legal.

pressfit

Are these any different than having a spotlight in your possession between sunset and sunrise if you have a gun or bow with you?

UpperTully

scn":2b6i2i9u said:
KPH":2b6i2i9u said:
scn":2b6i2i9u said:

Yes, daytime use for one would be OK. But, it would be a violation to have one in your possession along with a bow or firearm when sunset arrived. If you were checked between sunset and sunrise and had one in your vehicle along with a firearm or bow, it would be a violation.

It would be pretty difficult to use one and remain legal.

Of course, because in Tennessee everyone is automatically a poacher if they have either.

PickettSFHunter

I can use them in my hog exemption so it's not like you just absolutely can't have a firearm and a thermal. Is that loophole being abused by deer poachers? Absolutely yes it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts