Getting a FoxGrip

Wildcat

Well it looks like I'm getting a Foxgrip, I'm not letting what happened yesterday happen again.

Yesterday afternoon I went to LBL to do some coyote hunting and went to a spot where they had been farming. There was a large spot where they had moved large tractors and cutters between fields though the high grass and bush creating a large winding path though it that came out in the corner of the field. I figured the coyotes would feel safer coming into that spot rather than the large open cut fields so I set up to wind direction and the sun going down. Wasn't prefect but it was the best I could do there. I was against a tree at a higher spot and the first curve to my right I set the Shockwave pointing out to the far treeline that went the left side of the far open field and on the next left curve I set up my coyote decoy.

What I excepted was they would come from downwind either though the open woods to my left of would follow the treeline in the open field giving me a long open shot. But like we all know coyote hunting almost never goes as we want.

I started to call a little then cut it off for about 10 minutes then started again. This time I let the sequence play and kept watch. After a while I saw movement but it was in the wrong place, there was a coyote coming in UPWIND of where my caller and decoy was, he was following the bush, trees from the other side of the field corner. I had to move my gun and bipod to the right. As soon as he spotted my decoy he started to come in the rest of the way at a trot, I mean he was coming straight to the decoy like it was a part of the pack or something. He never slowed down and kept coming once he was in the open. I knew as soon as he was close enough he would smell the decoy and then the game would be up. The caller remote was on a lanyard hanging from my neck and down next to my waist so I could not get to it to hit any of the presets to try to stop him for a shot. I tried to bark at him but realized the caller was playing and it was between the coyote and me so he didn't hear me. The only thing I could do was try to take a shot and if I hit him I could get off a couple more with the AR-15. The shot went under him and blew up the dirt on the other side of him. He ran into the woods on my left and stopped looking back where he was and toward the open field he came from. I guess he thought what ever it was it came from out there because of the dirt hitting him on that side. I could see him moving around but couldn't get an open shot. About 15 minutes after the last time I saw him I got up to check if there was any blood or if I could find him in the bush. Nothing, it was a clean miss.

Hate I didn't get him but it was a lot of fun. I'll be ordering my a FoxGrip soon since I've only got two hands and can't work everything all at once. Anybody else got one, have any problems with them?

Latest posts