Extended squirrel season

Buzzard Breath

I was just leafing through the new hunting guide and saw that squirrel season doesn't close until March 15. It should be a nice excuse to carry a gun while scouting for deer.

Screenshot_20220712-074054_Drive.jpg

Buzzard Breath

Was just noticing the regs regarding hunting & trapping of bobcats.
A bit confusing to me.

This statement even a bit amusing . . . . .

Bobcat season is June 1 - 30 on TWRA-managed lakes.
I saw that also and can only assume its a misprint. It's by a footnote that's next to the bullfrog season.

A quick glance through the regs and there are several instances of it not being adequately proofread. It's almost like the company they hire to put this out was in a rush and just hit send.

Last edited:

TheLBLman

This pamphlet also states bobcat season for both hunting & trapping is November 18 - February 28.

Further down same pamphlet, it states bobcats may be taken during any deer season segment.

Well, archery deer season begins in August, and has traditionally been the entire month of October, which is certainly before the stated bobcat hunting & trapping season begins November 18.

I'm sure there's a logical explanation, but in the meantime, a bit confusing.
It may be that you cannot go afield hunting with the "intent" of killing a bobcat,
but should you see one, you can kill it while archery deer hunting in October?

TheLBLman

Dadgum it!
I just missed the June bobcat hunt on Garrett Lake!

No way Ruger & Woodyard would have missed that, had they only known!
Nothing like a June morning outing for bream & bobcat!

Next June, might have to borrow an air rifle from Kirk, since it says only air rifles can be used on agency lakes for bobcats. I bet that .457 Texan would be an excellent bobcat slayer!

Last edited:

SKFOOTER

I saw that also and can only assume its a misprint. It's by a footnote that's next to the bullfrog season.

A quick glance through the regs and there are several instances of it not being adequately proofread. It's almost like the company they hire to put this out was in a rush and just hit send.
There are always misprints in the Hunting & Fishing Guide. It's as though it never gets proofread before going to publication!

Buzzard Breath

I was pretty excited till I saw South Cherokee Closed to all hunting March 1st thru August :(
I wonder if that's something TWRA set up, or if it's something the feds want. If it's something TWRA has done, I wonder if it's just an oversight and an email to the commissioners and the WMA Manger could get it changed for next year.

Latest posts