Drumming

Andy S.

Early in life (18-35 y/o), I could hear it 80-100 yards with leaf off and minimal to no wind. Killed a bunch of drumming birds as they snuck in and oftentimes flanked me just below the crest of a ridge/slope. Nowadays, if I I hear it, he is within range and I am scanning every direction to try and find him before he finds me. If you try to learn and listen to it on YouTube videos, do yourself a favor, and use some quality headphones and you will be more apt to hear it than coming out of phone/laptop speakers.

david k.

I'm 61 and my ears ring constantly so I actually heard them on the last bird I killed this year for the first time ever...and that was only because my 26 year old son whispered, "do you hear them drumming, they have to be close!"

Before that, I actually had no idea what I was listening for.

ETN Deer

Opening morning this season I had set up in a saddle and noticed a gobbler on the roost bout 80 yds away. There were gobbles in all directions but he never made a peep. I could hear him spitting and drumming though on the limb. He flew opposite of my set to some hens. I'd heard them spit and drum on the ground, but that was my first on the roost limb.

Rockhound

I thinking alot of people can probably hear it, they just don't know how to hear it. The best way os to find someone with tame birds and set and listen. I can hear it easily. Amd I got on a flock a few years ago that had 3 strutters in it and they must have been trying to out drum one another because you could hear those birds drumming at 150 yards

Latest posts