Caney fork river ?????

TNTreeman

I'm serious, ide like someone to take me and show me how and where to go. I don't like going to a new place unless I go with someone that know the area. I have a boat but no motor on it except a trolling motor, I don't even know what baits to get
I'm a novice fisherman but I've caught decent fish on the Caney on corn , salmon eggs and those rebel mini crawfish. It's really a pretty little river . Don't remember any exacts spots but we used to wade out in it in the summer and do fairly well,.

hammer33

Its been a MANY years since I have gone. There are some good floats for a boat without a big motor. You will need someone to run shuttle. Put in at the dam and float down to Betty's island.
The closer to the dam, the more trout, further down toward the cumberland, more bass/stripers/mixed species.
CAUTION if they start running generators the river can change personality in minutes from a nice lazy float to a fast scary bit of water. You WILL have to stay alert to keep from getting pushed into a "strainer" or downed tree.
The grapevine says to go EARLY to avoid the bus loads of tubers and kayakers that cover the river when the outfitters begin dropping off.
Hope this helps.

MidTennFisher

Right now they've got the sluice and generators wide open. Absolutely no wading, kayaking, boating, any of that would be the least bit safe!

However, fishing from shore can be good if you can find a safe area to stand, fishing from the steps at the dam can also be good. The steps by the dam are no secret and you will see other people. Just be mindful of where their fishing lines are and hope they'll do the same for you. Jigging spoons while the generators are on has worked well for me in the past.

You can check the generation schedule for that dam at the link below

Latest posts