Called up a couple foxes

huntinman

I had the Fox Pro out yesterday evening back behind the house. Made 2 different stands between 4pm and dark. The first stand was a bust. ddin't see or hear anything. I moved down a little further and into the woods near a creek bank. I set the call up near a huge tree and moved up the hill about 30 yards. It wasn't 30 seconds after I started the call that 2 gray foxes showed up. They must have walked in using the creek bed as cover, cause I didn't see them til they were standing 5 ft from the caller. I didn't shoot either of them, but I do feel like they were the culprits that got into my neighbors guinea pen and killed all 5 of the guineas in 1 night. I was thinking it was Coyotes, but the pen is pretty tight for a Coyote to get in. A fox wouldn't have had a problem. At least I know the Foxpro will call something in.

huntinman

I remember Cecil that it is illegal to shoot them after calling them in with an E-Caller. They were fun to watch. I have seen the true meaning of "Sly as a Fox". They were on top of the caller before I knew they were even around.

Latest posts