Food Plots Best no till plot??

PickettSFHunter

I use something like wheat, rape, and crimson clover. Really depends on how much sun though, I like seven top or purple top turnips in a no till mix too. Most commercial mixes will be close to this except they will usually have a annual ryegrass in place of wheat. Commercial mixes will have berseem clover too alot of times. Im good with annual ryegrass in some situations but many will discourage you from using that for a variety of reasons... If you look at the labels of some of the buck on bag products you can see what is in them and the percentages of each.

Hunter 257W

Whitetail Institute's 'No Plow' has worked pretty good for me. Deer ate it well last year. This was in a field surrounded by woods but not really resricted light - it's a rectangle shaped field that runs North to South so gets a fair amount of light year round.

I did have a narrow opening with restricted light that I tried "Secret Spot" (another Whitetail Institute product) in last Fall. I disked the ground up really good, broadcast the seed and ran the cultipacker over it. I got nothing. Not sure what happened but was dissapointed for sure.

Radar

I have used Throw and Grow with good results , but it's mostly Ryegrass . This year I'm going to try purple top turnups and ground hog radishes mixed in for a late season plot .

Latest posts