ATV accessories

Jon54

As I posted in another post, I just bought a new Yamaha Grizzly 350 2wd. I know I need something to hold my rifle and I think I need better front and rear racks. Anyone have any favorite accessories? I've had this darn thing for almost two weeks and I've put a 1/10th of a mile on it.

Gravey

Sportsmans Guide sells a front & rear combo rack set. I don't have it but looks decent. Academy normally carries some as well if you have one close by. As for a gun holder look no further than the kolpin gun boot and bracket. Nothing can compare to it in my opinion.

Widowmaker

Kolpin boot and bracket is the way to go for your guns. Sky is the limit for the racks. I prefer the ones with sides, it makes it easier to tie stuff down on the fourwheeler. Also, if you don't have a skid plate/stick stoppers on they are great additions.

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
I have aluminum skid plates on my Honda 500 and am putting an LED light bar and winch on it next weekend. Since yours is a 2WD, a winch would probably be a good investment. To me, a gun boot gets in the way and the gun holders on the front of your atv are scope killers.

280longshot

A gun/bow rack will hold your weapon and is a nice addition if you want your scope knocked off zero. I've never used one but know of several that have and the atv ride isn't always a smooth ride. I always carry my weapon/rifle/bow with a strap/sling and the sling positioned on my back and weapon on the front of my body while riding a wheeler.

Rackseeker

050.jpg

049-2.jpg

I built these rack covers to go on my Foreman, A lot easier to strap stuff down and it don't move around.

LY

Shop around for a cheap set of gun holders, nothing fancy or expensive, they're handy to hold your weapon while stopped.

I used to ride with mine in them but stopped after seeing how much the gun/scope was bumped around when riding at any speed and/or hitting bumps. I never had a scope knocked off zero, but why take the chance. I now use the sling and either throw it across my back or lay it across my lap on short easy rides.

We used gun boots for a few years too but eventually stopped. One, they kept the gun dry during a ride in the rain which was nice. But once a gun gets wet while out hunting and you then put that wet gun into the boot for the ride home you'll have a wet gun every time you use the boot until it eventually dries out. Two, unless your barrel is really long and resting at the bottom, then all the weight of the rifle will be resting on the scope as you bounce over every bump.

Rackseeker

Jon54":2qjiab2g said:
What are the racks made of? Did you pull the old racks off?

They are made out of 3/4" marine grade plywood, then I had them sprayed with Line X. These are mounted to the factory racks with some mounting blocks made from aluminum. They have held up good over the years. I'm in the process of building some new ones for my new Rubicon.

Wrangler95

280longshot":ho9uq9q3 said:
A gun/bow rack will hold your weapon and is a nice addition if you want your scope knocked off zero. I've never used one but know of several that have and the atv ride isn't always a smooth ride. I always carry my weapon/rifle/bow with a strap/sling and the sling positioned on my back and weapon on the front of my body while riding a wheeler.

That is what I do also!!

Latest posts