Any idea what kind of seed or fruit pit this is?

portugeejn

Found a pile of scat & it was full of these seeds. Anyone know what they might be from?
35DBE5A7-6F54-4B08-B011-F1B58ED1AE36.jpeg

Attachments

• 551482A6-9825-4EF9-9842-9869CC87C91A.jpeg
    551482A6-9825-4EF9-9842-9869CC87C91A.jpeg
    308.2 KB · Views: 56

portugeejn

I kind of suspected either coyote or bear, but the pile was kinda small & we have a number of coyotes that live in some caves near here. When a emergency vehicle siren is nearby, they will often start singing. I vote coyote. Thanks.

UCStandSitter

Agree: Persimmon seed. Scratch a spot of dirt and plant them. They are super easy to grow.
Grow em somewhere besides your yard. I finally cut ours down. When the fruit drops it makes a slippery mess in the yard. Had several family members slip and slide on ours on a small hill. Messy on the mower tires as well.

portugeejn

Grow em somewhere besides your yard. I finally cut ours down. When the fruit drops it makes a slippery mess in the yard. Had several family members slip and slide on ours on a small hill. Messy on the mower tires as well.
Thanks for the suggestion for somewhere besides the yard. I have a couple ideas in mind that will work well.
Agree: Persimmon seed. Scratch a spot of dirt and plant them. They are super easy to grow.
Thanks for the suggestion. Hadn't even thought about planting some.

TNlandowner

When she was three years old, my daughter planted a persimmon seed in the front yard, next to her mom's favorite Magnolia tree. We forgot about it until noticing it growing the next spring. Today, the persimmon tree has grown taller than the Magnolia, and hides most of it before losing leaves in the fall. This tree has benefited from yard fertilization and has a ton of fruit each fall. My daughter is almost 14 now. There is no way I could cut down her tree. Fortunately our dog and other animals keep the fruit cleaned up fairly well.

Latest posts